Liza

Great work finding a nourishing snack when you got home hungry.
I need to start hiking again, tendons be damned. I want that meditative feeling back!

No harm in going for the body fat you want Liza! Sounds like a good day.

I need to start hiking again, tendons be damned. I want that meditative feeling back!
Well hiking when injured probably won't bring much of a meditative feel on though...maybe wait until properly healed?

No harm in going for the body fat you want Liza! Sounds like a good day.
yeah at least it helps keep me on track to move toward staying fit and healthy rather than slipping back into regaining which is what I tend to do once I decide I'm fit enough!
What a wonderful sounding day, Liza!
Thanks Cate--it was :)

Yesterday was pretty nice but not quite as healthy. I stayed home in the morning to get some chores done which meant that I missed out on my morning walk and chin up practice at the park. I did manage at least the bare minimum for my strengthening routine though.
But I was pretty disappointed with myself food-wise. I think the only veggies I had yesterday was some sauerkraut. I went heavy on carbs, dipped into the jelly beans, didn't cook anything interesting...so yeah all a bit of a loss there. I didn't keep great track of calories but did my best to fill it in this morning and I have it coming out as only 100 calories over maintenance...but who knows if I missed something...
Other than that though it was a good day. Like I said got some chores done, and rested well and met up with some friends, got at least a bit of walking in...so yeah not too bad and I do feel well-rested this morning.

Walk--45 min
strength-15 min
calorie surplus +100

Sounds like a good day for a not so good day. Rest is important! And yeah, I will need to spare my tendons for a while yet. Still: rest alone won't heal them and I think I can start doing a little more again on my days off.

Thanks @Llama , @Cate and @Emilyrose
yeah for sure--not a disastrous day at all...rest is definitely good sometimes!

Yesterday was better though...Got a good run in. Had to go out a little shorter than I had originally planned as I had slept a bit late...but the run was great and I got in the trails I love. Made a good meal. I was hoping to make that vegan shepherds pie but again not enough time, so just fried up the potatoes with some veggies and threw some chickpeas in. Tasty and nutritious.
Got some grocery shopping done too. So all of that was good. A good calorie deficit, though short on protein (if i don't have protein powder on my run days I'm always so short on the protein levels!) so will need to make that more of an effort today.

Hopefully some chin up practice today though my brain is already moaning about it.

run-45 min
walk-45 min
calorie deficit -375

Oh, well done! Would love to see some pics from your favorite trailsnsome day, but I guess taking pictures while running would be quite distracting :D

Oh, well done! Would love to see some pics from your favorite trailsnsome day, but I guess taking pictures while running would be quite distracting :D
Yeah I actually don't bring any devices with me on my runs...so you'll just have to imagine them. They are gorgeous though. Really different than the kind of nature I grew up with and it still blows me away.
When I run these trails I also notice how I have to keep my eyes towards the ground and try not even to glance at my watch because it only takes a moment of distraction to trip on some root or rock sticking up out the ground as I learned the hard way a couple of times!
That does sound like a really good day, Liza. Well done!
Thanks Cate!
Best of luck with the chin-up practice. Just do it!
Well I did get out to do it, but when I got to the playground it was all closed off for maintenance and repairs and probably replacement of eqipment! The guy I talked to didn't know when it would be re-opened! So there goes my chin up practice. I can't say I'm heartbroken lol. I am looking at buying something for home use though. I realize how much easier doing strengthening stuff is for me when I don't have to walk even 10 minutes to get to it. The resistance band workouts have been going well because I don't have to go anywhere for that.

Anyways yesterday went ok...Did do the minimum for strengthening but got some extra walking in. Made a good potato lentil veggie stew. Went over calories and forgot to log them in as I went so more guess/memory work again this morning to try and fill it in...maybe went about 200 calories over maintenance.
I can't say I'm all that motivated to try and get to deficits. I keep eating too many sweets...but I feel like as long as I don't gain, and stay focussed on increasing the strengthening and keeping up with the running and eating some good healthy meals every day I'm happy.

So walk-1 hour
strengthening 15 min
calorie surplus +200 (?)

When I run these trails I also notice how I have to keep my eyes towards the ground and try not even to glance at my watch because it only takes a moment of distraction to trip on some root or rock sticking up out the ground
That's one way of making sure you're present in the moment :D
Shame about the maintenance but I agree it's a lot easier to get things done when they're right there in front of you.

That's one way of making sure you're present in the moment :D
Shame about the maintenance but I agree it's a lot easier to get things done when they're right there in front of you.
Exactly and it saves me time too. My run days take a big chunk out of my day which I don't mind as I do love them so much but I like having the extra time on my strengthening days to get other things done. Plus having to head to the park meant I was usually skipping the extra time I was spending on yoga or qi gong and those are super valuable too. I found a nice piece of equipment on line that I will probably buy to continue chin up training in the future.
Another good day. You sound really relaxed & happy & that's lovely :)
Yes, Cate, you're right. My mood's been really good lately which is encouraging. I feel strong and happy and energetic lately. Let's hope it holds!
Haha, I love when you don't really feel like doing something and then an event outside of your control makes it impossible for you to do it!
lol yes exactly!

Yesterday was pretty good. Got out for my run--it was a speed practice day which I actually haven't done in a while (my run schedule seems to keep getting muddled up) So it was interesting making that extra effort to go faster than I would naturally. It's tough but it feels good. It was funny I was going to stay off the trails to focus on speed, but once I got up near them I couldn't help myself going into them. Pretty hard to focus on speed and not falling on those trails, but I figured I did enough speed stuff getting up to the trails along the roads. The trails are just so good for my mental health! Anyways I tried to go a bit faster on the trails as well as also being a bit more careful.

Besides the running got some walking in as well later in the day.

Food-wise, I over-ate...but did at least get some good healthy choices in and met (and exceeded) my protein goal. So that was good.

Run-47 min
walk-1 hour
calorie surplus-+100

I feel strong and happy and energetic lately.
Now that is a wonderful thing to hear.
The trails are just so good for my mental health! Anyways I tried to go a bit faster on the trails as well as also being a bit more careful.
If you need backup for being "allowed" to do the trails on speed day: having to do coordination stuff quickly is excellent for your brain and body. If you don't fall, of course.

Now that is a wonderful thing to hear.

If you need backup for being "allowed" to do the trails on speed day: having to do coordination stuff quickly is excellent for your brain and body. If you don't fall, of course.
haha yup as long as I don't fall, excellent training! but it is good to have that extra backup that it is good for me! Thanks!
Have you watched Schitt's Creek? 'I love that for you'. Said as Emily Rose instead of Alexis Rose. Haha.
lol I love Schitt's Creek.

yesterday was good. Met up with a friend for a walk, ate well, did my strengthening...I think I'm not going to bother buying the bar for chinups for now. I think I can do enough strengthening with the resistance bands and one day when the playground equipment is accessible again i will get back to that goal if it still seems interesting to me.

Not much else to report for yesterday. Well I called my doctor which I was reminded to do from llama's post so that was good to get that crossed off my list. Have been keeping up with piano these last few days so will try to keep up with that...

Anyhow
walk--2.5 hours
stretch and strength 20 min
calorie deficit -100

Are there any particular pieces you like to play Liza?

Back