The walking, hiking, jogging and running club

Last night, 2.25 miles walking
Today - 6.59 miles w/ an average pace of 10.57 minutes/ miles (using RunKeeper on iPhone)

Great job everyone, keep up the good work!

Hiked 6 miles this morning then went and bought some block to make a retainer wall.

They are 22lbs each and I have decided to build the wall my self. It will be 1 1/2 ft high on one end and 3 ft high on the other. This wall curves around the far side of the pool and is aprox 90 ft long. That means I need over 600 blocks that I will carry into the back yard up a few steps then down a few steps then up a few more steps then across part of the yard then down behind the pool. I figure I can do this a couple of hrs in the morning on the days I don't go hiking and this will be my exercise for my upper body and when I have to pick up and set down the blocks I'll do it by using my legs in a squat. Kind if like killing 2 birds with one stone!

It will take me a while to build it. I have built retainer walls before.

Thursday: 5.0 miles running
Friday: Dug 12" deep trench in the backyard, and dug-out 14 large bushes. trench was total length of 40', in heavy clay soil.

Saturday: 11.2 miles in 1:54.29!!! That was pretty fun to accomplish. Half-marathon 2 weeks from today... crazy.

Thursday: 5.0 miles running
Friday: Dug 12" deep trench in the backyard, and dug-out 14 large bushes. trench was total length of 40', in heavy clay soil.

Saturday: 11.2 miles in 1:54.29!!! That was pretty fun to accomplish. Half-marathon 2 weeks from today... crazy.

Sounds like your getting your exercise also. Your doing really well with your running. Good luck with your 1/2 marathon. :cheers2:

I hiked 4 miles Sunday and I'm going for a hike Tomorrow.

I've been working on the wall. I have 12 feet completed so far. See first I have to remove the old bolders that are holding the wall in place That in it's self is a lot of work. I have to pick up the rocks and bolders and toss them over the pool fence that is 5 ft high, then dig out the area, place a bottom brick, level it and start back-filling it as I build a section up. I am doing this by myself. It's going to look so nice when it's done.
So I call this by brick work-out and block squats! LOL

Oh and I started the 3 ft end.

Last edited:
Well I hiked 8 1/2 miles yesterday and today I worked on my wall. After I worked on the wall for 4 hrs then I did more yard work.

I've got to get to bed soon as I'm going for another hike in the morning and we have to start at 6 am now because it getting warm here.

I hiked 5 miles yesterday and worked on the wall today. I can tell I have built up some muscle in my legs and butt. I haven't built up as much on my arms yet but with all the digging, removing and throwing of large rocks over the fence and carrying the bricks through the yard hopefully I notice more soon.

Tomorrow another Hike. I'm hiking 3 days a week most weeks and working on the opposite days on the wall.

Man, Easter was rough!

Friday: 6.59 miles
Sat: worked on the yard digging/ trenching/ cable-laying for 6 hours... ugh.
Sunday: Hungover, and pushed myself to run! I have not dogged on my run like that in a long time... wow, I was just putting along.
6 days till the 1/2 marathon... phew!

Man, Easter was rough!

Friday: 6.59 miles
Sat: worked on the yard digging/ trenching/ cable-laying for 6 hours... ugh.
Sunday: Hungover, and pushed myself to run! I have not dogged on my run like that in a long time... wow, I was just putting along.
6 days till the 1/2 marathon... phew!

Sounds like your going to do just great on that marathon. :waving:

I've been doing the hikes and working on my wall as usual. I'll be glad when I get that wall done. It's really hard work for me. 26 ft completed and it looks really good!

I hiked 5 miles yesterday the first 2 miles up a very steep hill was like climbing stairs for 2 miles!

I've been working on my wall as usual. I'll be glad when I get that wall done. It's really hard work for me. 26 ft completed and it looks really good!

you'll have to post a picture when you are done!

Yesterday, ran:

10.59 miles (in a long time haha... can't post such a long time!)

So hot here today, in the mid-90's... can't imagine Arizona!

ah, last day of running before the marathon. Now I get 3 days off (I am going to jog about 2 miles 2 days before the marathon)...

6.7 miles, 10 minute pace.

Goal for the 1/2 marathon: 10 minute pace average for 13.1 miles... lets see!

ah, last day of running before the marathon. Now I get 3 days off (I am going to jog about 2 miles 2 days before the marathon)...

6.7 miles, 10 minute pace.

Goal for the 1/2 marathon: 10 minute pace average for 13.1 miles... lets see!

Good Luck with your marathon! :party:

I haven't hiked since Tuesday but will go on a 10 mile one in the morning. We'll be starting at 5:30 am due to the heat.

Worked on the wall and now have 34 ft completed. So far it looks pretty good!

:party::party::party::party:

2 hours, 3 minutes!!!!!

I was shooting for 130 minutes, finished in 123! That's more than 30 seconds/ mile faster than my goal. I am really excited, and now really sore. Feels great though

:party::party::party::party:

2 hours, 3 minutes!!!!!

I was shooting for 130 minutes, finished in 123! That's more than 30 seconds/ mile faster than my goal. I am really excited, and now really sore. Feels great though

Wow! That's great! Congrats! :party:

I hiked on Sat and and worked on my wall yesterday. I now have 40ft completed. I'll post a picture soon. After slinging a sludge hammer 2 hrs yesterday to break up some of the rocks I couldn't move. My shoulder muscles are a bit sore. I'll give them a break today!

Did 5.92 miles tonight while traveling here in San Francisco.. still pretty sore from the 1/2 marathon, so it was a slow run, but still nice!

busted out 7.51 miles today, something is wrong with me!! haha.. I should be taking a break (I absolutely am tomorrow), but I just really like the running right now, already signed up for another half-marathon in a month!

Back