🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Scans done, shoulder very sore. Not happy at all with student radiographer assisting with x-ray, without saying anything she grabbed my shoulder in a pincer grip and tried to force it into position. Felt like decking her. Ultrasound went much more smoothly obviously she could not say anything about what she saw but did comment It would be better of with an MRI.

Looked at my images a few obvious things of concern including the tears in the supraspinatus and chunks of calcification all measured and ready for the report to go to GP. GP appointment Thursday where I will find out more detail and my GP will pass on the full radiology report and not just the images with measurements and labels. Also looked like some spurs in the x-ray but again waiting for full report.

In any field there is a big emphasis on asking permission, if I fail to ask permission to touch a person I am doing an assessment on and fail to explain what I am about to do I will fail the uni task, I would never dream of just grabbing an injury with no warning and no explanation and I would be horrified if I caused extra unnecessary pain.

I don't know what they teach at the university of NSW but this student did not learn about asking permission.

even after the pain killer tonight the pain has not settled back down and I have to drive to uni tomorrow as I need to practice with my group for the end of semester practical.

In any field there is a big emphasis on asking permission, if I fail to ask permission to touch a person I am doing an assessment on and fail to explain what I am about to do I will fail the uni task, I would never dream of just grabbing an injury with no warning and no explanation and I would be horrified if I caused extra unnecessary pain.
Couldn't agree more. I hope they learned (some people don't, regardless of the lengths their instructors go to or what their patients/clients say) but even if they did it shouldn't have been at your expense.

made it to uni and back but shoulder is stupid sore even with the meds.

Just recorded a bunch of band exercises for delts, rotator cuff, wrists and will post them up to social media 1 per day until I need to record more. It is good I have D as a model so as to avoid exacerbating my shoulder due to the temptation to use it.

Wrist curls and extensions are pretty common but I am not sure I have seen much in the way of pronation and supination recorded. but the exercise is one I need to include in a program i am writing for hubby to improve his power for squash.

had my GP appointment

He had not received the x-ray or scan reports, he called radiology to get a verbal report which seemed to take forever, lots going on. coraco-glenoid space has significantly narrowed supporting Subcoracoid impingement, spurs, degeneration etc. Ultrasound, had large partial thickness tear of supraspinatus, bursitis, calcification etc.

I will get a copy of the full report when the radiology office gets around to posting it to my record to go with the actual images.

Prescribed more pain meds, pain patches and injection

I think I can say the shoulder is looking pretty fucked, thinking back I think this flare up is related to the max velocity throwing in the biomechanics lab a few weeks ago.

Apparently the high school where hubby works played Nutbush over the speaker system at home time today. RIP Tina she was a legend !

Apparently the high school where hubby works played Nutbush over the speaker system at home time today. RIP Tina she was a legend !
The ABC in Hobart were trying to set up a Nutbush flash mob at 4.30. G & I saw her twice way back in the 70s. We went once & it was so good that we turned around & bought tickets for the next show. She was an absolute legend!

Yesterday spent time running laps of the playground with little miss on my back yelling giddyup horsie. Got a few dirty looks from other parents when their kids wanted them to to give horsie rides as well. one other kid managed to get her mum to giver her a horsie ride, straight back to the car lol

Helped son D to get his 20 litre batch of mead into started.

I'm sure there would have been a bit of envy from the littlies. Did it not hurt your back, Tru?

I'm sure there would have been a bit of envy from the littlies. Did it not hurt your back, Tru?
no it didn't hurt my back, my back is in great shape. in various scans over time the only issue is a little bit of calcification in the cervical region, otherwise the last x-ray/scans of spine a bit over a year ago vertebrae look good, no discernible disc deterioration or compression, no lesions etc. basically my back does not look like the back of somebody over 50. Wish it was the same for all the other areas that I have injured over time.

Good lifting form pays off, I have never had lower back pain.

Started hubby on some resistance band exercises to help his squash, core rotation and anti rotation, shoulder and wrist strength and stability. If he can improve the transfer of power from his legs into his strokes better he should be able to improve and compensate for not being able to move around the court as well due to his leg.

He is looking forward to getting started in the clinical trial his surgeon referred him to at the uni for the revitive foot pad.

no uni lectures today, just study for the remaining assessments.

Landline phone is not working, D had to drive into town to get mobile reception to report the fault so I don't know how long we will be without phone service.

going to see how I go on the rower today, if I can lock my shoulders and place additional focus on leg drive I may be able to get some cardio in even if it is slow.

house smells like passionfruit mead with the 20 litre batch fermenting nicely.

Had my practical exam today for measuring joint angles for ROM. Nailed it. the Physiotherapist marking commented that he could not say much but our group was in the HD mark range. which means our measurements were very close to what the physio team measured prior to the start of the exam.

couple my quizzes and final written exams to go for this semester. Timetable sorted for next semester, Nutrition for health, fitness and sport performance. Second subject is motor control and learning (not looking forward to the assessment for this one, a scientific convention presentation) . I can see the end in sight for the degree, I think I have all my pre recs done for upcoming subjects, so need to go through and check what documents I still need to submit before placement, very much aiming for placement with the Dolphins NRL team.

Next year I will have more coaching subjects specifically coaching for elite performance. along with the advanced biomechanics and advanced exercise physiology subjects.

Push-up challenge starts tomorrow https://www.thepushupchallenge.com.au/fundraisers/bronwynevans/the-push-up-challenge with my bad shoulder it looks like I will be powering through the 3000+ push-ups as single arm push-ups

100 single arm push-ups completed for the first day of the push-up challenge, I will try to get some video tomorrow.

D just got home from martial arts, and is also now doing the push-up challenge as all senior club members are expected to participate.

all of this benefits lifeline.

I will be ordering this years T-shirt on the weekend.

just finished my morning coaching session. Working on teaching resistance band exercises for clients 6 week holiday coming up.

20 single arm push-ups this morning 110 to go

Son D had 70 to go before leaving for work this morning.

Lifeline is such an important service when it comes to mental health and very much worth supporting. With this years challenge we could choose between supporting lifeline or the Movember charity we both chose lifeline.

Back