🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

Today was day one of the annual push-up challenge raising money for mental health, only 74 on day one so slow easy start.

Alcohol talk

mead update, sons boss is planning names and serving options for the 2 different meads so far, 150 ml in a wine glass of the mead works out to be 1 "Standard Drink". I was not keen on the taste of the drier mead but it went down well with his boss.

Got my Uni timetable sorted for next semester, not quite the timetable I wanted, but close. Looking forward to digging into the exercise physiology.

150 ml in a wine glass of the mead works out to be 1 "Standard Drink". I was not keen on the taste of the drier mead but it went down well with his boss.
Making the boss happy sounds like a good start! 150 ml is basically a normal small glass of wine as well, right?

yes, according to what I looked at it is a normal restaurant wine glass serving, white wine is 1.4 "standard drinks" in the same size.

Sons boss wanted to know what a standard serving size was. I looked up the formula to calculate it. It is all to do with responsible drinking so people know how much they are drinking.

100 push-ups done, 30 to go for the day.

Still need to write an essay conclusion but I am seriously over writing about behavioural change models as they relate to stress reduction using exercise.

Excellent! Don't forget to reduce stress in the meantime, through exercise or otherwise. In Austria a small glass of wine is 1/8 of a liter (or even 1/16 for some dessert wines) so closer to a standard measure but still not quite there. And most people just don't care, either. When you live in a wine area you just have to accept that older people drink 2 l of red wine a day and not much else. But still want balance exercises because they fall down so much.

ack, nope

As for Stress, I am going to fully relax and destress tomorrow. Little miss wants to join in with our AD&D games so I might sit and plan out some sort or interactive story for her where she can use her new set of dice. She has an amazing imagination and we want to encourage it. All of my game models are no longer mine they are her tiny dolls to make stories with lol

I love that little miss has such a vivid imagination. I'm sure you'll come up with something so that she feels like she's participating.

That does look yummy, Tru. Your other videos come up via this link, including ones of little miss.

That does look yummy, Tru. Your other videos come up via this link, including ones of little miss.

You can see her videos because you are a friend, so those who are not will only see this one because I set it as public

I don't know what the cap is called in English but I could watch them for ages as a kid. Such a simple principle but downright hypnotizing.

Little miss has decided she does not like swans now. A swan bit her at the park today while trying to feed the ducks. Pushups on target.

I don't like things that bite me either 🤷‍♀️ Hope it was just a nip and she didn't get hurt.
Your pushup skills are insane.

Did not break the skin but enough to make her say ouch. Swans have sharp serrations like teeth along the edges of their bill. When there was a half dozen swans vying for the duck food with more approaching it was time to move on, no more duck feeding.

Swans are terrifying. Better the beak than the wings.

Back