Omega's new journey - time to do it again...

I'm always happy if I get over 10,000 steps :)

Happened to me three years ago...I didn't have a strong build when I was in secondary school. But since I started working part time in McDonalds, I go swimming every day after my shift. Months later I grew abs and lost like, 5 lbs (No six-pack tho) :)

After a meal out with friends on Saturday night (couple where they are both having birthdays this week) - I saw a gain which disappeared down to a new low by Tuesday morning's scales...

This was followed by a meal last night with a friend who lives in Spain and comes over a couple of times a year and he tries to stay locally for one night when he is over here... Haven't weighed for today yet - but I know even if from the sodium alone that the name of the game this week is basically to try to nullify the gains...

Both events were very unusual - after all - we are talking a Saturday and Tuesday with no dancing...

Things have gone well since I last posted...
I've ticked all my boxes since then - 2 litres water per day, 5-a-day, no junk, no alcohol, no bread, at least 12,000 steps per day.

The only naughties were roast potatoes and parsnips cooked in meat juices for dinner on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.

Its 8pm on Easter Monday and so far I'm looking at a Chocolate Free Easter Weekend :party:

I really like this little cartoon that I saw on FB...

I'm going to keep a copy here to encourage me to do it sometime...

I've had mainly good days since I last posted - but a couple of less good days too...

Firstly the good...
After Easter - last week went well.
Tuesday to Thursday - I ticked all my boxes - minimum 12,000 steps a day, minimum 2L water a day, 5-a-day, no junk, no alcohol, no bread.

Then Friday to Monday was good - all considered...
Firstly we went to a wedding and reception... All the boxes got ticked - except I had a triangle of pizza at the buffet after the wedding. Also a little nibble containing cheese that would not be low-cal... All other boxes got ticked for the day though...

Then we went to the Teesside salsa congress and spent the whole weekend basically at a long salsa event - which was pretty much non stop classes and parties... Although we were away from home I managed to tick all my boxes...
Not easy considering we didnt get to bed before 4am across the whole Fri-Mon...

I was pretty pleased about the whole Fri-Mon period even though it wasn't ideal - and my weight held steady which I classed as a victory.

In fact - I re-evaluated and decided that I am now shooting to hit all the same boxes - plus minimum 14,000 steps a day...

Tuesday went well...

Unfortunately both Wednesday (yesterday) and today I have been to events where there was a free buffet - and there were things that I could not resist.... My eating has been poor both days... Worse yesterday - but I had 2 triangles of pizza today - so not good today either...

I guess it is just a question of my mood, how other people I'm with are reacting to the buffet and exactly what is being offered...

Last night I felt so bad about what I had eaten at the buffet - I skipped a healthy evening meal which wasn't an ideal thing to do - but we are where we are...

I hope that I do not have to contend with any more buffets for a while......

You´re a hero for doing so awesome during a wedding and a salsa weekend :eek: I have to admit my first thought was that it was a weekend to do with the making of chunky sauces :D

Thanks ladies. I've stayed on track since I last posted and been drinking plenty of water...

I'm still weighing every day...

The rewards are coming..............

Monday 1st May 2017........................14st 8.25.......pounds i.e. 204.25.. pounds

* I'm pleased with that. I'm 11 pounds down since I dragged myself back onto the scales 5 weeks ago today.
:party::party::party:

Only 4.5 pounds more to go and I'm back in WONderland... As an English person it shouldn't mean anything - but I've spent a lot of time around forums one way and another over the years...

Well done staying the course! The more (smallish) milestones the better, I think. They help us appreciate the changes, which in turn helps with motivation.

Thanks Maria. I firmly believe that we should celebrate more milestones than non forum people would ever imagine possible... We achieve great things - we deserve every bit of celebration for the results of all our hard work.

Monday went on to be a very difficult day.
My 94 year old mother passed out in the toilet, fell, hit her head and knocked herself out.
We came home about mid-day and discovered that she was lying on the toilet floor and couldn't get up.
The toilet is very small and we couldn't get the door open to pick her up.
We tried to talk her round rolling onto her knees which would enable her to try to climb up - but she couldn't
We ended up phoning the fire brigade and an ambulance and they managed to get her out...
The ambulance insisted that she was taken to hospital so we all went to hospital.
We then spent all day at the hospital as we moved through their system.
Finally at night they decided to admit her as her blood pressure was extremely low on standing.
They felt it likely that she would fall again if she came home.
We were there until almost 11pm.

Naturally I found it all to be very stressful and time consuming...

My diet day:
Luckily as we left with the ambulance I grabbed a 2 litre bottle of water and some cooked meat and 2 bananas for me... I also grabbed similar for Rod...
That was what I ate and drank until 11pm.
A puzzle book and pen was also a good idea - as there was a lot of waiting around at the hospital...
I had been planning on getting on the treadmill on the afternoon so my step count was not high as we left for the hospital... I determined that I was not going to let circumstances keep me from my steps so I did as much walking as I could at the hospital... A did a bit of walking on the spot and in long waits did a few little walks along hospital corridors... I got my step count to the level I wanted it to be...
We got a taxi home then popped straight to the local Tescos and bought an easy picnic cold meal to have with no bother... I had suchi 217 CAL and a chicken salad 224 cal. Also another banana, nectarine, and a plum.

I did however go on to have a pack of 4 chocolate aero mousses... 93 calories each... OK - they were naughty - but not too bad under the circumstances....

So no alcohol, calories probably at an acceptable level all considered and 5-a-day - even if it was just fruit and a bought salad (and they are never that big)... water and steps good...

I'm counting it as a victory... I've cancelled plans for today and will go to the hospital this afternoon to see if they have sorted out what they need to do to fix her blood pressure.

:( Hope your mom feels better asap. You, if I may say so, are a healthy eating hero for getting through the day as well as you did :eek: I always wonder about the "food" options in hospitals and I'm usually less stressed than you must have been.

Thanks ladies.

We visited my mother in hospital yesterday during visiting hours. She looked noticeably better than on Monday - but her mobility is currently very poor... A lot worse than on Monday morning before this all happened.

The hospital have transferred her today to a rehab unit.

We have however not been allowed to visit her - as Rod is not feeling well and I have been having diarrhoea and vomited twice since 3am.. Needless to say I am feeling pretty rotten.

She requested some more things which I put into a bag and Rod dropped it off at the rehab unit - but he was not allowed in. We are banned until we have been clear of problems for 48 hours.

My weight loss project has disappeared from my attention... My stepcount is static at the steps I did until 1am when we went to bed - so abysmal. I havent eaten anything yet and have only had water - but it is unlikely that I'll get through 2 litres... No junk food will probably be easy - but my 5-a-day looks highly unlikely.

I imagine it sucks to not be able to visit your mom when she´s feeling poorly, but I´m so glad the hospital actually takes their own rules seriously! It sucks so bad when you have to send a client to the hospital and then not see them for three weeks because they caught an infection at the place where they were supposed to get help :(
Also: don´t worry about steps right now. You´re spewing rot from all openings. You´re ill and need to heal before you can think of doing anything else for anyone else. Eating fruit is good and helpful but don´t beat yourself up for not being superhuman when your body needs every little scrap of energy anyway.

Thanks Maria. At least they are taking their responsibility to my mother seriously. We checked the internet and the rehab place seems to get a good review. I just hope that she is not feeling too abandoned...

Back