Liza

You just reminded me that I completely dropped my running 🙈 Don't even quite know when or why. Congratulations on the scale drop!

it's down from last week and that's good enough for me. I feel like I might be getting some better habits already. Yesterday planned again my treats ahead of time knowing I would face that temptation.
Sounds good to me. I won't be weighing everything this time either, but I am pretty good at guesstimating. Well done on losing, liza & getting your focus back :)

You just reminded me that I completely dropped my running 🙈 Don't even quite know when or why. Congratulations on the scale drop!
Funny how we can just drop things and not even notice....running for me so far feels like a new habit that will stick. I get so much joy when I run and when I skip running for a week my mood gets down and more anxious. Strength training, on the other hand, never brings me any joy!
Sounds good to me. I won't be weighing everything this time either, but I am pretty good at guesstimating. Well done on losing, liza & getting your focus back :)
Thanks Cate :)
Unfortunately didn't do as well food-wise yesterday...I was doing well and then before supper I logged in all my food up until then and saw I was still in a big deficit. So then I ate a big meal and snack....and then saw I went over...should have planned my evening meal and logged it in before I ate....oh well.
I did have a really great run even though it was super hot and humid out. Stuck to trails in the shade and drank lots. Also got about an hour of walking in. And even though i did overeat it was mostly healthy foods and I did limit the treats...so not a total loss.

so yesterday was 200 calories over plan.

notice....running for me so far feels like a new habit that will stick. I get so much joy when I run and when I skip running for a week my mood gets down and more anxious.
❤️ That's wonderful!

Shame about the after-dinner slip-up, but it sounds like it was a small one at least.

uh oh midday and overate already and too much sugar this time. I did it intentionally to try and stop my anxiety from spiking. It did help but now I don't have many allowed calories left for the evening....oh well....I could go for a run or something, but I just feel pretty tired and worn...Going to try for just healthy food at least for the evening.

I feel a bit similar today. I could just curl up & have a snooze & it’s only midday. I too will try to stick to healthy food for the rest of the day. We can do it xo

I was in the same boat today - ate so much in the morning I didn't have a lot to work with by evening. Glad you are loving running, and the skip running sounds really fun! It was brutally hot here today, too. Glad you got good rest, and congratulations on the weight loss!!

I didn't eat enough during the day and got way too hungry after work. Stuck to nutritious stuff though.

Thanks @Cate , @Marsia and @Llama
Unfortunately I didn't stick to just healthy food, but at least I did have another healthy meal besides some extra junk. My anxiety just kept rolling and that sends me to sugar...
I was around 450 calories over budget. Todays another day...anxiety still here so will try for either a walk or run this morning and try to do better eating.

Anxiety sucks (nothing new there). As long as you're keeping up with your sleep, relaxation, and hydration sometimes there's just nothing you can do to avoid it.

I got attacked by the pantry monster last night too. It's risky having certain things in my pantry. Eskal gluten-free lemon wafers are the devil. Today is another day.

Aw, sorry about the anxiety. I really think tracking calories helps so much with this. I was starting up on sweets again, and then when I see how much it adds to the calorie count when I eat them, the next time I pause longer and really think about it. I agree with everyone, sometimes just bringing more consciousness to how you are feeling helps somewhat, and this, too, shall pass. Hope you are feeling better already!

Anxiety sucks (nothing new there). As long as you're keeping up with your sleep, relaxation, and hydration sometimes there's just nothing you can do to avoid it.
Yes at this point in my anxiety career I am trying more to just embrace it when it comes and not try to escape it, but it's a tough practice!
I got attacked by the pantry monster last night too. It's risky having certain things in my pantry. Eskal gluten-free lemon wafers are the devil. Today is another day
Yeah I've been doing pretty good with having temptations around without succumbing but it's hard for me not to run there when the anxiety spikes....I will keep trying!
Hope you are feeling better already!
Thanks! the anxiety stuck with me through most of yesterday but I did better at just accepting it and not trying to escape it. I did get a nice break from it while I was running though!

So funny with running for me--when I started out i felt there was no way I would be able to run. My legs felt heavy, my mental energy was low but then 10 minutes into the run, both mental and physical energy kicked in and I just felt that joy of the run again.
I am so grateful to have that.

Food-wise I did better yesterday, but not great really. Did ok with actual junk food, but skimped on veggies and ended up eating too much cheese i think so was over calorie goal again, but only by about 100.

when I started out i felt there was no way I would be able to run. My legs felt heavy, my mental energy was low but then 10 minutes into the run, both mental and physical energy kicked in and I just felt that joy of the run again.
I am so grateful to have that.
❤️ That's wonderful. Glad the anxiety went down a bit as well. Accepting scary/unpleasant feelings as unavoidable is HARD.

I'm glad that running relieves your anxiety & makes you feel much better. Anxiety is awful. Next time I feel anxious I am going to look it in the face & challenge the why.

Hi Liza, so glad you have running to help! I am trying to embrace my anxiety more. I agree it's so hard, but not embracing it means I walk around tense and out of sorts anyway. Is it helping recording things?

Thanks @Llama , @Cate and @Marsia
yes anxiety's certainly an interesting one to work with...I am currently trying new tools I am learning through ACT where it's a lot of just accepting the anxiety and doing the things along with it...but yes I often find it hard to take it all the way and then succumb to things that make me feel better in the moment...like chocolate :)
I had a couple of things that was making things more challenging this week like PMS and having some visitors...so I do allow some room for needing to compensate for those...
Is it helping recording things?
Do you mean recording calories/ foods into cronometer? Yes it's helpful i think. Helps me even when I decide to go over as I am hoping it will bring that aspect of longer-term awareness into the food choices i am making. So even when I decide to eat sugar to ease anxiety in the moment, it helps me to be aware of that...

Anyhow, the days go on....yesterday's anxiety levels were much much better...not sure how i did calorie-wise as I didn't record, but I did eat a couple of healthy meals, and did limit sugar while I was out (but then ate more when i got home...)
Also made it out on a good run, and a good amount of walking yesterday...

So far the scale isn't showing any changes with my over-eat days....but will see what it says tomorrow for official weigh-in day :)
I suppose even if i can hit maintenance level for a couple of weeks that's better than what I've been doing with my slow creep up with weight the last while.

I'm really glad that you have nipped the weight creep in the bud & that you had a better day yesterday, anxiety-wise. A good run & walking sounds good :)

Back