🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Hopefully using D to model exercises will help overcome that drawback of having an old beat up less than perfect appearing body in the same way most top sport specific coaches do not look like sportspeople.
He certainly sounds like the perfect calling card.

felt like a complete idiot earlier talking to a camera for a Facebook post. I know it is something I need to get more comfortable with but I don't like it. My very introvert self hates it.

Mics are awful and cameras are even worse. Two years of Zoom with my family have taken the edge off a little but anything where I have to hear/watch myself back is still a horror. Kudos to you for braving that.

My lats are screaming at me right now hit them hard using the suspension trainer (TRX) yesterday.

Push ups finished a couple of days ago.

Just waiting for final semester 1 marks to be released and semester 2 to start. My exercise physiology text book should arrive tomorrow or Monday. Also fine tuning Ds training program. QLD is running talent ID camps around the regional areas of the state to recruit young talent for a selection of Olympic sports. D is just young enough to be eligible to be tested which will happen next month, if he meets the physical ideal requirements for a specific sport he has a chance to be recruited by the QIS to be trained in preparation for the Brisbane Olympics.

official final results released for last semester on my transcript now - HD for both subjects.

HD is high distinction.

have recorded some video today, uploading to computer while I type lol. after checking and editing if need I will upload. one thing is certain I need a better system than recording on my phone. My good camera is great for stills but not video. I may have to invest in a go pro or something.

:svengo: Some quads your kid has there!
yep, when he is dressed normally you would not think much of his build but people are amazed with the legs when he wears shorts lol. A good example of training for strength rather than size, he needs to keep a good power to weight ratio for the karate, especially for the high kick competition he would like to win the world title for.

next week I have to video a 20-30 second sparring video for him that has been requested by the Olympic talent ID scheme.

Also: I made it home by now so had a chance to look at the video: he makes it looks a lot easier than it is for me :D

yes, there is a good reason for him doing the exercises, everybody else in the house laughs at me lol, my arthritis and old injuries mean that while I can demonstrate the basic positions, exercises requiring good stability and mobility make me look stupid when videoed. A lifetime of sport often pushed to the limits with coaches who understood how to get peak performance and skill from an athlete but no idea how to keep that athletes body functioning correctly in the long term has left my quite broken in some areas. I can keep the worst of the long term effects at bay by doing the right things now but old injuries combined with the effects of getting older server as an example of why the light weight maintenance exercises need to be done to prevent those injuries as much as possible.

Watching elite sport of all types is a popular pastime for many, but the after effects of a sports career on the body are almost never seen by the viewing public.

Having his own personal coach who knows what he needs to do to mitigate future pain would be such a bonus :)

Back