If Not Now, Then When?

.... £800 later.

Will post tomorrow when I'm over the trauma 😂

Cannot believeeee how much the car cost. Absolute pain in the bum. E immediately fell asleep on the sofa at 1700 after preschool so had a very early night and the baby is howling with Yank.. I'm in work tomorrow for a keeping in touch day - ill get paid a daily rate for up to 10 days whilst on mat leave and we need the money (especially after today!).

Calories good today and yesterday. Day 3 with no wiiiiiine, my beloved friend. Scales dropped down to a new low of 217 today.. Wahey! Quick pasta dinner and beans on toast for lunch with no snacking.

Where we were: 222lbs
Where we are: 217lbs
Total loss: 5lbs

Well done on 5 pounds dropped and not going for wine despite getting the car news! And I hope you enjoy your day away from home even if you're really doing it for the money.

Oh, ouch to the MOT cost. That is very painful! Well done you on 3 days without your old friend wine & 5 lbs down!!! It really does make a lot of difference. Old friends will always be there. How's that lanolin going? Keep it lathered on. It will also be a protective barrier.

Thanks ladies.. Its been an expensive few months! Lanolish starting to do its job, Cate. I'm not letting her use me as a dummy til it's healed which is helping.

Busy day yesterday.. Went into the office for the day for some extra pennies and it was so nice.. My manager got me a Costa coffee and I drank the whole thing before it got cold! I caught up with colleagues and had a lovely day. Kids were really good for Yank so came back to a happy house too. Lovely! Ate too much at dinner yesterday so went over calories a little I think but still not had any wine!

Up feeding the baby. I'm pretty sure she only woke at midnight and 0430 tonight - I try not to clock watch as its depressing as hell! But that's good if that's the case. Yank going to take A down with E when she wakes so I can have a lie in. Bliss!

Happy Saturday my loves xo

Last edited:
Thanks lovely.

A did a 6 hour block last night - absolutely magic! Got a friend arriving soon with her two kids for us to go for a walk. Weather lovely today - frosty and sunny. My favourite. Then one of our friends is coming this afternoon to go out with Yank and both kids so I can "relax" which will inevitably mean packing for our holiday tomorrow and cleaning the car. We are going to centreparcs which is like a cabin holiday on a resort with amazing pool/activities. We need to keep it cheap so have a food shop arriving tomorrow to take with us but we have booked the pancake house for one morning and an Italian for another day. I've bought stuff to make a cheese board one evening and there is a log fire. Look at the pool - hoping it'll be warm enough for the baby.

Attachments

• 0_Center-Parcs-Longleat.jpg
    0_Center-Parcs-Longleat.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 4
  • download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 5
I´ve been to similar parks when I was younger and the river/slide thing on the right was one of my favorite things in the world! So many bruises though, once I got a little bigger... Hope packing goes quickly and you have THE MOST fun.

Water parks are so nice! I spent my 30th and 31st birthday at one close to my place, then the pandemic happened so I couldn't continue with the tradition, but there's something about the general aesthetic of water parks that I just adore. Especially just before closing time, when the pools are empty and the waterslides and bubbles are turned off. But during the business hours, I love "crazy river" style of rides where you just swim along the current. Have a great holiday!

Hi lovelies. We had the best time. Lots of long walks, swimming, eating rubbish and relaxing (as best you can with two kids..). Was very well needed.

Yanks mum just flew in from Austin today which is lovely - she's not seen us in 2 years so is racing around with E and having lots of cuddles with baby A. She is quite hard work so I've escaped for a rejuvenating bath! Not much planned for this week as she's had knee surgery so isn't going to be very mobile. Imagine we will try to go to the zoo as we have a membership there, and we are having some work done on the house too. She's pottering in the garden happily at the moment.
Have been back on plan since we got back and am down another 2lbs.

Where we are: 215lbs
Total loss: 7lbs

Glad you had such a great time away. How long is Yank's Mum there for? I remember her as being a bit heavy going. Down 7 lbs is a great start, Han :)

She's here til Friday, Cate. It's been an interesting week..
We are all full of cold so struggling a bit at the moment but calories have been good. Just sent Yank to the shop to get medicine for everyone, even the baby is ill. Blurgh. Won't be moving from the sofa today I don't think.

Another lb down though

Where we are: 214lbs
Total loss: 8lbs

Do you have access to rapid antigen tests there Han? Here most people wouldn't know if they have covid or not as tests are not readily available. I hope you all get well quickly xo

I hope you all get well soon but you and the baby most of all! Is your MIL sick as well?

Hi Lovely Cate, yes we can order 7 lateral flow tests per person per week which is great. Not covid. Just flu. All of us feel terrible!

Hi LaMa, yes MIL in bed worse than all of us :(

Good old influenza sucks plenty enough. Speedy healing. I wonder if your MIL will have trouble at the airport if she still looks unwell by then

Back