🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

tomorrow is a big day for the push ups with 220 being the target for the day.

Sorted out some of my gym equipment this arvo, a heavy workout right there lol

220 pushups?! That's so many! Best of luck.

I am sweating like crazy, it is 10 degrees outside, completed push-ups and an hour of doing some driveway repair (shoveling rocks and roadbase into the wheelbarrow, moving it to where needed then spreading it out) I normally only do about 30 minutes each morning, there is a lot of repairs needed and it would cost many thousands to get somebody with machines to come and do it so a little bit each day will get it done eventually. The quote for the lower driveway which we share with a neighbour was $7000 so it has had rough repairs by hand.

sore throat today, completed push-ups and spent time working on an info sheet for a local health and fitness group I have taken over running on Facebook. it is watermarked with my powerlifting page but is generally relevant to everybody. along with an interesting infographic regarding research.

Attachments

• resistance training is medicine.png
    resistance training is medicine.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 2
  • when science reporting goes wrong.jpg
    when science reporting goes wrong.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1
not well enough for push-ups today, will catch up missed push-ups on Sunday which is marked as a rest day.

The flu is going around town at the moment and we have a few friend who had it bad, so probably that, I have not tested for covid because they said I could test positive for many weeks after getting over it not that long ago but not have an active infection. throat was bad yesterday not so much today but it is sitting heavy on my chest and a mild fever. Keeping away from everybody yesterday and today, hopefully I will be ok to watch little miss do her first martial arts grading tomorrow night, if not D will just have to take lots of photos.

I added a new exercise to my routine today and I expect my smaller muscles used to maintain hip stability may be a touch sore tomorrow.

The exercise is done in a single leg RDL position with the back foot lightly resting on a bench or for me a box because I am short lol. you start by simply passing a kettlebell from side to side and as you get better you make the swing more aggressive.

I need serious work on my single leg stability and found it very challenging. I have also seen it suggested that this may also be good for shoulder mobility but even with my restricted shoulders had no problems with that aspect.

This coach is in an FMS coaching group I am part of, he calls it a "L hold KB Lateral swings" not sure that is the best name for it.

Next week D has agreed to allow me to film him doing the exercise so I can start building up a library of exercise demos to use and he likes showing off his muscle lol.

I also have 18 months of coaching time to prep D for the world Karate championships, his karate coach thinks he is in with a good chance of winning the highest kick competition among some other events, so while J works on his skills I need to work on his jumping ability. There are quite a few current and past world champions in the karate club.

That is a really interesting exercise. D must be super fit as well. That will be fun & a challenge getting up to the level required at the world karate championships.

He is super fit, he is almost ready to grade for his shodan (1st black belt). His progress through belts is extra slow, he is a perfectionist and refuses to grade until he can also achieve the excellence awards for the new grade (Strength, Spirit, Technique) for him it is all about getting it perfect, not just trying to glide through for the sake of a new belt which ultimately means nothing. As a Brown he is far more skilled than many black belts.

Part of the grading is a 10 km run up a mountain before he returns to the dojo for 200 pushups, 200 situps, 200 squat mi gari (Squat and front kick), several kata, including his own unique kata, a weapon kata, then he has to fight each black belt in the club for 3 minutes. The other black belt gradings I have watched at the club, the new black belt was dead on their feet at the end, the grading seriously takes them to their limits of endurance and willpower (spirit) to keep going with those watching cheering them on to simply stay on their feet.

Push-ups for today - completed
Driveway repairs for the day - Completed
Training in the gym - yet to be done
bottle mead - done
2 days and 305 Push-ups to go for the challenge. Hips feel fine after yesterday. Need to write a now fitness article for my blog and Facebook page/group.

I hate self promotion but it needs to be done to improve my income :( trying to write stuff to build up articles demonstrating that I know what I am doing rather than blatant buy my services type ads, I don't have the looks for that type of coaching advert. Those who do well in this industry are those with a great looking body even if they don't have the knowledge to go with it. Hopefully using D to model exercises will help overcome that drawback of having an old beat up less than perfect appearing body in the same way most top sport specific coaches do not look like sportspeople.

Back