The 21 Day Club

drat... all of a sudden i'm two days behind. have to get the car smog checked today, so i'll be combining that with a walk.

have to get the car smog checked today, so i'll be combining that with a walk.
Smart move combining a task that you need to do with the exercise walk... My husband and I walk every day... Most days we do the same route - but we'll do a different route tomorrow as Rod has started going to a toy soldiers club in town so we will head to the club. I'll then go in a couple of shops before walking home - and he will walk home later after he has played

Its amazing how time gets by in between my postings...
Day 11 Sunday done - at home 16 tracks
Day 12 Monday done - at the gym in a proper class
Day 13 Tuesday done - at home 16 tracks
Day 14 Wednesday done - at home 16 tracks
Day 15 Thursday done - at home 16 tracks
Water drank each day...

Posted like that it all sounds so easy... I could have so easily not bothered with Wednesday as that was a tough day... I had a 2 hour driving lesson and got so panicked about it beforehand that I only had about 3 hours sleep... I felt quite ill all day and it was a real squeeze to get the morning walking and the driving lesson done... I was so tempted to give the zumba a miss and relax - but I surprised myself...

Thursday was another tough day for a different reason - the day was busy and we went to the gym for a pilates class... I hadnt got the zumba done before I went and I had to encourage myself to start zumba as soon as I was in from the gym as it would have been unfair on my husband to monopolise the livingroom with zumba too late in the day...

Tuesday was easier as I did the zumba before going out to my salsa class.

I plan on going to a zumba class tonight so hope today to be sorted if all goes to plan.

my car smog check finally over (i had to buy a new gas cap of all things...!), i started to walk down to the ocean, but i didn't get within a block when i saw nobody was wearing a face mask acting like it was just a normal day. the resistance is getting much worse... or maybe it was the time of day. i'm usually out and back in by 9am... today it was 11 before i even left.

on the way home a weird thought hit me ... the same people who do not believe masks help are probably the sort who buy lottery tickets... people who don't know the mathematics of probability and large numbers. so here they are hoping beyond all hope that they cash in on 1 in a million+ odds ... and yet, when they are out and about acting carefree in the midst of a pandemic, the odds of them picking up the virus are still low, but in fact are levels of magnitude greater than having a winning lottery ticket in their pocket.

anyway, i'll give myself a mile today... i'll make up the rest tomorrow and might throw in a set of the stairs*.

When I'm out walking I do my best to avoid people... If I go anywhere busy I wear a mask - but I just go into the road to stay well away when walking locally.

Day 17 Saturday was done at home with the normal 16 tracks
I had a couple of false starts at Day 18...

On Sunday I felt under the weather so gave myself a day off the zumba after only 4 tracks...
On Monday I did an entire hour long zumba class - but did not finish off my litre bottle of water... I left the bottle (containing about a cup full of water) in the bag containing my dance trainers and didn't give it another thought... Therefore I missed out on completing the full task...

I finally did my day 18 today Tuesday - doing 16 tracks at home and drinking 1 litre of water.

Day 19 completed on Wednesday by doing 16 tracks at home and drinking 1 litre water.

I haven't started any zumba today and will be leaving for pilates in about an hour. I'll see whether I get it done when I get home.

Day 20 was completed on Thursday by doing 16 tracks at home and drinking 1 litre of water.

I'm planning on going to a zumba class tonight so that part of it should be ok... I'm just hoping to remember the water...

I'll be glad to finish off this 21 day stint...

The daily zumba was to build up my fitness for classes to restart. I am considering doing something very different for my next set of 21 things to do...

Day 21 completed today Friday in a zumba class and I drank my litre of water while I was there.

I will be starting a new group of 21 things tomorrow...
I am not intending my exercise levels to decline - but will remove the restriction whereby at least an hour of my daily exercise will be zumba.
My daily stepcount has been generally between 18,000 and 19,000 steps.
I will endeavour to keep at a similar level unless I have done a class for a different kind of exercise. This removes the need to simulate a zumba class if I have for instance done a pilates class that same day. It also means that if I have done a lot of walking I may not do any zumba.

This will allow me to vary my exercise choices - while continuing to feel good about my efforts.

Day 1 (Saturday) done... Stepcount 19,643 - did extra walking than normal and slightly fewer zumba tracks. Everything balanced out.

Day 2 (Sunday) done in that I have done sufficient steps (edited to show end of day step count 20,119). I did my normal walking - and instead of zumba I used the stepper to add a new twist to my exercise.

Last edited:
Day 3 (Monday) done - normal walking and stepper giving a step count of 20,295. Normally I do a zumba class on Monday - but it wasn't on as the gym was closed due to it being a bank holiday.

Day 4 (Tuesday) done - normal walking and stepper giving a step count of 20,830.

Day 5 (Wednesday) done - normal walking and stepper giving a step count of 20,751

I'm pleased that I decided to switch things about a bit for this set of 21... I hadn't touched my stepper machine in ages because I've been focusing on my zumba... I'm "zumba-fit" now so have more choice... :)

Day 7(Friday) done - normal walking and zumba class at the gym - step count 20,651
Day 8(Saturday) done - extra walking plus stepper - step count 20,933
Day 9(Sunday) done - normal walking plus stepper - step count 20,415
Day 10(Monday) done - normal walking plus a zumba class at the gym - step count 19,691
Day 11(Tuesday) done - normal walking plus stepper plus gym including rowing machine, bike, elliptical, treadmill - step count 20,602
Day 12(Wednesday) done - normal walking plus stepper - step count 20,550

I dug out the pedals we bought in early March when we heard that our friend in Madrid had been put into total lockdown where no-one was allowed out for any form of exercise... They were cheap - but it is something to ring the changes...

Day 13(Thursday) done - normal walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 21,219
Day 14(Friday) done - normal walking plus zumba class at the gym - step count 19,858
Day 15(Saturday) done - lots of walking plus a little amount of stepper and pedals - step count 21,375

Day 16(Sunday) done - walking - step count 18,675
Day 17(Monday) done - walking plus zumba class at the gym - step count 19,603

Day 18(Tuesday) done - normal walking, stepper and salsa - step count 22,100
Day 19(Wednesday) done - normal walking, stepper and pedals - step count 20,551
Day 20(Thursday) done - extra walking - went to Floors Castle - step count 21,072
Day 21(Friday) done - normal walking and zumba class at the gym - step count 20,992

If its not broken no need to fix it - more of the same...

Day 1(Saturday) done - normal walking, stepper and pedals - step count 20,533
Day 2(Sunday) done - normal walking, stepper and pedals - step count 20,671

Day 3 (Monday 21/09/2020) done - walking plus zumba class at gym - step count 23,000+ steps
Day 4 (Tuesday 22/09/2020 done - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 21,873 steps
Day 5 (Wednesday 23/09/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 20,781 steps
Day 6 (Thursday 24/09/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 21,173 steps
Day 7 (Friday 25/09/2020) - walking plus zumba class at gym - step count 22,928 steps
Day 8 (Saturday 26/09/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 20,787 steps
Day 9 (Sunday 27/09/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 21,274 steps
Day 10 (Monday 28/09/2020) - walking plus zumba class at gym - step count 19,227 steps
Day 11 (Tuesday 29/09/2020) - walking plus salsa class - step count 18,994 steps
Day 12 (Wednesday 30/09/2020) - walking - step count 14,728 steps FAIL - did not get to my target
Day 12 (Thursday 01/10/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 20,805 steps
Day 13 (Friday 02/10/2020) - walking plus zumba class at gym - step count 22,313 steps
Day 14 (Saturday 03/10/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 20,993 steps
Day 15 (Sunday 04/10/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 20,906 steps
Day 16 (Monday 05/10/2020) - walking plus zumba class at gym - step count 19,802 steps
Day 17 (Tuesday 06/10/2020) - walking plus salsa class - step count 19,731 steps
Day 18 (Wednesday 07/10/2020) - walking plus zumba class at church hall - step count 19,808 steps
Day 19 (Thursday 08/10/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 20,789 steps

Day 20 (Friday 09/10/2020) - walking plus zumba class at gym - step count 20,856 steps
Day 21 (Saturday 10/10/2020) - walking plus stepper and pedals - step count 20,735 steps

In all honesty - if I rolled over the same challenge criteria for another batch I would have completed a day 1 ok yesterday (Sunday) with 20,490 steps.

At the minute the rules are all changing here in Newcastle. We are expecting an announcement later today telling us what we will not be able to do next. I'm expecting the gym to close this week.

I'll have a think about the situation when I know what the rules are... I may think of something that will help me more.

I'm starting a new 21 days...

I have a new exercise bike so I'm going to try to notch up 4 miles a day of exercise on it (in addition to my morning walks).

Day 1 (Friday) - done.

I'm covered in sweat having done 4.4 miles on level 9 on my Nautilus exercise bike.
To be fair - I didn't realise it was level 9 as the same number of lights lit up as happens when I'm doing level 7 - but the stats at the end told me why it was so tough...

Back