🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

One of my favorite exercises for hip and lower back patients and one of those that look super simple but for a lot of people aren't.
true, but the way some fitness influencer mangle it is horrifying.

My son and a friends son participated in recording this afternoon. my hypermobile son was a little surprised as to which point compensations began to show and needed correcting to work in his range but did not feel the glute medius working till the band was added. friends son had less range and felt the muscle working at about rep 4

Looks like we will be getting a puppy in the near future, a work colleague of my husband has a dog which has just had a litter of 12 pups. it will be an Australian staghound/dingo/Australian shepherd cross, parents are pig dogs for bringing down razorbacks. With rural theft increasing it is time to get another dog, little miss will be soooo happy when she finds out.

Sounds terrifying to me but I grew up with a lot of unsafe dogs in the neighborhood (which was in no way the dogs' fault, of course) and I fully trust you to know what you're doing and end up with a wonderful and well-trained dog.

From what I have been reading, staghounds don't make good guard dogs because they like people too much but are great for dealing with feral pests like foxes, wild pigs and wild dog/dingo packs. Appearance wise when these pups grow up they should make people pause for thought before approaching despite being good natured. Our last dog was a wolfhound X ridgeback (also a pig dog) and she was the friendliest mutt you could meet.

This week there has been a problem pack of wild dogs and dingos causing trouble, it is a big pack that has killed livestock around the area and killed a few farm dogs (herding dogs not pig dogs). They tried for our birds the other night. Professional hunters have been hired by a neighbour, they got one of the Dingos Thursday night on the fence-line next to our dams, apparently looked like one of the Fraser Island dingos. When they have Dingos attack people on the Island they catch them and release them in the state forest near our place. I saw one of the pack near the house last night but it ran off when I shone the torch at it, it was only a few meters from the car. They need to be dealt with before the attacks get worse.

cooking nightmare in the kitchen this arvo

got a whole pumpkin cut and on the stove then discovered the sour cream for the soup had not been put away in the fridge after shopping last night. After a suggestion from a friend cooking proceeded with using coconut cream. started blending cooked ingredients to make it all nice and creamy smooth, first batch in the blender went ok, as did the second, third not so much, where the blades screw into the bottom of the blender came undone as I lifted the jug up from the base, hot pumpkin soup went everywhere. got it all cleaned up eventually, finished blending the rest. tasted great, put a few serves in the freezer for quick meals later and had the rest as a late afternoon meal.

Hubby as away all weekend and my patience is a little lacking, little miss needs to just chill for a little bit lol.

I dropped some beetroot once as I was putting it into the fridge. What a nightmare. I hope you have a chilled Mothers Day, Tru xo

I have been putting it off but the pain in my shoulder is now excruciating, I have a good idea of what is wrong and I know I will need scans and possibly x-ray It is not good waking in the middle of the night from pain and being afraid to move knowing it will hurt more.

I will phone the GP office on Monday but it could be 2 weeks or more before I get an appointment time.

last time I had scans on this shoulder it was assuming it was my good shoulder comparing to my bad shoulder, they found a lot of calcification (like almost all of my joints) but at the time it was not causing problems. now I have sharp eye watering pain at the coracoid process, pain at the AC joint and radiating pain. I certainly have impingement happening.

On my Drs phone call list for today, otherwise it would have been a 2 week wait for a face to face. Still in lots of pain which made it hard to concentrate on an 8am lecture on foot function.

have an e-script for strong pain relief to pick up when hubby gets home, probably not safe to drive when I cant move my shoulder without excruciating pain, x-ray and scans booked for Monday then face to face followup with GP at end of next week,

I should have known better, I have been feeling the shoulder getting worse over the last few weeks, last week I sort of said to myself that I need an appointment, but this weekend left me with no choice.

At least with the phone consult I have the ability to answer movement and pain location questions accurately

managed to drive little miss to school this morning and then into the chemist for my pain med script. driving was painful but I could mostly keep the arm tucked to my side except for gear changes.

I am anxious to have the scans completed to confirm if it is sub-coracoid impingement or if it is something else. but considering how much calcification was in there last time I am quite sure it has become worse as it has in other areas and is the underlying cause.

Took pain relief 30 minutes ago but still no relief, hopefully I don't get too wiped out mentally as I have to spend time studying knee and foot function for the assessment next week. I am content with my goniometer skills for the practical assessment in week 13. I don't need to worry to much about my other subject having already passed with 1 assessment quiz and final exam still to go.

Decision has been made, I am in no fit shape to drive to class at uni tomorrow. while I can drive, I would not have enough arm movement in the case of encountering an idiot and needing to take evasive action and given that it is an hour and a half of highway driving the risk it too high.

Brain is fuzzy but while hubby and son are out of the house this evening (Karate training for son, fire ground tactical driving course for hubby) I will set up the foam roller to do a stretch which opens up the shoulder and was given to me by my physio when my other shoulder was frozen, it won't do any harm but if it can give me some relief then that is a bonus. then I will setup to do some step ups, not a lot else I can do inside of an evening without jarring the shoulder. I need to look at seeing if I can attach the handle of the rower to a belt or even my sled harness so I can row without shoulder engagement.

Back