🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

push-ups done, even managed a few regular push-ups and shared the video, Facebook wants to loop it but considering how much I dislike videoing myself it isn't tooooo bad but I need a haircut lol

175 push-ups complete !

Just waiting for the rotisserie lamb to finish in the air fryer for lunch.

I have been persistent with the stretch to open up the area of my shoulder which is impinged, today I can notice I have improved ROM :hurray: injection for the bursa is on Friday.

Yay for improved range of motion! Fingers crossed the pushup challange won't further aggravate it: doing it one-armed is insanely impressive :eek:

feeling stiff and a little sore but still hitting the targets, 160 yesterday, working on the 130 for today

Little miss is happy with herself, bringing home the high jump and discus first place ribbons from school sports carnival. Monday I will get to watch her in the running events, long jump, shot put and javelin. she is looking forward to he big brother D cheering her on.

Still on track for push-ups, I get my shoulder injection tomorrow but I have made good progress on the impingement. Just the bursitis and tears that need to heal. not much can be done about the calcification.

Had the injection today, I am in extreme pain. D offered to do my push-ups today for me in addition to his own, gratefully accepted the offer. Dr orders to take it easy while waiting for the cortisone to take effect hopefully tomorrow. My head still feels a bit fuzzy which is not helped by the oxycodone I have taken to try and get some sleep tonight.

yesterday I ended up substituting squat for push-ups which is within the rules of the challenge. Shoulder has not settled down, I have never had extra pain from an injection like this in the past.

Had some more marks for assessments dribble in, 100% on the muscle table assessment (we were given exercises and had to list all the muscles and their actions involved with the primary joint movements)

Still waiting for my practical mark, hopefully before end of semester exams although I am certain now that I have already passed both subjects and if mark go as expected I should be sitting on about 60% for functional anatomy before the final exam.

Ouch on the shoulder not calming down. Having the option to do squats instead of pushups some days makes the challenge sound so much more doable (and less unhealthy) though!

unlike a lot of challenges it has scheduled rest days and the charity running the challenge is working with ESSA to make it viable for most people to do including having alternative exercises.

It has been a rest day today, shoulder was still bad this morning but is beginning to improve tonight.

He’s gorgeous Tru! 🐶💙

Back