The 180's CLUB

It's a long, slow slog through the empty corridors of the 180s Club! Or are they empty? There's got to be other people lurking in these halls, surely! ;)

As for me, I'm not quite a third of the way through.

i've been hanging out in the low 170's recently, but since i saw this topic pop up, i thought i'd go back to check and see how i made it through the 180 stretch. my first indication of 189.0 appeared on 11/22/2018 and i saw the 190's for the last time about 2 weeks later on 12/4.

i blew into the 170's on 12/23 with a 178.5, but a big caveat here... this was the end of a 3-day fast i was trying for the first time. i did bounce back into the 180's occasionally for about 3 weeks recording 181.5 on 1/17/2019 as the last time i saw a 180+ reading.

the 180s for me equates to a BMI range of 25.2 to 26.5, just over the healthy/ overweight border. i'm currently hanging out in the BMI = ~24.0 neighborhood. wouldn't mind dropping a few more lbs, but fairly satisfied with where i am now and have found a good maintenance schedule i'm finding easy to stick to.

Two weeks to zoom through the 180s! :auto: No wonder you're called overlandflyer! (I'm following much more slowly, at about three pounds a fortnight.)

during this time i was recording 3 weigh-ins/ day so your perception is one way of looking at it, but my estimate was that it was more like 4-6 weeks. i do note highs and lows, but when you weigh yourself as much as i did you can easily see long term trends. for the first 40 lbs i lost i averaged 2-2.5 lbs/week. the low 180s is where i started to slow down. now in the 170's i still can see a general downward trend, but it is now VERY slow.

And somewhat to me surprise, I find that I'm now halfway through the spacious premises of the 180s Club! I'm travelling very slowly, but I am travelling, and hope to shuffle on through the 180s and into the 170s - maybe by the end of July? I'd try for sooner, but I've got lots of family things coming up, and those can be deadly for keeping on track.

Putting out a call - is there anyone else loitering in the 180s club, with ambition to get through through the door into the happy halls of the 170s?

Any ladies out there who might be eligible for this club?
(Goes without saying that most members are interested in heading out the door into the 170s Club, and beyond!)

... into the 170s - maybe by the end of July?
Well, the end of July has gone, and here I still am in the 180s Club - the family obligations did, as predicted, turn out to be deadly for dieting - lunch with one set of family members, then dinner with another set, then lunch the next day, and so on.
:(
I need to learn better skills - in particular, how to order something suitable when lunching out, even this there's nothing suitable on the menu - not at a restaurant, but at an ordinary middle-range hotel lunch.

I see I said last time I posted here that I need to learn better restaurant-ordering skills. Well, I need them again - restaurant tonight, a work contact, specially taking me to a vegetarian place. It's very kind, and non-declinable, but I'm apprehensive. Plus it'll be well after my usual six o'clock end-of-eating time. :(

I'd been getting very close to being out of this club, too - two and a half pounds away, as of this morning.

Yeah, well... as expected, the unavoidable restaurant meal (three courses! and we didn't finish till 9:30!) jumped me up a bit, but if I stay calm another couple of days should see me down again.

Bother! I've just realised that was a miscalculation - I'm three pounds away from the exit door of this club. (But only one pound away from being under thirteen stone, which will also be pleasant.)

Took a bit longer than I thought, but yes, I can now declare that Amy has left the building - or the 180s Clubrooms, anyway. It was very quiet in here, and I strongly suspect that it will be quiet in the next-door club too, but that's where I'm going, quiet or not.
:waving:

Looks like I need to take my goals seriously if I want to leave the 170s club before you enter it!

Back