im under the age of 14 and weigh 100kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jeffrey, welcome to the forum. May I ask how tall you are and what kind of food you normally eat? Do you think you gained the weight you did because of the kind of food you eat at home, your portion sizes, snacks, drinking soda instead of water, or something else entirely? At your age more activity (walking an extra hour a day is great if you can keep it up without hurting), fewer sugary drinks, and fewer or smaller snacks are often enough to make a big difference.

Hi, Jeffrey & welcome to the forum. LaMa has already asked for the information we need to be able to offer helpful suggestions. What you eat is the most important thing for weight-loss. Exercise is important for our general health & well-being & I think walking is really good for lots of reasons. It will be interesting to get an idea of what a good healthy weight for you would be so if you do provide us with some more info that would be good. You have the advantage of youth on your side & you will keep getting taller for quite a number of years. My two sons kept getting taller until they were about 18-19.

Thanks so so so much for replying! i am 163 cm and i am actually 13 i have been overweight since i was a very small kid even at birth i was big.
i normally eat (before i ate 2 slices of bread) 1 slice of bread (toasted) and some ham on that and 2 boiled eggs and a cup of chai tea.
for lunch i normally eat at school, live in sweden we get free school lunch. and for dinner my family eats normally steak some potatos and peas
then i eat 1 slice of bread toasted with ham and the go to bed, i have stopped drinking soda 3 weeks ago and im feeling great same with chips and other snacks, if i want a friday snack or saturday snack i usually take dip with some carrots and cucumber. and if i want something that is carbonated then ill ask my dad if we can buy carbonated water. when i was younger there was always something sugary to eat but at the age of 12 i wanted that to stop. and here i am now this is the furthest i have come with losing weight and i am proud that i havent had any soda for 3 weeks but i wanna keep that up for as long as possible.

Sounds like you´re off to a great start! All that should help you lose weight at a healthy pace and I wouldn´t change anything more right now. Get used to the new normal and see how it goes. Losing weight can be a long process and sometimes it gets boring but it´s so worth it to feel lighter and more mobile - not to mention knowing you´re much less likely to get sick later.

Eating wholegrain bread instead of white is generally a good idea, as is eating more protein in order to stay satiated longer. Adding more veggies/salad to help fill you up sounds good to me as well :) Great to hear you have the support of your parents in this.

today 2020-05-22 i ate 1 banana and a cup of tea for breakfast, for lunch i ate homemade caesar salad without cheese, for a snack i took the same caesar salad but in a smaller quantintiy and then in 30 minutes im gonna eat a chicken wrap (chicken in a tacobread and sauce). i feel hungry after my meals but it feels also that im not really hungry its almost just a feeling not real hunger, but i feel great i noticed now that i have been walking 1 hour a day since i started this thread i feel more happy and less stress, my family have been noticing i have been laughing more and i have noticed that too so yeah, i dont regret my decisions YET. (NOTE: THE TIME IN SWEDEN RIGHT WHEN I MADE THIS POST WAS 18:19)

I'm so glad you are feeling happier already. As LaMa says you need to have some protein with your meals & it will also help with hunger as it fills you up. Some yoghurt with your banana at breakfast would be good, some low-fat cheese or a few walnuts or almonds with lunch or perhaps a little jerky as a snack with lunch will help fill you up. You don't have to go overboard. It's all about balance, but it's very important that you get the right nutrition for a growing body.
Many teens need more of these nutrients:
  • calcium, to build strong bones and teeth. Good sources of calcium are fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
  • vitamin D, to keep bones healthy. Good sources of vitamin D include whole oranges, tuna, and fat-free or low-fat milk.
  • potassium, to help lower blood pressure. Try a banana, or baked potato with the skin, for a potassium boost.
  • fibre, to help you stay regular and feel full. Good sources of fibre include beans and celery.
  • protein, to power you up and help you grow strong. Peanut butter; eggs; tofu; legumes, such as lentils and peas; and chicken, fish, and low-fat meats are all good sources of protein.
  • iron, to help you grow. Red meat contains a form of iron that your body absorbs best. Spinach, beans, peas, and iron-fortified cereals are also sources of iron. You can help your body absorb the iron from these foods better when you also eat foods with vitamin C, like an orange.
(Taken from National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), a US site.) There is so much info out there & most are best ignored. These three government sites provide an idea of what a healthy "diet" comprises-
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating | Eat For Health
Choose MyPlate
The eatwell guide - A revised healthy eating model - British Nutrition Foundation
Cheers, Cate.

I have really noticed that im more hungry now, 1 Hour and a half Ago i ate breakfast and now i feel hungry. Im curently in school and i think when im hungry right now im burning fat.

Are you having protein with your breakfast? Eggs & yoghurt are good, easy protein choices for breakfast.

I have protein bread for breakfast With some ham on and sometimes i eat eggs or yoghurt.
The protein bread has 7g carbs per 100 grams and 29 g of protein

Sounds good to me. Being slightly hungry is ok while losing weight but if it's enough to distract you from your school work you might need to bring some snacks (maybe fruit or a weighed-out amount of nuts).

i im just waiting til my family can afford to buy a scale that i can use, right now its pretty bad with money so ill post my progress once we get one :D

Things are tough in a lot of areas right now. Do you have a belt you can measure yourself with? If your waist circumference is going down you´re definitely going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back