Liza

I really hope that good day arrives asap! You’re doing great.

Thanks everyone :grouphug:
Last couple of days have been a lot better thankfully.
I haven't been keeping track of calories so will try to get back to that. I was pretty sure i had been overeating last couple pf days, so was pretty surprised to see the scale go down by 2 pounds this morning! Could be because I was running less this week so less inflammation...I'll see where it goes. If it really is down by 2 pounds then I might be on track.

Also very glad that I achieved my goal of running the 13. 1 hilly miles this morning without injuring myself or throwing up afterwards. I felt totally good after and am just eating some good recovery foods now as I type this.
I did run it very slowly (I won't say how slow haha) BUT that is fine. I just wanted to complete it and feel good physically afterwards. I definitely felt my knees and ankles cringing at times, and my leg muscles felt thoroughly worked. Endurance-wise totally all fine and good in that my breathing was very natural and easy throughout.

So now I can get started on next running goals of building up more strength/intensity/speed type stuff and laying off distance training for a while. And then hopefully when i try the 13 miles again, that training will help me to run it better.

So official weigh in is at 139

Oh, well done, Liza! 👏 Your work is paying off & you deserve it. I really want that feeling of achievement back again & reading this will help me to get motivated again. That's good news for my Sunday morning :)

Well done on the 139 and a great run. Your hard work and determination is paying off. Give yourself a hearty pat on the back from me. :)

Thanks @Cate and @Emilyrose !
It is nice to have that goal reached and exciting to be able to start looking at new goals. The running seems to keep me motivated. I get so much joy out of it and its fun to see what next challenge I can work on in regards to it.
I was so happy that after my run, a short rest was all that was needed and my legs and joints felt back to normal. It was sooooo different last time I attempted that run.
I didn't track my calories again yesterday. Probably a deficit though considering all that running. I did eat a good amount of protein for recovery, but also ate a bunch of sweets...I was happy to do that though...
Back to calorie counting today though. I was losing faith in it as I just kept maintaining, but now seeing that drop I feel more motivated to keep on with it.

Your running really does seem to help keep you motivated, Liza. Tracking your calories can be frustrating when you aren't losing anything, but I think it stops me from eating (& drinking) stuff I shouldn't so I'm really going to try harder with it. It must feel so good to be <140 lbs. In my dreams....

Excellent work on that run and recovery! Fingers crossed that nice drop will remain.
Thanks! Yes was so grateful to find myself able to just walk and move normally afterwards! haha
Yeah, sometimes a little drop in the scales can motivate you to keep going. Well done again.
Yes--I was getting a little fed up with seeing the scale stuck at one place forever (although maintaining was definitely better than doing my previous gaining!)
Your running really does seem to help keep you motivated, Liza.
Yeah it's funny because I started the running to help me lose weight, but now it often feels like it's the running that makes me want to eat healthier and better to keep improving, so they really work well together.

I'm not really sure what running schedule to start next. I've looked at a few--one for hilly half marathon training, but that one looks a little more intense than I want, and one is more for just improving speed of half marathon. I think that one is more at my level (not so intense, just 3 days per week running) but has no hill training, which I think I might need to see real improvement with the route I have...I think maybe for now just try the less intense one and if I feel like it's not enough, add in one day of specific hill training, or maybe speed training...it's hard to know what to do...I mean if I stick to the 3 day non-intense schedule I could probably also add more strength training in esp for my legs for the hills....anyhow we'll see...I'm just glad to feel able to go out running again without having to take a month to recover like I had to last time!

Got back to calorie counting yesterday. Also did my strength and stretch routine and got in one nice easy walk.

Calorie deficit -244

I think you said you wouldn't have as much time/nice weather for running for a while, right? Maybe doing the easier one to keep your hand in until you can really focus on it again?

Nice job Liza! I want to get to running too but I need to lose a few lbs before I can do that (my poor knees!). It's so exciting looking back in your past and seeing all the growth! You should be proud of yourself, if not already :D

Yeah it's funny because I started the running to help me lose weight, but now it often feels like it's the running that makes me want to eat healthier and better to keep improving, so they really work well together.
I think it does work that way. Exercise makes you feel better about yourself, which makes you want to look after yourself better. Even my walking does that for me.

The power of exercise! I'm going to try to go for a run tomorrow - you've convinced me! ;)

I think you said you wouldn't have as much time/nice weather for running for a while, right? Maybe doing the easier one to keep your hand in until you can really focus on it again?
Yeah I definitely don't want to do the more intense one--just not sure if the less intense one will have me working on gaining strength for hill running, which is probably something I should stay focused on....so I might need to tweak it a bit...
Now I'm looking at maybe doing a running 10km faster schedule just for the next month...i dunno...It's just hard to make these generic schedules fit for my specific needs, but I don't feel that confident to tweak it too much and risk injury.

Nice job Liza! I want to get to running too but I need to lose a few lbs before I can do that (my poor knees!). It's so exciting looking back in your past and seeing all the growth! You should be proud of yourself, if not already :D
Thanks Jay! It is good you are holding off on the running to avoid stress on your knees. I did A LOT of just walking before I attempted running and when I did begin running i followed a walk-to-run schedule which I would highly recommend a new runner doing. It really helps to avoid injury!
I think it does work that way. Exercise makes you feel better about yourself, which makes you want to look after yourself better. Even my walking does that for me.
Absolutely. I have learned so much about nutrition and exercise and health since I started on this journey! When I was younger and weight wasn't an issue I had no idea about any of this and really didn't care.
The power of exercise! I'm going to try to go for a run tomorrow - you've convinced me! ;)
Awesome--I hope you enjoy the run! I wonder if there would be specific running recommendations for tennis players so that the running could support your tennis playing...

Yesterday was pretty good--got started on my new running schedule...a short easy run (relatively speaking)..felt good to get out there and not feel any pain at all--really made me happy that I didn't overdo that 13 mile one!
Food choices were pretty good all day EXCEPT for totally overeating on chocolate and sweets...that continues to be my biggest challenge of how to stop once I begin...
Almost didn't calculate calories as I didn't want to see the damage but I made myself put it in and actually it didn't come out too bad considering...

So calorie surplus of +70
run 40 min
walk 50 min

Well done acknowledging those extra calories and counting them even though you didn't want to. Fooling yourself doesn't help anyone.

Awesome--I hope you enjoy the run! I wonder if there would be specific running recommendations for tennis players so that the running could support your tennis playing...
Ooh, interesting. I must look into that...
Food choices were pretty good all day EXCEPT for totally overeating on chocolate and sweets...that continues to be my biggest challenge of how to stop once I begin...
Yeah, just finished off a packet of biscuits and now I feel sick, so I totally get ya!!!

Almost didn't calculate calories as I didn't want to see the damage but I made myself put it in and actually it didn't come out too bad considering...
Well done on staying accountable to yourself, Liza. Your chocolates & sweets are the equivalents of my wine & there's just no point kidding ourselves.

Back