Liza

liza3

Hi everyone! Back again, now as Liza3 as I couldn't get into my old acct. (If any moderators could delete my old diary "Liza's Diary" that would be great, as I want to start fresh)
Gonna start with all the initial questions and then take my time to start looking back into all the old diaries and checking in with you all!
  • What is your current height and weight? 5'3, 146, body fat 32.8
  • If you were at an ideal weight now, what would that weight be? 130
  • At what weight would you like to be at four months from now? 130
  • Have you lost weight in the past? If so, what has worked in the past to help you lose weight? Yes, calorie counting
  • Why do you believe that you did not lose weight or you gained the weight back? Stopped calorie counting, stopped prioritising/monitoring weight so much, went back to old eating habits
  • Would you try writing down all food and drink consumed for a given period of time? yes
  • Do you cook at home often? If so, what do you cook? yes, usually a starch, veg, and protein...vegetarian diet
  • How often do you go out to eat? Where do you go? Just eat sugar treats out, and way too many of them!
  • What are three things you can do differently when it comes to food? eat more greens, limit junk food, eat less
  • Do you eat when you are not hungry? yes
  • Do you binge eat (large amounts at a time)? yes
  • Do you hide your food or eat in secret? no
  • Do you eat when you are sad, nervous, or depressed? yes
  • Do you eat as a reward? no
  • Do you eat while watching TV or using the computer? yes
  • In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing? running, walking
  • Where do you go for exercise? A local public gym? School/work gym? Home? outdoors

How lovely to see you back, Liza! Looks like you dont have a lot to lose really, which is great.

Welcome back!! How is your walking and running going lately? How did you do with all the lockdowns and such over the last couple of years? Are you still gardening? Hope things are going really well for you!

Last edited:
Aw thanks for the welcome @Llama , @Cate , @Marsia and @Trusylver !!
How lovely to see you back, Liza! Looks like you dont have a lot to lose really, which is great.
Yeah I am glad i came back to hopefully get it back under control--i keep seeing it creeping up and then I accept my 'new normal' weight but I know if I keep letting it go, it will just keep going higher!
Welcome back!! How is your walking and running going lately? How did you do with all the lockdowns and such over the last couple of years? Are you still gardening? Hope things are going really well for you!
The walking and running still going well--you all missed my epic attempt at doing a half-marathon distance! (not in a race--just mapped out on my own) I did finish, but also hurt my foot pretty bad in the process and came home and vomited afterwards! So after doing about a month of recovery walk-run to let my foot heal, I am back to trying again to build up to the distance and want to do it much more comfortably this time!
This past week I haven't been doing as much running because of getting my walls prepped for painting, but went out today for an amazing run. Felt soooo good!!!! Nice walk afterwards too.
And yes--still gardening. Picked some raspberries and kale today :) The crops have been kind of funny as we had a cold spring but the garden keeps giving different things and I just love the time spent in it any which way!

I have been back logging my food into cronometer....yesterday pretty much broke even--so no deficit....hopefully today will do better with that run today--will try to do what i did last time and record it, and then average the deficit out over the week and do a weekly official weigh in.

Yeah I am glad i came back to hopefully get it back under control--i keep seeing it creeping up and then I accept my 'new normal' weight but I know if I keep letting it go, it will just keep going higher!
I can vouch for that :blush5:
I'm so glad you're still running & having forest walks & doing Qi Gong. I'm especially glad that you are still enjoying gardening. Being outdoors is just the best thing for me I know.

i keep seeing it creeping up and then I accept my 'new normal' weight but I know if I keep letting it go, it will just keep going higher!
And me...
I did finish, but also hurt my foot pretty bad in the process and came home and vomited afterwards!
Ouch! Glad to hear you're healing well and taking it easier this time 😳

Your gardening sounds lovely! It's been such a weird year weather-wise with La Niña making the extremes even more so. I really agree about just being in the garden being so magical and healing. So sorry you hurt your foot with the half marathon practice, but great you healed and are back at training! We just painted the first coat of K's room yesterday - it's a soothing olive color that replaced a sort of stressful feeling blue. We are getting rid of the jarring artificial colors on the walls (weird tanny-pink, salmon, and baby blues and teals) and replacing them with more natural colors. Are you doing new colors or retouching existing colors? I hope the transformation feels as satisfying for you as it has for us!

I can vouch for that :blush5:
I'm so glad you're still running & having forest walks & doing Qi Gong. I'm especially glad that you are still enjoying gardening. Being outdoors is just the best thing for me I know.
Yes outdoors is everything for me...well I guess i like inside as well, but breathing good air and interacting with nature is just so healing and nurturing!
Ouch! Glad to hear you're healing well and taking it easier this time 😳
Yes! I'm going to have to either extend the training schedule so it builds up closer to the full distance beforehand or scale back more in the week leading up. The schedule I was following had it go up to 10 miles, then the week before go 9 miles,and then after that to go the full distance. Runner friends say the schedule should have tapered more the week before the full distance...I could feel my ankle giving me some issues the few days before the run too. But yeah I think i just wanted to get it done and checked off. Now my goal is to just run that distance more regularly and more comfortably.

Are you doing new colors or retouching existing colors? I hope the transformation feels as satisfying for you as it has for us!
I haven't chosen the colours yet. I was initially doing it because my place has gotten pretty banged up over the years I've been here so it needed freshening up, but then I thought, well since I'm painting, maybe I should choose a new color...but so far i can't decide and probably will stick to something similar to what is already here which is a variation on some sort of soft white...I was thinking of going more yellow, but so far the yellow I tried looks like it would be too much for this space...I will try out a few more colors in this next week and then just choose. So great you are making that place your own. Yes colors matter so much and nice when you can get it right!

OK--got off track the last few days and haven't been tracking calories, and been overeating sweets :blush5: This is my on-going saga of the last year--want to lose weight, I'll get back on track, oh well sweets taste too good...
So need to make some more effort here and I will try again.

OK--got off track the last few days and haven't been tracking calories, and been overeating sweets :blush5: This is my on-going saga of the last year--want to lose weight, I'll get back on track, oh well sweets taste too good...
I am in this post and I don't like it :rotflmao:

@Llama and @Cate Well at least we got good company in this boat of ours!

Yesterday went better. Got a good run and walk in (through beautiful trails-just lovely), ate fairly well, logged it into cronometer (mostly--kind of a shoddy job, but allowing myself to do it imperfectly!) and came to a deficit...
So today trying again. So far have logged my meals, stopped myself from overeating at lunch, and had a lovely time working away in the garden this morning...gonna keep trying!

Sounds like a wonderful day. Are you still taking care of the garden of your rental place? Or am I misremembering?

Sounds like a wonderful day. Are you still taking care of the garden of your rental place? Or am I misremembering?
Yes you are remembering right! Good memory! I love that space so much--so much room to play with stuff and always more jobs I can make up which is really fun for me. And yeah the landlords just trust me to do whatever i think so that is super nice to have that freedom of movement!
I'm glad your day was better. I'll log my food in now too & get out into the garden!
Thanks Cate. Yes it's hard to get into that habit of logging the food but I know it really helped me last time.

I ended up with a deficit and stopped myself from overeating a few times. And that was with some really good/tempting chocolate in the house. So that was good. Also made a plan before I left the house so I knew what I would allow myself for treats rather than going into a mindless devouring of them as soon as they were in reach.

I am noticing as usual that I have trouble getting enough protein in so maybe that will be my next goal is to get some protein powder. That worked well for me last time.

calorie deficit 237
gardened 2 hours
walked 30 mins

Lovely that you have so much autonomy in the rental garden! Also: excellent self-control there.

Thanks Cate. Yes it's hard to get into that habit of logging the food but I know it really helped me last time.
I'm forcing myself to do it before I finish Dry July. I'm still eating/drinking about 1400 cals a day without wine. Your landlord is clever, giving you free rein over the garden. Well done putting on the brakes with the good quality dark chocolate 👏

I love how happy you sound about your gardening. I feel the same about mine. I may need to log my calories, as well. I am on a plateau with eyeballing things. It's wonderful to hear you are really enjoying your runs and walks, too!

Thanks @Cate , @Llama and @Marsia !

Yes I can't sing the praises of these landlords enough. They are wonderful people and we are all so happy with the situation. I constantly just feel so lucky to have gotten this place. Affordable rent, beautiful space, garden, wonderful landlords, good neighbors...

I am on a plateau with eyeballing things.
I must say I don't get too exacting with the logging in. Never weigh or measure stuff, just best guesses, but it seems to work ok.

OK first official weigh in--143/144....my scale can't decide lol. Either way it's down from last week and that's good enough for me. I feel like I might be getting some better habits already. Yesterday planned again my treats ahead of time knowing I would face that temptation.
Didn't move my body much at all yesterday as it was really hot. Did do about 20 minutes of walking. I think today is cooler and hoping to fit in a run before it heats up. It really does wonders for my mood so it's best if I can keep that up.
Once I get these new habits in, I want to add in some strength training as I've entirely dropped that and have never been good at keeping that up.

Back