The Fat Gamers Weight loss progress thread

Hey guys i decided to lose weight last year after finding out i was almost 252lb. I started losing my weight by cutting out all of the junk food like fizzy drinks,chocolate,cakes,sweets. I also now only eat wholemeal bread and have skimmed milk.
Just doing that really started to trigger off my weight loss so i also decided i would walk too and from college which is a 2mile jouney there and back.

For christmas i got a gym work bench and a set of dumbbells so i have recently started them too.

Im not too sure how much i weigh in the first two pics but in the lates pic my weight is around 180lb

weightlossfront.jpg

weightlossback.jpg

weightlosssiideleft.jpg

weightlossright.jpg

Update 2
Ok since the last pictures taken on the 18th January i have lost 13lb so i am now at 167lb. My next goal is to reach 154lb by the end of March. I'll update this thread in a months time. :seeya:

Update 3
Ok i weighed myself yesterday morning at 157lb that is a 10lb loss from last month. Last night i ate a chinese which has made me look a little more bloated in these pics posaibly due to water retention due to the amount of Carbs and salt in it. I also weighed myself this morning and have gained 2lb since yesterday but this is most likely excess water. I hope to lose at least another 10lb by the 18th of next month :seeya:

Update 4

Hey guys sorry about last month but I was unable to update my thread because I was away. I haven't been trying to lose weight but I have lost a few more pounds so i now weigh 143lb.

I will update this thread every month with new pics.

Last edited:
Great progress!
You are looking amazing and now that you're working out, you're going to be even hotter!

Congratulations to you and ...keep up the good work!

Wow man, great job!

We were almost the same starting weight exactly, and are the same height!

Nice! I just checked out you're pics you have done sooo amazing man. Hope i look as good as you when i get to 170lb.

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you have any problems with loose skin? im kind of worried if i will get it or not.

Nice! I just checked out you're pics you have done sooo amazing man. Hope i look as good as you when i get to 170lb.

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you have any problems with loose skin? im kind of worried if i will get it or not.

Yeah I have had problems.Not everyone does. Mainly because I didn't work abs....or maybe just from excess weight. But my belly button is literally 2 craters deep, lol. It's actually at the point where it feels uncomfortable sometimes when sitting down..

You didn't have quite as much as weight to lose. Work abs, that may help tighten it help. Also, I heard that it tightens up with time.

Perhaps you can go to bodyguilding.com, look out body weight resistent excerises. These use your body weight. You can do these at home. I go to the gym, but you can do it at home too. Things such as squats with weights, dumbell flies, crunches with weights, push ups with feet elevated.

You've done a fantastic job. Don't give up no matter what.

Funny you like games too. I'm an avid gamer myself. I actually got addicted to an MMORPG and thats mainly how I put on alot of the weight. I'm really into the portable game systems.

Last edited:
Yeah I have had problems.Not everyone does. Mainly because I didn't work abs....or maybe just from excess weight. But my belly button is literally 2 craters deep, lol. It's actually at the point where it feels uncomfortable sometimes when sitting down..

You didn't have quite as much as weight to lose. Work abs, that may help tighten it help. Also, I heard that it tightens up with time.

Perhaps you can go to bodyguilding.com, look out body weight resistent excerises. These use your body weight. You can do these at home. I go to the gym, but you can do it at home too. Things such as squats with weights, dumbell flies, crunches with weights, push ups with feet elevated.

You've done a fantastic job. Don't give up no matter what.

Funny you like games too. I'm an avid gamer myself. I actually got addicted to an MMORPG and thats mainly how I put on alot of the weight. I'm really into the portable game systems.

Thanks for the advice i will look into doing my abs . You're thread has really motivated can't believe how good you look at 170 im so close to getting to that weight.

How much do you weigh now?

Thanks for the advice i will look into doing my abs . You're thread has really motivated can't believe how good you look at 170 im so close to getting to that weight.

How much do you weigh now?

I'm 170.0.

I took that photo today. It's taken me over 1 year and a half. I've never gained any back though. I did stall out for a good 5 months. I had to completely change my eating to get down from 179 to 170. Very little or no processed foods, lots of fruits, vegetables, beans, lots of nuts. I dropped about 7 lbs of water weight just from all the salt I cut out.

Hopefully soon I'll be under 170. I think around 170.0 ish, you really begin to start to notice more. Even though I have loose skin, you can start to see the ribcage. Its kind of weird. I've never seen my ribcage since I was a kid 8 years old.

...when I started, most (if not all) the people I knew on these forums left. It's not how slow you go, its that you don't stop.

Last edited:
I'm 170.0.

I took that photo today. It's taken me over 1 year and a half. I've never gained any back though. I did stall out for a good 5 months. I had to completely change my eating to get down from 179 to 170. Very little or no processed foods, lots of fruits, vegetables, beans, lots of nuts. I dropped about 7 lbs of water weight just from all the salt I cut out.

Hopefully soon I'll be under 170. I think around 170.0 ish, you really begin to start to notice more. Even though I have loose skin, you can start to see the ribcage. Its kind of weird. I've never seen my ribcage since I was a kid 8 years old.

...when I started, most (if not all) the people I knew on these forums left. It's not how slow you go, its that you don't stop.

Really looking forward to getting down to 170l since lifting weights i have noticed the changed in my arms they look more defined which is pretty cool.

I'm going to update this thread with new pics on the 18th of every month.

I have no idea what my rib cage look's like lol Can't wait to find out

I have just started my weight loss too and I look exactly like your second picture only slightly thinner arms, it's mainly my belly and ass that is fat :( Mainly due to eating junk food and gaming just like you :s I am just a little bit under 6ft, possibly 5ft11 and weigh 225 pounds currently. I'm hope to lose 40 pounds and get to around 185.

You've definitely lost a lot already it's showing nicely, keep up the good work as it is a great motivator.

I have changed my daily routine already and I now cycle 3 miles to work and back (i sit on my ass all day in an office), it's not much but it's a start and it's already showing as last week I weighed 231 pounds. I am planning on doing some at home exercises like lunges, squats, push ups, sit ups and dumbell lifting.

I'm going to make a thread soon so that you can track my progress. Good luck on your journey :)

the differences between my situation and yours are few and far between for the last five months I've been attending an I.T Academy (walk 3.6miles there and back), on january the 1st I quit drinking coca-cola I only drinking diet Lemonade and Vodka when out as opposed to lager and I'm starting to feel the effects one month on I have no idea how much I weigh but I've signed up for the gym as my course ends in 2 weeks and I'll have 6 months free before I start uni so It'll keep me occupied if you don't mind me asking what games do you play? and are you from the United Kingdom? also i'll be posting up some starting pictures from last month and an introduction anyway congratulations and keep up the good work dude

Back