Jojo's Diary 😊

Jojo1961

Hello everyone , will start with these questions :

March 26 is when i decided to start my weightloss journey .......and i weighed 156 lbs !
  1. What is your current height and weight?I am 5'1" and and today my weight 152.4 ... idk when it started that the .4 etc. was so important
  2. If you were at an ideal weight now, what would that weight be?I would like to be 120 lbs
  3. At what weight would you like to be at four months from now? 120lb
  4. Why do you want to lose weight?Ever since i gained the weight i don't feel good ...aches & pains that id did not have before the weight gain
  5. What obstacles could get between you and your weight loss goals?I am an emotional eater ...happy sad or stressed food is always something that i go to.
  6. Why do you think that you now have a weight problem?I overeat and i know i don't move enough but i am in so much pain & so tired all the time ! i know its because of overweight
  7. What lifestyle changes do you think would help you lose weight? Try to walk more and maybe change some bad habits ..when emotional try to do something else instead of going to food
  8. Have you lost weight in the past? If so, what has worked in the past to help you lose weight?I did lose 40 lbs a few years ago ...i remember being so happy and feeling great ! It was nothing specific ...just watching what i eat and exercise
  9. Why do you believe that you did not lose weight or you gained the weight back?I gave up ..stopped caring ...also during Covid nobody saw me so i did not try anymore
  10. Would you try writing down all food and drink consumed for a given period of time?I did do that in the past and now and it doesn't really help .i will try again now !
  11. Do you cook at home often? If so, what do you cook?The list is too long to write ..i eat different foods
  12. How often do you go out to eat? Where do you go?I don't go out to eat
  13. What are your three favorite foods?I luv all foods ...i will binge or overeat on anything
  14. What are three things you can do differently when it comes to food?Not sure about that one
  15. If you woke up tomorrow and your body was exactly the way you want it, what would be different? Hopefully feel better physically
  16. Do you eat when you are not hungry? No ..... i am always hungry ....that is something new that has just happened hmm
  17. Do you binge eat (large amounts at a time)?Yes and i feel ashamed disgusted afterwards
  18. Do you hide your food or eat in secret?Absolutely ..wait til i am alone or during the night !
  19. Do you eat when you are sad, nervous, or depressed? Yes and also happy
  20. Do you eat as a reward?i don't think i do ! its mostly if i am lonely or sad
  21. Do you eat while watching TV or using the computer? Yes
  22. What do you normally eat for a meal? It's different every time !
  23. What type of snacks do you eat? I try to do sugar free
  24. In terms of exercise, what, if anything, are you currently doing?I do some weights and some wlaking with my dogs
  25. Where do you go for exercise? A local public gym? School/work gym? Home
  26. What is your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly motivation to move towards your goals?I have had many goals in the past and i still give up ...yoyo weight has happened alot to me
  27. Do you have rewards for certain goals? No but something to think about !
  28. Do you weigh yourself everyday ? No ! I use to do so but i got very obssessed about it .....checking all the time and comparing so i try only to do it twice or once a week now

I have started and re-started a diet so many times its not funny anymore !

Will write more

Til next time

Jojo

Last edited:
Great start Jojo, it would also help people to know your age and any health issues that might impact your eating. Only if you are comfortable telling us, its not necessary, just helpful. Also I assume you are female, if that's wrong let us know, again helpful but not necessary.

Thanks @alligatorob Oh i thought it said so on my profile but sure i should say it here also !

61 years old and Female

I don't have any severe health issues yet ........just Menopausal with aches and pains from old age or from being overweight i guess lol

I don't take any medication prescribed by a doctor

Married (hubby also trying to lose weight )

2 grown boys and 1 grandson

also 2 dogs ( Boston terrier and Yorkshire Terrier )

:)

Hi, Jojo & welcome to the forum. Thanks for your introduction. It does help us know you a little better & makes it easier to relate. I also have 2 grown boys & grandchildren & a terrier.
What are you going to change do you think to help you get to where you want to be? This is a hard question I know. Just being more accountable in your diary will help I think. You should find some lovely support here.
Is your pain from Arthritis? I started having cherry juice this morning to try to help with mine as I can't take any anti-inflammatories. Well done getting to 61 without being on meds 👏

Hi Cate ..........thanks ! oh wow nice

I don't know .....i am going day to day now ! Just eating in moderation and trying to do some type of exercise ! Nothing too extreme

I will write what i eat but i have done that in the past ......i need to deal with my emotions another way than doing it with food !

Yes probably Arthritis ......i take advil but it upsets my stomach when i do !

I was thinking probably inflammation from too much sugar ......so maybe keep an eye on that for awhile and see what happens

More to come haha

Thanks Cate ! :)

Anyone who keeps terroriers has to be a good egg. My parents have two sibling fox terriers and they're the MOST adorable dogs on the planet. One of them was 5 m high up a tree last week, trying to get at a neighbor's cat 🙈Somehow our dogs always have a little bit of bear in them :D

Your husband also trying to lose weight would be helpful since it means not having to keep "dangerous" food in the house.

Anyone who keeps terroriers has to be a good egg. My parents have two sibling fox terriers and they're the MOST adorable dogs on the planet. One of them was 5 m high up a tree last week, trying to get at a neighbor's cat 🙈Somehow our dogs always have a little bit of bear in them :D

Your husband also trying to lose weight would be helpful since it means not having to keep "dangerous" food in the house.

Hi Llama , they are alot of fun but geez they do need alot of attention ! My yorkshire terrier when she was a puppy was very adventurous but now at 10 years old she has become less ! The Boston Terrier is also 10 years old and luv to be in the backyard all the time ! They are a bundle of joy

Well my hubby is trying ...still keeps a few bottles/cans of Coke in the house to enjoy once a week .......that is a big change !

He also was 30 pounds less a few years ...we were doing so great and then covid happened and pouf the weight just happened lol

Last edited:
Good morning ,

got up around 4 am had a cup of coffee , protein vanilla shake in it (about 30 ml) and some sugar free coffee syrup

Breakfast : coffee , eggo pancakes with sugar free maple syrup and a few slices of ham .....forgot a dab of butter

Lunch : i made some tuna with some light cucumber dressing with some toasted WW Bread & also chicken noodle soup with some bone broth

Supper : 2 chicken thighs with canned green beans and a dab of butter (about 5 g )

Probably 2 more cups of coffee today and some green tea flavored

This is about 1,000 calories (maybe more)

Depending on the weather maybe a walk with the dogs will be my exercise and some housework if that counts as exercise lol

I will add later on if i have more calories !

This is about 1,000 calories (maybe more)

Depending on the weather maybe a walk with the dogs will be my exercise and some housework if that counts as exercise lol

I will add later on if i have more calories !
Looks like you are off to a good start lady!
housework if that counts as exercise
I agree with @Llama it does or can! Noom lists housework as a category of exercise, and shows calories burned for it. In my experience the calories burned thing always overestimates, and not just in Noom. However I am sure you are burning a few that way.

Keep up the good work!

Looks like you are off to a good start lady!

I agree with @Llama it does or can! Noom lists housework as a category of exercise, and shows calories burned for it. In my experience the calories burned thing always overestimates, and not just in Noom. However I am sure you are burning a few that way.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks .......geez its cold today ! ugh ( it was a fast walk and not a long one lol )

Yes i don't really look at calories burned by exercise anymore .......overestimated for sure ! It says standing for an hour you burn 145 calories .... i used my phone to see how much i am standing in a day and its way past 3 hours which means i would have burned 435 calories wow lol

Housework they say you burn 60 calories .......i count everything in that (laundry , washing floors , making bed , light cleaning etc ... )
Sometimes these estimates are wild!
I am sure you burn more calories doing housework than just sitting around. However estimating how many is a wild guess at best. If the calories burned estimates I have gotten were accurate my weight should have been below zero long ago... LOL.

I just do the exercise and don't take seriously the calorie burn estimates. When I am dieting I don't add calories based on exercise, as I result I probably lose weight a bit faster than without the exercise, but realistically not a whole lot.

Calories Burned by Household Chores
https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/ss/slideshow-calories-burned-by-household-chores

It sounds like you had a good day, Jojo. I'll be playing catchup with you as I'm in Tasmania, Australia & while it's your evening it's my morning. I hope you have another great day. Your terriers sound very cute.

Good morning ,

Coffee as usual ( sugar free coffee syrup and some premier protein )

I had some sugar free chocolate candy cane flavored pancakes with sugar free syrup

for lunch i plan on a toasted ham sandwich with some coleslaw in it and mustard

Supper i made some penne with a calorie wise cucumber dressing, hot peppers and some low fat mozzarella on top

probably have a diet 7 up with that and some sugar free ice tea this after noon !

Also some lemon water with stevia

Around 1,000 calories for the day !

its snowing here and its so cold probably not a walk to day but will try to do some type of exercise .....maybe some light weights later on

Have a great day & thanks for dropping by

probably weigh myself tomorrow morning !

Last edited:
I would be SO grumpy on 1000 kcal! Sounds like a good day though.

Back