The walking, hiking, jogging and running club

BigLyn10

I thought I'd start a club for everyone that likes to walk, hike, run or jog. You can record what you do daily or weekly. It can be in miles or time spent doing these activities.

Also give each other tips and encouragement and talk about where you walk, run, ect.

It doesn't matter if all you can start with is 5 min.

Lynn :hurray:

Last edited:
I didn't do any walking today because yesterday I hiked 3.5 hrs and will be going for another hike tomorrow so I'm letting my feet rest a bit today.

great club!

3/2/2011

Jogged/ Ran (average 5mph) for 65 minutes, distance of 5.25 miles. My HRM said I burned 1006 calories (I was at an incline that ranged from 2%-10%)

Also, busted out 25 minutes of walking tonight after dinner, @ 3.3 mph average (only 105 calories :)...)

Last edited:
wooh! definitely joining this club :) I walked/hiked 2.5hrs today over the Appalachian mountain range area. My legs are definitely feeling it XD

Tomorrow if I can walk 1hr over hilly areas - I'm going to be pretty freakin happy

I am also loving this club, so i am up to 9.6m in total over the last three days.

About 2.5 miles of which was running approx.

Charlie

I am in. I use Runkeeper on my phone to keep track a lot of this stuff with GPS. I even have gone so far to purchase a HR monitor that syncs up with the phone.

Great work everyone!

I hiked 4 miles with my fitness club. The first part was going up a steep hill on a switch back trail.

3/3/2011:

5 miles, @ 4.5mph average. (9am)
2.5 miles @ 3.5mph average (7pm)
TOTAL = 7.5 miles, total 1006 calories

Went into the city today and spent the day at a charity auction. Did a lot of walking around, more like strolling. I'm planning to hike tomorrow in the morning.

wooh! definitely joining this club :) I walked/hiked 2.5hrs today over the Appalachian mountain range area. My legs are definitely feeling it XD

Tomorrow if I can walk 1hr over hilly areas - I'm going to be pretty freakin happy

I've always wanted to hike along the Appalachian trail. I've never been there. I walked 2 miles today. Didn't go on a hike but I'm planning to in the morning.

Hi,

Can I join? I haven't done any walking/running today cos I just found you guys but i'm planning on doing a 5k run tomorrow :0)

Just making a playlist for music to run along to on the treadmill

I plan on doing 20 minutes at 7Mph or either 10 minutes at 6.5mph and then up to 7mph for the last ten

3/6/2011

Distance: 11miles total
walked3.5 miles
jogged/ ran8.0 miles total, 6.0mph average

Total duration, 2 hours
total calorie burn (according to HRM) 1500!

Hi,

Can I join? I haven't done any walking/running today cos I just found you guys but i'm planning on doing a 5k run tomorrow :0)

Sure you can join. This is for everyone. A 5k run that's great.

Today I hiked 6 mile. It was such a beautiful day. The wild flowers will be blooming soon. There were plenty of people out on the trails today. There's a lot of uphill on this trail so I get a real good workout.

I have been doing 5k runs on my treadmill at least 3 times per week. Did last on Saturday 39minutes 10 secs. ran 4.8mph without stopping. Will try to bump to 5mph soon.
Like to go in a 5k event somewhere this summer hopefully running it in 30 minutes or less.

Today I did a 5k run in 49.02 :0( my time has went up by about 30secs this week booooo! Not to worry though cos I ran bigger distances and walked longer if that makes sense :0)

yesterday was a 'break' day, so I only walked 2.5 miles near my house. I feel obligated to do something everyday, because of livestrong.com. I am tracking my calories on there, and with my goal of 1.5 pounds/ week of loss, if I don't get a few hundred calories of exercise, my net calorie goal is too low to eat anything worth eating! Going to try and jog today.

Back