🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

I will do the final quiz for the week shortly, I hope the internet stays good this time. Today I also need to arrange flights and accommodation for Karate World Titles in October with the team to watch D compete and hopefully win a title or 2.

Where are the titles being held, Tru? I looked it up but there are a few different ones. I hope D wins a title or 2. He seems very dedicated to the sport.

1682641317068.png

There are a few areas he is good at, he is very precise with his katas also not listed here but he usually does exceptionally well in the high kick competition, but I am unsure at this stage exactly which events he will be competing in, unlikely to be any of the weapons. I am not sure he will take the injury risk of clash sparing because it is full force contact and he will have work when he gets home after the event.

flights booked, all assessments completed for the week, coaching in the morning then a chance to chill this weekend.

I need to recommit to tracking my exercise and food next month I have become slack and I need to be back on top of my fitness levels for the upcoming push up challenge and for next semester because I think motor control will involve doing a lot of sports movements and analysing the video footage and I hate how I look on video.

I remember doing gait analysis back in the day and hating every second - and that's a movement I'm used to and do well! I'm convinced any time someone tries to record me, whether audio or video, a demon jumps in to take my place and give off the worst possible expression.

Coaching went well this morning, muscles are feeling pretty good considering what I put them through during the week, little miss is in town with D at the park. Next Saturday will be busy, I have been booked by the AFL club to be the on field trainer (Sports Medicine) most of the day (3 games), I still don't understand the sport but strapping (taping) all the usual joints and contact sport injuries are much the same whatever sideline I am on.

been a long week, son is swapping some of our mead for a treadmill to go in the gym (life choice ?). Also will be getting a full box of free passionfruit from the local farm so will be making a big batch in the 30+ litre demijohn rather than the little batches. blemishes on the skin of the fruit is no good for sale to fruit shops and supermarkets but nothing wrong with the pulp inside. I wonder how good passionfruit skin is for going into compost ? It will take ages to cut and scoop out each one lol

I love passionfruit, but they are usually $1.50 each here when we can get them. Passionfruit skin is ok in the compost but only cut up into strips.

we are surrounded by farms of all types so getting seasonal fruit is not expensive like it can be outside of the growing area or supermarket. the local berry farms are currently ramping up for the season so they will be be options in a few weeks. I have started seeing blackberry seedlings for sale and might get some to grow because I love blackberries.

Fun in the gym with little miss

made it through the lecture on knee function this morning after yelling for my son to bring caffeine mid way through the 2 hour lecture. I would love a copy of the lecturer's T-Shirt "Sarcastic comment loading, please wait"

I think I have a broody chook in my greenhouse, all fluffed up and giving everybody the evil eye when you get close lol, I think it was the same dumb chook which tried to fly through the kitchen window last night when all chooks should have been asleep lol

Will hit the gym this arvo to pump out some push-ups while little miss has fun.

facet angles done me in a bit on the spine and hip theory quiz but was still a solid pass, aced the practical quiz

coaching this afternoon, then hopefully get another video recorded, Clamshell with correct form not social media influencer form

One of my favorite exercises for hip and lower back patients and one of those that look super simple but for a lot of people aren't.

Back