Omega's new journey - time to do it again...

Yup, shoulders are fickle. And radiotherapy tends to make the surrounding connective tissue stiffer anyway so mobility is extra important.

Wednesday was another day with no exercise (apart from arm exercises) - but tried again to eat reasonably sensibly...

Got a reduction on the scales today (Thursday) 14st 11 :hurray:

Do you have any of the rapid antigen test kits at home, M or do you have to go have a PCR test to check for covid? I'm sorry you're so unwell. Good for you having a drop on the scales.

Do you have any of the rapid antigen test kits at home, M or do you have to go have a PCR test to check for covid?

I have lateral flow tests ("Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Andigen Rapid Test") at home.

It confirmed that it is not covid.

It all confirms what we have been hearing about the big problem in this country is flu not covid this winter... I know that my cousin's granddaughter is nursing in those wards and has confirmed that the wards are full of flu not covid...

Its academic as there is currently no required reporting or isolation for people testing covid positive here.
In addition I have not been in a fit state for seeing anyone all week (not been out and cancelled anyone due to come to the house) so have been in isolation...

Thanks for visiting Llama and Cate.

The flu continues...

The shortage of a lot of flu medication products does not help... The chemists and supermarkets are sold out of a lot of things - even things like paracetamol - but thankfully we still have some...

We got some night nurse capsules delivered yesterday and I had the best night's sleep last night.

No proper exercise other than the hospital arm ones...

Slightly down on the scales today to 14st 10.5 :hurray:

We have a flu vax every year after I had flu, with pneumonia 2 years in a row. I was so sick both times. I hope you recover soon, M.

Thanks both.

I too had a flu vaccination in October. I get vaccinated every year...
The effectiveness all depends on which strains they predict will be predominant.
I suspect (based on what we hear of the high incidence) that they got it wrong here...

Rod seems to be on the mend - but I am still not doing well...
I keep getting coughing fits (my asthma doesn't help that) and in the past couple of days my ribs have been hurting as I cough...

I got on the scales this morning and it was the same as yesterday 14st 10.5

True influenza is a nasty bug even when you're healthy. No wonder you're still struggling :grouphug:

There are so many virulent bugs out there. I'm feeling under the weather today & will do a covid test soon.

Thanks Llama and Cate.

Another miserable day here...

The only bright point is that the scales were down today 14st 9.75

Sorry you are under the weather Cate. Hope you feel better soon. The covid test is fairly academic when the flu is a nightmare.

My week is still going badly....

On Monday I got in touch with my GP and had both a phone appointment followed by an immediate face to face.

The doctor said that I had a particularly nasty virus and because I have been having a lot of breathing problems (my asthma is back with a vengeance and I have been struggling to breathe) so now I am taking steroid tablets on top of ventolin to try to help that... Those struggles had prompted a lot of coughing...

I also got some antibiotic ointment for the sore places from wiping a constantly running nose...

My ribs are sore from all the coughing too - so I am struggling to sleep much... Even a single cough can now be now incredibly painful to my ribs...

My eating has not changed - but (I think linked to the steroid tablets) my weight has been gaining back this week...

I am leaving concerns about my weight until I start to feel better. Hopefully this week's gain will reduce when those steroid tablets stop next week...

As long as you're mostly eating well to give your body the nutrition it needs your weight isn't even a consideration while you're so sick. Hope the extra meds help.

You poor thing. It sounds awful! Concentrating on nutrition rather than weight-loss sounds like a much better idea at the moment. You'll get back to fighting the good fight soon, M :grouphug:

Thanks for the visits and support...

I'm still ill - but have had some excellent news...

I got a phone call yesterday from the oncologist and she said that they had the oncotype dx results back - and it means that I do not need to have chemo and can go straight for radiotherapy next...
:party::party::party::party::party:

She gave me an appointment for CT scan and plan for 20th February with radiotherapy starting soon after...

Everything was great - but she did say to get in touch with my GP again straight away because she could hear how ill I still am... She said to tell them she'd said so...

Anyway I got in touch and got an appointment for this morning...

I have just been and they are increasing the dose of steroids for the next week and also they have put me on a week of antibiotics.

They also said that if I am not a lot better in a week I should go back.

I am hopeful that things will improve now... Based on yesterday's news alone I got the best night's sleep in absolutely ages which is bound to help.

Congrats on the good news! Now for those extra meds to kick out the intruders and get you some energy back.

That's great news about not needing chemo, M. Hope you start to feel physically better soon xo

Back