im under the age of 14 and weigh 100kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use a sweetener in tea and coffee during my fasting times and it does not trigger an insulin reaction (the bottom line of what you want). there are various views on artificial sweeteners and not all agree, but it seems to work for me. of course, peanut butter will have a good amount of fat calories, so you might still watch your portioning.

just from my limited reading on them, i might suggest avoiding aspartame (Splenda)... this one seems to be so close to sugar, in some cases your body treats it more like sugar (insulin reaction) than others.

The advantage of aspartame vs sugar is that it's so much sweeter they only add about 1% of the amount. So if the problem is its similarities to sugar it's like adding one grain of sugar vs a whole teaspoon.

Best of luck Jeff! Losing weight can seem tough at times, but you'll get there. Although fat loss may be your main goal at the minute, try to make sure you're getting plenty of nutrients in your diet.

I wouldn't recommend that you integrate fasting into your lifestyle at such a young age as it may manifest into something more sinister in your later teen years, as I have seen time and again. Stick to a moderate calorie deficit, adjusting it as you lose weight, and you'll reach your goals. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

All the best from Ireland!
Seán

sorry for late reply. i lift dumbells sometimes one is 12 kg, and i have a big punching bag in my room thats hanging from the celling so i everyday punch that for about 15 minutes with hand protection so i dont get any burns on my fist and sometimes i do 2 minutes with no protection (without boxing hand wraps) i have also been very succesfull on not eating any potato chips since may, less on soda (sometimes at family events i drink soda becuase thats what everyone else is drinking and i have been drinking 3x times more water then before may (about 3 liters a day i drink now)

That is great that you lift weights and also use the punching bag. I wish I had done that at your age. You are taking initiative. That alone will benefit you in the future. Keep going.

I don't have a punching bag, but have thought about getting one. Do you have one that hangs from the ceiling or is free standing? I saw a travel punching bag you can hook up to a door frame. What do you like or don't like about your punching bag?

I actually bought a reflex ball. You wear a headband, which has a string. There is a ball at the end of the string and you punch it before it hits you in the face. It's very difficult and I doubt it's much exercise. I don't do it very much, but it's fun sometimes.

That is great that you are drinking less soda and not eating potato chips. Regarding the soda, it's good to get into the habit of politely saying "No thank you" even if everyone else is drinking it. It can feel awkward at first, but you can politely ask for water. Everyone has water available for guests. I think it's best to give up the soda and don't look back. Besides causing weight gain, it's also very bad for your teeth. I used to get a lot of cavities when I drank soda.

Regarding sugar free peanut butter, I am not sure. I eat Crazy Richard's peanut butter. The only ingredient is peanuts. It has to be mixed before you use it. There are special mixer lids you can buy to make it easier. I think crunchy tastes better than smooth. I am not trying to lose weight, so I don't know what advice to give about if this is good peanut butter for you. Perhaps other could chime in. Of course it depends on how much of it you eat.

Keep going man. You will learn so much by doing this at such a young age. You will look back one day and be so glad you did. Always free to post if you get frustrated and people here will support you.

It sounds like you are doing well, Jeffrey. It's great that you are cutting down on soda & chips & eating healthier. Of all the artificial sweeteners I think Stevia is the healthiest. I would avoid aspartame, as flyer suggested. Concentrate on getting sound nutrition & healthy exercise & your older self will thank you. Please keep us posted on how you are going. Think of us as your cheer squad :)

That is great that you lift weights and also use the punching bag. I wish I had done that at your age. You are taking initiative. That alone will benefit you in the future. Keep going.

I don't have a punching bag, but have thought about getting one. Do you have one that hangs from the ceiling or is free standing? I saw a travel punching bag you can hook up to a door frame. What do you like or don't like about your punching bag?

I actually bought a reflex ball. You wear a headband, which has a string. There is a ball at the end of the string and you punch it before it hits you in the face. It's very difficult and I doubt it's much exercise. I don't do it very much, but it's fun sometimes.

That is great that you are drinking less soda and not eating potato chips. Regarding the soda, it's good to get into the habit of politely saying "No thank you" even if everyone else is drinking it. It can feel awkward at first, but you can politely ask for water. Everyone has water available for guests. I think it's best to give up the soda and don't look back. Besides causing weight gain, it's also very bad for your teeth. I used to get a lot of cavities when I drank soda.

Regarding sugar free peanut butter, I am not sure. I eat Crazy Richard's peanut butter. The only ingredient is peanuts. It has to be mixed before you use it. There are special mixer lids you can buy to make it easier. I think crunchy tastes better than smooth. I am not trying to lose weight, so I don't know what advice to give about if this is good peanut butter for you. Perhaps other could chime in. Of course it depends on how much of it you eat.

Keep going man. You will learn so much by doing this at such a young age. You will look back one day and be so glad you did. Always free to post if you get frustrated and people here will support you.

I have one thats hanging from the celling and i really like punching it, my knuckles are kinda weird i have never almost felt pain in them so yeah.

so, since i started this thread a have started to feel better. today when i went to school i had a checkup at the schools nurse office, so i went there and it showed that i have grown alot in only 2 months and that i have gone down 10 kilo! im very happy and excited to lose more weight and to be more healthy im right now at 88kg.

Growing taller while losing 10Kg is brilliant. Well done! I hope that you feel VERY proud of managing to do that.

Eat less carbs and sugar, also try adding some protein to your diet and keep workout your body. Get rest and eat a well balance nutrition foods.

Here is a update on what has been happening, alot of things have been going on, but i have still kept the diet ongoing and i am going thru a very dark time in my life even tho im 13, soon 14 and i have been developing alot of anger issues, or not developed i would say, more of that my anger problems have gotten worse since i have had them my whole life. My friends are leaving me becuase i get angry over the smallest things, the nurse told my that i might just have high testosterone but my nurse also told my that i might be going thru depression since im not allowed to meet or see my dad and that my mother has passed, but i really try to keep my diet going and such, but the problem is that i lose interest in stuff like going outside, playing games on the computer, drawing, eating and such. and thats a big problem, especially the eating part since i also have something simmilar to migranies multiple times a week and not eating makes them get worse so i am either in alot of pain or am fine, but i find it kinda hard to eat, i have no idea why, i am gonna get a professional person to speak with and so they can help me with my problems. If you have any other questions to ask, feel free too since i just got a new computer so i can look here in the forum. //Jeffrey

Thanks for checking in, Jeffrey; it's always nice to get updates!
i am gonna get a professional person to speak with and so they can help me with my problems.
I'm so glad to hear that because it sounds like you're dealing with a lot of things nobody should have to deal with alone, least of all a young teen. The past year has been rough and people deserve a little extra support. I hope that you can figure things out and that once you're back on track and feeling better you'll be able to explain things to your friends. Those headaches/migraines could very well be stress-related, by the way.

Thank you for letting us know how you are going, Jeffrey. I'm glad you are going to get some professional help & support. It has been a tough year & you have a lot to deal with on top of that. Try to look after yourself & eat as healthily as you can. If you can get out for a walk every day that might help you feel a little better. Do you talk to your Dad on the phone?

Thank you for letting us know how you are going, Jeffrey. I'm glad you are going to get some professional help & support. It has been a tough year & you have a lot to deal with on top of that. Try to look after yourself & eat as healthily as you can. If you can get out for a walk every day that might help you feel a little better. Do you talk to your Dad on the phone?
Yes i can meet my dad once a month and im free to talk to him as much as i want on the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back