🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Not driving when you aren't fully functional is sensible, even if it's very inconvenient. Hope the stretching gives you some relief, at least.

Nothing much stops you, Tru! I hope the foam roller helps a bit.

the roller is just used to position my body the right way for the stretch which did not help much, I am in too much pain for the stretch to be effective and it is one that I throw into my training periodically anyway in an attempt to keep my shoulders healthy. Unfortunately my shoulders are probably close to the point of no return.

It took ages to get little miss ready for school this morning, they have a free dress day and the drama of choosing just the right outfit was doing my head in. How do American parents deal with no uniforms every school day arrrrgh.

Tomorrow is show holiday, we are not going to the show but if my shoulder is up to it I might take her down to the bay to feed the dolphins in the morning.

struggling to kill a headache this arvo, part of it is probably due to the shoulder where I am compensating to avoid the shoulder pain, putting extra pressure on other muscles and that flowing through.

Coaching this arvo, good thing I have all the safeties on my equipment and have arranged for a spotter to help during the session so I don't injure myself further by catching a wayward barbel.

I also need to replace some of my exercise bands, part of maintenance of equipment is checking the bands and I have a couple showing wear and deterioration so can no longer be used.

I'm sure if your Little Miss had never had a school uniform she wouldn't think about what to wear to school any more than about what to wear after. I know I didn't :)

Had to look up what holiday tomorrow would be: is it like a fair? I come from a farming area and visited ALL the country fairs with my dad as a kid and I just realized: tractor pulling was big and there was always a field full of antique farming equipment - including some draft horses for demonstrations - but none of the animal parts a traditional fair would've been built around. I always thought that was an American thing but that doesn't really make sense.

yes it is like a fair. A country show has all the ring events like show jumping, woodchopping cattle judging antique machinery etc including a rodeo on the 3rd and final evening. There is always a section with vendors selling farm machinery, pavilions for other animal related judging, as a kid my parents would sponsor the goats and If I was not careful to avoid the area I would get dragged in to present the prizes for best goat. Other pavilions hold the judging for produce, cooking art craft etc. and of course then there is side show alley with the rides and games.

In Australia the events with just the farm equipment is called a field day or Agricultural field day, no rides, no ring events with animals, just machinery, half my childhood weekends were spend being dragged around all the field days around south and south west NSW. loading and unloading tractors and other machinery, driving machinery in demonstrations and selling, I was thrown in the deep end of retail from an early age.

Show holiday is on different days depending on which region you are in and is timed so everybody can go to the local show.

I have been working on the Subcoracoid decompression stretch each evening, not noticing any difference, pain is bad cannot wait till Monday for the scans.

I have been a bit meh about recording more exercise videos, but have just come up with the idea to possible record a selection of exercise band stuff, especially some of the less common movements because I am aware that despite the suggestion that you can do a lot with band most people are a bit lost when it comes to doing a full band workout.

I love bands for shoulders/arms/(upper) back (and indirectly neck). Most people seem to have some bands lying around somewhere and have no clue how to use them.

It sounds like shows are still big in Q'Land, Tru. I used to love going to the show as a kid. They are dying off here.

It sounds like shows are still big in Q'Land, Tru. I used to love going to the show as a kid. They are dying off here.

Ended up not taking little miss, the cost was far more than what she would have gotten out of it. D went yesterday but he had a pass courtesy of the gym because he was doing a martial arts demo on stage for them.

Next year I think she will appreciate it more and the last thing I wanted to do was walk around the show in pain while keeping a 5 year old from getting into trouble.

Just finished making another batch of pumpkin soup while the pork is on the rotisserie in the air fryer. no pumpkin painted kitchen this time. Added leek to the ingredients and increased the amount of chilli. Ended up putting 5 containers in the freezer and I have enough ingredients to make another batch in a few day when I may have the freezer space without having to put it in the big freezer in the shed.

Two big whole pumpkins and 2 leeks cost me under $14 plus two cans of 100% coconut cream so when I finish with the second batch that should be about 10 meals in total so $2 per meal makes it great value and easy to heat when not feeling like cooking.

As a bonus leeks are good for iron which I tend to be a little low on.

Hubby wants me to make creamy potato and leek soup

You’re being very productive Tru. Soup can be such an economical meal. I love it.

With inflation the way it is at the moment anything that is a little more economical is a good thing. If we can save money by doing some extra food prep it means we can spend the savings on meat which has skyrocketed in price.

without the meal prep the cost of stuff without wheat in it makes shopping very expensive.

Leek is amazing and so is soup. Leek soup is the best. I brought a bean-based leek quiche to the picnic today - which would've been wheat-free if the store had had decent potatoes but as it is it had a puff pastry shell.

today I need to find the right place to plant the new blackberry bush we got yesterday from the local tropical nursery up the road from us.

This species does which is great, I loved going to pick blackberries on the banks of the river when I lived down south, but the trick was to get to them before the council sprayed poison on them because they are a noxious weed. This variety is a vine rather than a bush and it does not have any large spikes but does have some very fine prickles and more importantly legal to grow here.

pissed off at the moment, scans postponed till tomorrow, I understand why (radiographer is sick) but I still feel shittty about it, I just want to know more about what is happening in the shoulder.

Son is feeling sick so also postponing the videoing of band exercises, I have a book of over 100 band exercises I want to convert to video.

That’s a bugger, Tru. Hope it happens tomorrow!

Back