Omega's new journey - time to do it again...

Great news on all fronts. You'll shift those pesky last pounds now that you are able to get back into zumba again. It's great that you have maintained your loss :)

I posted the following at the weekend - but the conversion lost it - so I'm copying from my computer :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for another update.

The forum was down and then I went on a week's holiday - so there has been another little gap in things...

First week after the accident I went just to one salsa night (on the Tuesday) and three zumba classes (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). I was pretty bruised and feeling a bit sorry for myself so I did less walking...

It has to be said that I noticed that the shape of the bruising on my face moved about each day.

The doctor at the hospital told me that the bruising would spread due to gravity.

It was most noticeable at salsa where the shape changed between the start of the social salsa and the end.

It ended up spreading right down my cheek so it almost covered half my face.

My conclusion is that if anyone gets a black eye they would speed up the healing process by getting someone to spin them round for a few hours :)

-------------------

The next week I went to salsa on two nights (Sunday and Tuesday) and zumba for the three classes (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)

On the Tuesday, when I was drying my hair with a towel, I caught the scab on the lump above my eye and it bled a lot. I got quite a shock when I saw all the blood - but the lump did noticeably go down immediately and become less noticeable - so I decided that it had been a good thing.

Over that week the bruising paled a lot around my eye where it had been the darkest - but was still noticeable down my cheek.

------------------------

The next week I went on holiday to a little cottage in the grounds of Paxton House.

No salsa or zumba - just a nice chance to switch off and enjoy the countryside.

We got back home yesterday (Saturday).

The bruise is no longer noticeable - there is still a small lump which is a bit painful to the touch (so I am regret it when I put a jumper on which I pull over my head) but otherwise causes me no bother. There is a very small scar which hopefully will fade away.

The only extra thing is that I posted yesterday that my gym is closing very soon - and they have stopped group exercise for the next month...

It means that I will not get my Monday or Friday zumba classes for the next four weeks.
They have permanently cancelled the Friday ones and currently plan on doing two more Mondays towards the end of September.

I replied to you during the conversion but of course that got lost as well. Glad to hear you´re doing better! Hope some kind of alternative dance option becomes available for you soon.

Well at least salsa is currently opening up - but it is much more "virus vulnerable" compared to zumba.

There are plenty of other zumba classes around - but I'm quite fussy as the ones that I like best are really good salseros - and do more than rehash the zumba tracks being sent out on the latest zumba instructors release.

Weight this morning 15st 1.5lbs

To be quite honest - it could easily have been a good bit higher...

The story of my life! More stressful times and more weight gain.

I am on day 3 of this new project... I started at 15st 3.5 on Thursday, with 15st2.5 yesterday.

My exercise levels have been reduced quite dramatically by knee problems (arthritis) - so I have not been doing any zumba for the past year - and my exercise at salsa has been reduced with me having to learn a new dance on the Latin music spectrum called kizomba (which is played at salsa events) which is an Angolan tango...

My husband's health has been pretty good over the last year and a half with no more scares since the pace-maker... The hospital is keeping a good eye on him. He has held his weight loss steady which is fantastic.

I lost my mother at the start of September 2022 just 20 days before her hundredth birthday. I had been worried about her for quite a long time and even got her through two lots of covid - to lose her to pneumonia...

Since then we have been on two holidays abroad (with associated over-eating) and I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

I had an operation to remove the lump and some lymph nodes three days before Christmas and I am currently waiting for oncology to decide whether I need chemo before I have radiotherapy (which I have been told I definitely will have)...

Well I did say that it has been stressful times - so I decided that I had better try to gain control because one thing is sure... I will face my next treatment better if I am healthier... I have also been reading scary leaflets about being overweight and its impact on how lymph nodes operate when you have lost some...

My plan is to try to eat healthily and try to increase my stepcount a bit.

In the meantime I have exercises from my arms from the hospital which I am trying to do religiously...

I should also do leg exercises which the doctor and physio gave me - which have been being missed in the last couple of months when I have been focusing too much on other things... I guess that is down to "what scares you more - cancer or arthritis"...

Good to have you back here but man what a time you've had. So sorry about the loss of your mother and wishing you the best with your own health.

You have had a very rough time of it, M. You have been such a wonderful daughter & your Mum would not have got to such a ripe old age without you. It’s time to concentrate on your health. You have been there before & you can do it again. Welcome back xo

Thanks for visiting Llama and Cate.

I really appreciate your love and support.

Good news and bad news this end...

I've been good for the past couple of days.
Weight Sunday - 14st13.25 and today (Monday) - 14st 12.75

Got my pedometer steps over 10,000 steps for the first time in ages on Sunday... Not just because I had stopped wearing it - but because my steps had been consistently rubbish - even on dancing days...

Now for the bad news... Rod and I are now absolutely full of cold / flu... Neither of us slept much and we are both feeling rotten...

I have done my morning arm exercises - and that is literally all I have done this morning...

Oh no! Bloody viruses making things harder than they already are. Hope you'll be able to kick its butt quickly but until then it's perfectly fine to do only the most important stuff.

I hope you both shake the bug off quickly, but as Llama said just do the important stuff. Rest would be best for now. Take care, M.

Thanks Llama and Cate

Tried to be as good as I could.
Even forced myself onto the treadmill a number of times when I would have been more sensible to sleep for spells like Rod did...

Stepcount for monday 10,887
Weight Tuesday morning 14st12.5

To be honest a quarter of a pound loss seems poor recompense for having forced myself to do the treadmill instead of catching up on lost sleep...

Get well soon, probably best to skip the treadmill till you can fight off the bug which you certainly don't need on top of everything else.

Get well soon, probably best to skip the treadmill till you can fight off the bug which you certainly don't need on top of everything else.
Thanks for visiting.

I am definitely going to follow your advice....
My exercise today will be limited to the hospital post op arm exercises... I've done the morning ones so have another two lots to do today.

Totally took things easy and rested up...

Weight today is the same as yesterday...

Was pleased that I got my hospital arm exercises done though...

If those arm exercises are the kind I think they genuinely trump the need for extra rest. Almost everything else can wait though. Are you feeling a bit better yet?

Basically the incision for the lymph nodes meant that nerve endings were cut and the hospital give arm exercises to be done from the day following surgery (with extra exercises after a week) while treatment is ongoing... The point is to ensure that full mobility of the arms is regained...

I can do them easily enough - but when I reach my arm fully straight I can certainly feel something stretching in my armpit compared to the other arm...

The breast cancer nurse told me that it is very important because the radiotherapy will involve my arm being placed into an awkward position and me having to hold still there while being treated...

One of my friends had the same operation about 16 years ago - and she has apparently compared notes with other people over that period... She also said to be sure to do the arm exercises every day whether you can be bothered or not... She told me that she met someone who had skipped her exercises some of the time and ended up unable to raise her arm above shoulder height...

Back