Liza

Well done acknowledging those extra calories and counting them even though you didn't want to. Fooling yourself doesn't help anyone.
yeah it's so tempting to just skip the recording on those days--I guess it's like not wanting to step on the scales when you know it's going to be up!
just finished off a packet of biscuits and now I feel sick,
Oh dear! Why do we do this to ourselves?!?
Your chocolates & sweets are the equivalents of my wine
Exactly. I have a bottle of wine sitting unopened and has been there for months. While I like wine, it just doesn't draw me in like the sweets do! One thing with wine is I figure once I open the bottle I will need to drink it within a week and that's a lot of wine for me...with sweets I can think that I will just eat a couple and can leave the rest...I just don't! haha.

Last couple of days have been at about maintenance (a little over)...Haven't been able to go running last couple of days either...
So that makes it harder to get to a deficit...I will be happy if I can just maintain that last loss these next couple of weeks though.
I did do better last couple of days with the sweets--made my plan before I left the house about how much I could eat and stuck to it despite being very tempted to go back for more.
I have been having some trouble having those jelly beans in the house (purchased for my long runs) I have been pretty good with just allowing myself a few at a time, and mindfully eating them rather than just inhaling them though.

Great job on sweets moderation! If only moderation was the easy way...

I did do better last couple of days with the sweets--made my plan before I left the house about how much I could eat and stuck to it despite being very tempted to go back for more.
Good for you!
I have been having some trouble having those jelly beans in the house (purchased for my long runs) I have been pretty good with just allowing myself a few at a time, and mindfully eating them rather than just inhaling them though.
Jellybeans are way too much temptation for me. I have had a packet of them unopened in the first aid cabinet (for the grandkids) for years. I know that if I opened them they would be singing out to me!

I'm not a jelly bean fan, so maybe I take the jelly beans and you take the wine, and both our lives are sorted. ;)

It's that thing of when you get used to life with these little treats, how do you adapt to not having them? I have yet to figure it out! I hope you can and share your secrets here. :)

Great job on sweets moderation! If only moderation was the easy way...
Yes I have to learn moderation because cutting it out entirely just never works for me in the long term.
Jellybeans are way too much temptation for me. I have had a packet of them unopened in the first aid cabinet (for the grandkids) for years. I know that if I opened them they would be singing out to me!
:) I don't think the jelly beans would be hard if I would allow myself my greater loves in the house (CHOCOLATE!!)
But since jelly beans are the only real sugar around, they suck me in....I think it is easier for me to limit them though. With chocolate there's very little self-control!
t's that thing of when you get used to life with these little treats, how do you adapt to not having them? I have yet to figure it out! I hope you can and share your secrets here. :)
Ha yes! If i figure out any secrets I will let you know!

I thought I was doing well yesterday restricting sweets even further when I was out and making healthy food choices....and then I got some news that caused me to stress out and all that went out the window...just kept stress eating. Made myself eat some healthy things but also resorted to those jelly beans...I really need some better ways to deal with unexpected sudden stress because it doesn't take much to stress me out...Also lost count of calories...scale was back up this morning...oh and also strained my back (probably actually just another stress reaction.) Geez. Well tomorrow I hope to get a good run in so that should help...Will try to have better food choices today.

Jelly beans plus healthy food is definitely better than just the sweets, regardless of the calories. I hope things relax for you and your back feels better soon.

It doesn't take much to stress me out either. Hope you have a better day on Saturday, Liza xoxo

I can also chime in with not dealing with sudden stress well. Guess that's why we're all here. Trying to develop better strategies of coping...

Thanks @Llama @Cate and @Emilyrose :grouphug:

My back is better happily. And the stress has subsided. I had a really terrible Friday and just felt completely back at square 1 with all my anxiety issues and I just felt so sad and defeated. It was really hard. I lowered my anti-anxiety meds a few months ago (with doctor approval) so I might be reacting a lot worse to small stresses because of that.

Saturday was much better. The stressful situation was over and I could just take the day to recover. Went out for a run, did a bunch of cleaning and rested lots and didn't track my food or calories. That went well, but I did wake this morning feeling pretty low and depressed about my lack of ability to cope with normal stress that comes up in life. I get so fed up with it sometimes.

But am going to just try and do good things and work with what I have and who I am.
Maybe take a nice walk today, visit a friend, maybe think of some good things I can do for others, also play my piano, do some reading, listen to some good music, eat well...

My official weigh-in was yesterday--back up to 141--with my anxiety and low mood, regaining doesn't matter to me...
seems to be the least of my problems right now!

That went well, but I did wake this morning feeling pretty low and depressed about my lack of ability to cope with normal stress that comes up in life. I get so fed up with it sometimes.
Same with me and my stomach/skin/joints. And I'm sure people who lose a leg get fed up with not being as mobile anymore. Anxiety is no different. Being sick sucks! You're allowed to be bummed out about it sometimes but as far as I can tell you're doing very well within your constraints and you probably wouldn't do nearly as well if you didn't put so much work into it.

But am going to just try and do good things and work with what I have and who I am.
Maybe take a nice walk today, visit a friend, maybe think of some good things I can do for others, also play my piano, do some reading, listen to some good music, eat well...
Don't change who you are, Liza. I wish I could cope better with stress( & aggression, raised voices & people arguing) too but I have learned to accept that is part of my makeup. I love that you are thinking of some good things that you can do for others & for yourself :grouphug:

Thanks @Llama and @Cate :grouphug:

Yesterday was better and I am feeling more back to normal. Went out on a really good run this morning. Haven't been out for a longer one in a while and I just really felt I needed to for body mind and soul.
I have gone from feeling fed up, to feeling low and depressed, to feeling a little more ready to get back on the horse this morning. Life is a difficult journey for most I think and all we can do is keep going.

I didn't record calories yesterday and didn't eat that well either. Not terrible but had pizza and cookies and probably went over calories. Did do a fair amount of walking though.
Will try to get back to counting again today and eat better. So far so good.

Sorry to hear you've been struggling a bit, but good on ya for going for the long run! Hope the horse takes you for a gentle trot today. :)

& when we decide to just keep on going & do the best we can depending on how we feel that day, we often find we have pushed through. :grouphug:
Yes so often it's just putting one foot in front of the other--not unlike long exhausting runs!
Sorry to hear you've been struggling a bit, but good on ya for going for the long run! Hope the horse takes you for a gentle trot today. :)
aw i like that idea--the nice gentle trot...

I can't believe I have become one of those where the running really helps my stress levels. I used to wonder how an exhausted person would benefit from running--that just seemed like it would tire a person out more! But truly the running really helps and just feels like such a gift.

Still haven't gotten back to calorie counting. No idea how I would have done yesterday really. I ate pretty good though, but have given up resisting the jelly beans. Soon that bag will be finished and since I shouldn't be doing any more runs that are much longer than an hour in the next while I can stop buying them for now.

Today I should have done strength training but I decided to do some cleaning that needed doing instead.

Hopefully will get back into my routine in the next few days. At least I am feeling way better emotionally.

So good to hear that your stress has eased. It's great that you have an outlet for it. Running is so good for you especially when you are being careful not to overdo it. My bag of jellybeans will remain unopened!

Your jellybeans are my marshmallows and your runs are my hikes, it seems. Glad you're feeling better emotionally: may the anxiety back off for a good long while.

Cleaning I find is very therapeutic!
Very true. I find it hard to motivate myself to do it, but when I put some good music on and get to it, I can feel it is so helpful on so many levels.

My bag of jellybeans will remain unopened!
Jelly beans are finished! Now we'll see if I can stop myself bringing other temptations home. I really need to go grocery shopping soon--running out of lots of stuff.

Glad you're feeling better emotionally: may the anxiety back off for a good long while.
Thanks! i hope it gives me a good long break!

Well I recorded half a day of calories yesterday. Today I will try again to record all day.
Was glad to see my weight back down this morning. I will see if I can get that to hold to next Saturday for official weigh-in.
It is always more motivating for me to stay on top of things once I see the scale back to cooperating.

Beautiful sunrise this morning and my spirits are feeling up.

Beautiful sunrise this morning and my spirits are feeling up.
❤️
Half a day of recording is better than no recording. Best of luck for tomorrow.

Back