Omega's new journey - time to do it again...

Omega

I first came to the forum a decade ago. My diary was "Omega's journey".
https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/omegas-journey.15690/
I achieved amazing things - really made my weight loss dreams come true....
I was a weight loss machine - I could be rigidly controlled - I exercised like a demon and ate strictly but very healthily without any form of starvation diet.

I went from 21 stone to 9 stone - a reduction of 12 stone - that is 168 pounds or 76.3 Kg depending on your weight unit of choice...

I went from very very big to arguably too thin - a lot of my bones were visible...

People used words like "inspirational" to describe me.

Now they can use words like "predictable" to describe my subsequent weight gain.

I haven't gained ALL my lost weight - but I have gained a worryingly large amount.

Stressful eating combined with a knee injury cut my exercise levels and caused a huge weight gain.
Lack of self control - took me to the notion that there was no point worrying about it - if noticeably heavy - what difference does a few pounds more make? why deprive myself? why force myself out for a walk?
why not eat what others around me are eating?

If I don't own up to it and start to take action I'll be back to where I started - so that is why I'm back.

My name is Margaret - for those who haven't met me before...

When I joined the forum last time round I was already into the swing of my project, I was already motivated, I was already addicted to the positive results that I was seeing...
This time round - I knew where to come - I'm actually still a mod for goodness sake although I haven't been here in ages... I have turned up but am not into the swing of anything... I know that I need to sort myself out and in all honesty have the knowledge from last time round - I just need to apply it.

Even the forum has changed so I'm having to find out how to navigate my way around.

You have made the big step towards applying the things you learned M. I'm sure you will get back into the swing in no time at all. I, for one, have great faith in you. I know you can do it & you will xoxo

Thanks ladies - its great to see you here.

I weighed myself today 15st 5.25 pounds! I'll put it into the weigh every day club if I can find it.
I put my weight in there every day last time - so I'll post in there again.
Hopefully that will be public enough to discourage me from letting it go up too much from there....
I've reinstated a couple of old walking clubs here too - may help me keep my step count above 10,000 - shamefully I had a day under 5,000 last week so that isnt the no-brainer it would have seemed for me last time I was here...

I'm currently trying to work on just a few aspects of my nutritian.
Drinking at least 1 litre of water per day (I've been having way too much diet cola), 5-a-day and no alcohol.
I've set up clubs for each of them so I can post publicly and try to keep on track.

I'll have to start announcing my sins too - but that is still nasty...
I had a bag of yorkie buttons yesterday... over 600 calories of chocolate - all in one bag... I am nothing like the Omega this forum once knew...

Thanks Sunflower - where are you living these days... Did you used to be in Portsmouth?
A decade ago I was near Heathrow - but now I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Yes, still in sunny Southsea, Portsmouth! Ahh, I've never been to Newcastle - shameful! How come you moved?

Wish we had more sunshine here.....

I was originally from Newcastle but moved south in my 20s and met Rod - a lad from Twickenham.
We then spent about 30 years living in the Heathrow area not that far from Twickenham.
I did however get more and more twitchy about being 300 miles away from my parents as I had been their only child.
When my parents were 94 and 89 we made the decision (after having had to travel up to sort out problems) 6 weekends running - that the only way forwards was to move up to Newcastle and move in with them so that we could keep a proper eye on them.
My mother is 94 now and I'm her carer. She depends on me quite a lot... I lost my father a couple of years ago.
You are beginning to see where the stressful emotional eating came from aren't you.......
Take a life long emotional eater and give them stress........

I've been on the scales this morning and it was 15st 4 pounds - a step in the right direction.

I had a good day yesterday 1ltr water, 5-a-day, no alcohol, no chocolate
I know that there is plenty more that I could be doing - but we are talking baby steps.

We have to go out for some very stressful meetings today...

Thanks for sharing Omega - sounds like a very stressful period of your life.. Can see where the emotional eating came in :(

Thanks Cory and Hana

Definitely pretty stressful.

Had lots of meetings today - and we expected things to get more confrontational than it was in the end.
There will still be more opportunities for confrontational encounters but it was good to get today's meetings behind us.

I had sandwiches for brunch and lunch - but at least I had no chocolate or crisps so it could have been worse...

Minimal walking today - but that doesn't matter so much as it is salsa tonight and I will get some steps danced instead.

Been out dancing so my stepcount was ok :) 13,495 steps for Tuesday - most of it on the salsa floor.

On the scales Wednesday morning my weight was 15st 4.5 pounds - up half a pound from yesterday - reasonable when you consider day to day fluctuations, my late night fruity snack at 1am and the fact that I had sandwiches at lunchtime because we were out having meetings all day.

The good think was that my boxes got ticked in that I kept clear of the really naughty things like chocolate, had no alcohol (despite arriving home wide awake turned midnight), had the amount of water I was aiming for and 5-a-day.

I'm jealous that you get to go salsa dancing for real. Most of my dancing is part of a cardio class.

Hi Margaret and welcome (back) to the forum :) Sounds like you´re well on your way to getting back to your goals; dance steps are good steps :p

Thanks for visiting Cory and Maria
I appreciate your support .

Oh - I love to dance.
Salsa dancing is brilliant - and I was really lucky in that my husband Rod found a few years ago that he loves salsa dancing too.
It means that we go dancing to all sorts of lovely places - always in this country as I am never happy about leaving my mother alone for more than two or an absolute maximum of three nights as she relies on me. If we can we try to get away for a salsa weekend every month or two as it is so much fun and makes a little holiday. We are going to Teesside Salsa Congress later this month. :party:

There are all sorts of lovely people in salsa - and it is such a nice hobby - I recommend it to everyone.

Everyone is very friendly - and it is great exercise too.
If anyone enjoys the cardio classes they should give it a go as it is so much more sociable.

I got on the scales and it was 15st 3 pounds so that is another step in the right direction. :party:

My step-count was 10,240 for Wednesday which is acceptable for the time being.

My food was acceptable too - 1 litre water, loads of fruit so 5-a-day achieved easily, no chocolate (although Rod has a bag of yorkie buttons in front of me) and no alcohol.
There is plenty there for me to tighten up - but more important things for me to work on elsewhere...

Scales going in the right direction, lovely! Well done. The salsa sounds great - I don't think I'd be confident enough!

Hana - you'd be surprised how it actually boosts your confidence. Its all the hugs you get as dancers are such huggy people. :)

Not a fan of hugs-by-strangers at all but it´s certainly an awesome hobby where fitness and socializing are concerned. Really nice reason to have semi-regular trips with the hubby!

Not a fan of hugs-by-strangers at all

I promise you - people quickly get used to it on the dance scene. Its really not like non-dancer hugs. In salsa - so many of the moves involve different kinds of ways that you can wrap your arms round each other.

Its like with non-dancers - people seem to read something into asking someone for a dance - whereas for dancers all you are asking for is one dance.

Back