If Not Now, Then When?

Flu is definitely bad enough! So, Boris is doing something right after all. Ha! Hope you all get much better quickly. We can't have the MIL extending her stay ;)

Ohhh the stay has been extended, hence the radio silence from me. I am existing in a state of misery!!!!

Hi Sunflower,

Nice to see you back again. I see life has been flowing along for you-lol. Wow 2 kids too. I am happy for you and Yank. You have got this weight loss thing as you have done this before. Sorry to hear everyone is sick. I hope you all get well soon!

Hi lovelies - nice to hear from you cowboy. 2 kids, indeed, and don't I know about it! Crazy things...

Thanks LaMa and Em x

I am here and still keeping on. Scales have been sat at 213lbs for the last week or so so ramping it up this week and hoping to be in the 210's by next week.
We got rid of the MIL eventually.. She tested me over the course of 18 (yes, 18) days with us but she really was very sick and I was the picture of welcoming daughter in law so hopefully she didn't realise how fraught I was.
Little one is 4 months tomorrow - don't know where the time has gone. Feeling so grateful for my little family bubble, know how lucky we are to have this time off together. Although Yank now doing 14 hours a week at a local pub so am getting some nice evenings just me and baby when E is in bed.

We've been using an app called TooGoodToGo to help fight food waste so have been having fun "rescuing" food from places like Starbucks, Costa and bakeries. Have got some lovely treats and have not had to do a big food shop for weeks now.

Where we were: 222lbs
Where we are: 213lbs
Total loss: 9lbs

Slow and steady, etc etc

Congratulations on surviving your sick MIL! You must've gathered some brownie points there.
TooGoodToGo sounds good: need to figure out if it works in Austria.

Well done on surviving the extended visit with your MIL, hon. That's nice to be able to spend some one on one time with your baby while Yank is at work. There's a real shortage of workers in hospo here. Does he like it?
A 9 lb loss is good & is definitely a step in the right direction. It's such a relief when you see those scales going down. ToogoodToGo sounds great. I'll have a look here, just out of interest.

Thanks lovelies ♥ yes, the app is great, think it's in several countries. We are collecting from Marks & Spencers later. We also got a subscription for Wonky Bread which is a bit like wonky veg boxes. Basically baked goods straight from the factory that don't make the cut for going to supermarkets. For £6.99 (free delivery) we got 10 crumpets, 10 pittas, 5 huge foccacia, 15 scotch pancakes, a pack of Wraps and 7 flatbreads..they would have otherwise been chucked, I guess? Have frozen most of it.. E will enjoy the pancakes! 🥞
Today I collected some baby clothes for A from Facebook marketplace and am now watching old Supernatural reruns with my girl snoozing. Had crumpets with marmite and baked beans for lunch, plan for dinner is a ready meal from our latest app haul.

Scale gods are smiling today, down to a new low of 212lbs.

Where we are: 212lbs
Total loss: 10lbs

And yes Cate, he's loving it actually. Very quiet country pub not far from the house - hours fit in around the little ones.. It sounds like it'll be a good fit for him!

For £6.99 (free delivery) we got 10 crumpets, 10 pittas, 5 huge foccacia, 15 scotch pancakes, a pack of Wraps and 7 flatbreads..
Wow, that´s great value! I really don´t care if my bread is wonky at that price... Lovely to hear that Yank is enjoying the pub work: that should reduce some stress for your little family.

And yes Cate, he's loving it actually. Very quiet country pub not far from the house - hours fit in around the little ones.. It sounds like it'll be a good fit for him!
That makes it even better :)
You are really being so smart with your money & it's great that you can absorb so much of what is thrown away. "Wonky bread"! I love it. Who cares if things are not perfectly shaped? The answer is most people it seems. It's madness.
I looked up the app & it says coming to your country soon or something like that & lists lots of countries, but not Australia unfortunately. I think it's a great idea & someone will come up with it here before long hopefully.

Thanks ladies ♥
The wonky bread was delicious. We got through all of it in a few days, lots of halloumi foccacia meals and flatbreads. Yum!
We got hit with a sickness bug the day before yesterday so I have been laid very low.. Luckily the kids haven't got it yet. I spent Valentines day with my head in the toilet. Was especially sad as was supposed to go to my parents for then to have the kids so me and Yank could go out on our first date since A was born.. Never mind. Yank has now lost 14lbs since Jan 1st - he's looking great!
Scales are down for me today, likely from only managing a slice of toast yesterday.

Where we are: 211lbs
Total loss: 11lbs

That sucks you were sick again! Hope you're feeling better and the kids won't join in the fun.

Sorry, you have been sick, hon. Hope you recover quickly, the kids don't get it & you get to go on that date with the slimmer Yank. G always loses weight when I go on a "diet"!

Thanks lovelies.
All okay here, we have had awful weather but was beautiful today so did a 5 mile walk with the kids and Yank which was lovely. E was so good although had to be boosted by "biscuit power" a few times 😂
Had halloumi burgers for dinner with lovely roasted potatoes and broccoli. Ending the day on 1800. Trying to get A to take a bottle of breast milk but she's really resistant.. I have some trips coming up without her so we need to crack it soon!!
Scales down another lb this week!

Where we are: 210bs
Total loss: 12lbs

A 5-mile walk is excellent. E will take to the bottle when there is no alternative. Has yank tried to feed her from a bottle with you somewhere else?

He's an excellent walker, does miles and miles.. Can't believe he's 3 in May!
Yes, we've tried me in the room, me out the house, cup feeding, 3 different bottles, different positions, her happy, her hungry.. She won't budge. Getting on now so soon she can just have some porridge or something but it would be nice for Yank to feed her.. He feels sad as he loved doing so with E. Never mind.

Slowly trucking on.. Another lb down and staying off which is good. Holiday in 6 weeks (if putin doesn't destroy the world..) so hoping to have another half a stone gone by then.

Where we are: 209bs
Total loss: 13lbs

Back