The walking, hiking, jogging and running club

busted out 7.51 miles today, something is wrong with me!! haha.. I should be taking a break (I absolutely am tomorrow), but I just really like the running right now, already signed up for another half-marathon in a month!

...and that's how the addiction starts :)...

...and that's how the addiction starts :)...

It's sooooo true!! I have been running in every city I travel to for work, it's crazy!

Some of the cities have really awesome running trails, and I am accumulating quite the list of cities I have ran in. It's 100% an addiction now!

It's sooooo true!! I have been running in every city I travel to for work, it's crazy!

Some of the cities have really awesome running trails, and I am accumulating quite the list of cities I have ran in. It's 100% an addiction now!

It's a great addiction to have!

I've gotten a couple of hikes in this week and worked on my wall. I now have 56ft completed! I'm more then 1/2 way done. Building that all is really building the muscles in my arms! I've also painted a table and chairs that sit out by the pool bright blue and bought a new red and white umbrella to go with it. I'll be re-staining another patio set with redwood stain and I bought some new blue, red and white stripped cushions for them. I'm doing everything red white and blue! I wanted some brightness out there.

It's a great addiction to have!

I've gotten a couple of hikes in this week and worked on my wall. I now have 56ft completed! I'm more then 1/2 way done. Building that all is really building the muscles in my arms! I've also painted a table and chairs that sit out by the pool bright blue and bought a new red and white umbrella to go with it. I'll be re-staining another patio set with redwood stain and I bought some new blue, red and white stripped cushions for them. I'm doing everything red white and blue! I wanted some brightness out there.

Oh man, you are going to need to come up with another project when you are done!! congrats on the progress.

This week:

5/8: 2.5mile walk
5/10: 5.4 mile run
5/11: 6.2 mile run
5/12: 5.6 mile run
5/13: 6.0 mile run (fastest pace yet - 9:12 minute miles)
5/14: 5.4 mile run
Today, 6.2 mile run

Worked on "The Wall" yesterday and did some more tree trimming but it got hot real fast so I was only able to work outside for 3 hrs. It's going to be a little cooler for the nest couple of days so tomorrow and Wed I'm going on early morning hikes.

I have lots to do here to keep me busy. When I'm done or it get's too hot to work outside then I'm going to do some painting and remodeling on the inside of my house. I do woodworking so I always have a project to do. I've made a set of 5 living room tables, my headboard and TV stand in my bedroom and I still have to make my bedside tables. I also do oil painting and make the frames. I have a whole workshop in the garage and what I call my art room in the house. You might say I was always the handyman of the house.

I also will be doing a lot of traveling up north this summer to a cabin I have on a lake. The house is just 2 years old and still needs a lot of work inside and out. I'll also be fishing on that lake! I'm thinking of getting a kayak and learning how to use it.

It was a real nice day yesterday, cool so we were able to hike 6 miles.

Today I'm going to trench out around the base of the house so I can lay some bug stuff. Then I need to spray the inside. see i don't trust the bug services. I once used them and noticed I still had a lot of bugs. I think they water the stuff down. I buy a concentrate at the bug and weed store and mix it my self. Those bugs don't stand a chance in my house!

I'll have to stop working on the wall for a few weeks and catch up on other stuff I need to do around here.

05/13 5k treadmill
05/14 3.59k outside on a hilly run
05/15 5k treadmill
05/16 off
05/17 off
05/18 3.59k outside

Last night was my first outside run that was non stop. Time to extend the distance.

I started running outside 2 weeks ago after running most of the winter on my treadmill.

running outside was a shock to me. Running 5k on treadmill is work for me but definitely do able. First time out I ran 300 meters and had to walk to catch breath then I ran a bit further each day with out stopping to walk. Did some reading and found outside I was running faster than I do on treadmill. Now I run slower outside and try to control my breathing by deep belly breathing.

Definitely enjoy running outside way more and tonight I plan to extend my route to 4-5k.

I use a free website to measure my runs mapmyrun.com (hope that isn't against the rules here.

05/13 5k treadmill
05/14 3.59k outside on a hilly run
05/15 5k treadmill
05/16 off
05/17 off
05/18 3.59k outside

Last night was my first outside run that was non stop. Time to extend the distance.

I started running outside 2 weeks ago after running most of the winter on my treadmill.

running outside was a shock to me. Running 5k on treadmill is work for me but definitely do able. First time out I ran 300 meters and had to walk to catch breath then I ran a bit further each day with out stopping to walk. Did some reading and found outside I was running faster than I do on treadmill. Now I run slower outside and try to control my breathing by deep belly breathing.

Definitely enjoy running outside way more and tonight I plan to extend my route to 4-5k.

I use a free website to measure my runs mapmyrun.com (hope that isn't against the rules here.

Nice!! I LOVEEEEE running outside. I started on a treadmill as well, and after running outside for 6 months straight, I had a real hard time moving back indoors when the weather turns. It's funny too (treadmilling). When I run on a treadmill, I have a REALLY hard time running "6mph"... I say it like that (with quotes), because I use a running app (runkeeper, and runkeeper.com) to track my runs, using my phones GPS, and I consistently run 6 mile runs at 6.5-7mph. Now, why can I run outdoors on real terrain at 6.5mph, but I almost fall off the treadmill when it's set at 6? Who knows, I am sure there is a good reason, but I have a tendancy to run much more naturally faster outdoors. Keep it up, let us know how the 5K run goes!

ran 5.22k last night. It was good didn't have to stop at any point.

took 35 minutes 5.56 mph based on calc of distance and time.

Phew, time for a couple days of rest... :)...

5/18 - 6.2 miles
5/19 - 7.0 miles (9:01 minute miles)
5/20 - 5.0 miles (8:59 minute miles)
5/21 - 14.1 miles!!!!!! yikes, longest of all time. My body is pissed haha... well, it won't be down the road, but for now...it's tired.

45 freakin' miles total this week running. That's a wrap.

That's great! You'll get to do all kinds of exploring by getting out and running. Great job! Probably one of the only healthy addictions that a person could have :)

i bought one of those gps/pulse watches to keep track of my running. i usually run 13km a couple of times a week. i plan on going on a longer run once a week...

i bought one of those gps/pulse watches to keep track of my running. i usually run 13km a couple of times a week. i plan on going on a longer run once a week...

awesome! I use my iPhone to track my run and play music, tracking the run on GPS has really helped me increase speed and distance, and know if I am slacking haha.

I've been on vacation so I haven't hiked. I did do a lot of walking when I could and used the stairs in the hotel a lot. It's too hot here to hike so I'll have to use the treadmill. The wall I'm building is on hold now until the fall.

ran 5.5k last night felt good. Bought a Garmin Forerunner 305 it tells you a lot of statistics about your runs.

I get to see my heart rate for every point of the run.
As well speed, elevation and maps my route on google earth.

Need to get back into running and lose some weight!
Todays run was 9.38k or 5.8 miles-
Hopefully I can stay motivated and this will become my hobby once again:)

ran 7.3k last night felt good and could of gone further.

Back