Gastric Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
and its 2lb off....so thats me got that horrible gain off!!

20 days till balloon removal so my target is to get to 40lbs off!

Fingers crossed people I can do it!:willy_nilly:

course you can do it no way are you going to let food ruin what u have achieved these last 6 months, dont pressure urself too much and cause panic eating just tip away nicely like u have done-ur such a fantastic inspiration u really spurred me on to get the balloon so give urself a break. :smash:

Question...the gastric balloon seems really popular with our posters in Europe but I've never heard of anyone in the US getting one.

And I've never heard of the NHS doing this op, even though it seems to be effective for the people posting here.

What's up with that? Just curious.

Question...the gastric balloon seems really popular with our posters in Europe but I've never heard of anyone in the US getting one.

And I've never heard of the NHS doing this op, even though it seems to be effective for the people posting here.

What's up with that? Just curious.

They have been done in Europe for quite some time and Canada for a few years. The US has not got approval to do them, although currently there are several clinical trials for gastric balloons ongoing in the States so they should be available there within a couple of years.

a bit disappointed

Hey there

I need some advice from long term ballooners i.e. those who have had it almost the full 6 months, I am 5 weeks in I have lost a stone and then gained 2 pounds, the reason for this is I am overeating I am not feeling as full as I would have hoped the balloon would make me feel also my will power is not kicking in yet, psychologically I am reasoning with myself that the balloon is not a miracle cure and that I have to exercise some control also my goal is 42 pounds in 6 months so I only have 30 to go which is still plenty of time, I am trying to remain upbeat and plan my days and meals better to avoid high cal snacking but I would love the advice of anyone who has had episodes like this and how I can help myself-this balloon has to work for me so how can i spur myself to work too, i know the cost and procedure should focus me and also the early sickness but its amazing how quickly u forget. the first 2 weeks i thought the balloon was the business now i am nervous and feeling a failure . Please help any advice welcome.

Ellen:banghead:

Hey there

I need some advice from long term ballooners i.e. those who have had it almost the full 6 months, I am 5 weeks in I have lost a stone and then gained 2 pounds, the reason for this is I am overeating I am not feeling as full as I would have hoped the balloon would make me feel also my will power is not kicking in yet, psychologically I am reasoning with myself that the balloon is not a miracle cure and that I have to exercise some control also my goal is 42 pounds in 6 months so I only have 30 to go which is still plenty of time, I am trying to remain upbeat and plan my days and meals better to avoid high cal snacking but I would love the advice of anyone who has had episodes like this and how I can help myself-this balloon has to work for me so how can i spur myself to work too, i know the cost and procedure should focus me and also the early sickness but its amazing how quickly u forget. the first 2 weeks i thought the balloon was the business now i am nervous and feeling a failure . Please help any advice welcome.

Ellen:banghead:

I can totally sympathise with you on this one!
My weight has not moved in the past few weeks apart from going up and then back down, I really think I have hit a plateue and with less that 2 weeks to go im panicking.
I too am able to eat more than what I was at the beginning, but at times i continue to be sick too. Its a nightmare!
Part of me is looking forward to getting it out and being able to follow the ww plan as the diet plan I have got is totally unrealistic for me to stick too.I think I have had enough lol.

1 week till removal!!

Eeeekk and im really scared now!
Had my support call today and ive to follow a liquid only diet for the 3 days before removal!!!
How on earth am i gonna manage that on 12 hr shifts at work!
She also told me that the balloon weighs 1.5lb so that could explain why i am feeling heavy, like a weight inside me if you know what I mean.
Ive been weighing on a thursday these past few weeks and had a sneaky peek today and 0.5 up from lowest wieght so really wanna get a good loss 2moro to spur me on for next week!!!!:chillpill:

Eeeekk and im really scared now!
Had my support call today and ive to follow a liquid only diet for the 3 days before removal!!!
How on earth am i gonna manage that on 12 hr shifts at work!
She also told me that the balloon weighs 1.5lb so that could explain why i am feeling heavy, like a weight inside me if you know what I mean.
Ive been weighing on a thursday these past few weeks and had a sneaky peek today and 0.5 up from lowest wieght so really wanna get a good loss 2moro to spur me on for next week!!!!:chillpill:

the liquid diet is so easy after insertion cos ur so sick but so hard when there is nothing wrong with ur appetite but hey it will knock a few more pounds off before removal-there is a new thing on the market called alli it is a non prescription milder version of xenical which boosts weight loss when u are following a diet plan like weight watchers or slimming world so maybe worth considering for the next 6 months while u maintain ur loss :waving: i am back on the horse again after my disastrous few weeks but now that i have gotten my head around the fact that i do the work not the balloon then its all systems go for me, have to start realy listening to my body.

the liquid diet is so easy after insertion cos ur so sick but so hard when there is nothing wrong with ur appetite but hey it will knock a few more pounds off before removal-there is a new thing on the market called alli it is a non prescription milder version of xenical which boosts weight loss when u are following a diet plan like weight watchers or slimming world so maybe worth considering for the next 6 months while u maintain ur loss :waving: i am back on the horse again after my disastrous few weeks but now that i have gotten my head around the fact that i do the work not the balloon then its all systems go for me, have to start realy listening to my body.

Ive tried xenical before and i didnt like it, im gonna follow ww i think for the next 6 mths but I will wait and see what the clinic sends me out and may consider their plan too.

Ive tried xenical before and i didnt like it, im gonna follow ww i think for the next 6 mths but I will wait and see what the clinic sends me out and may consider their plan too.

oh i hated the xenical too it was horrific even if u were sticking to the plan I was always terrified of the unpleasant side effects ww is really the best especially if u have been on the balloon because ur trained to eat less and more healthily too i will be thinking of u and I hope u post after removal to let us know how ur doing:seeya:

mind over matter

Hi Glasgow Girl,
Yes you can do this, your mind is fighting not your body.
I had mine out last saturday at 10am,so can speak from experience really.
I went on soups and soft foods ie yaoghurt smoothies day 1 of 3 moved then to clear soups liquidises took 2 laxatives to clear my stomach on day 2.

Day 3 slim fast or similar dont do what i did have chocolate as food in the stomach comes up when they removed ballon ,mine sprayed all over Doctor and he was smiling whilst i was gagging(find it funny myself now).
Dont forget the coke for final clean of ballon that night leave 12 hours between last drink.

I was up and at Manchester U.K at 11.30am shopping with no ill effects .

Good luck( no Meds or antisetic for removal my choice)
Slightly sore throat after but nothing to complain about
Over 3 stones gone at goal and toning up at the ripe age of 53.
Following G.L food plan 80 % of time in future lost 3ib after ballon out,so they you go another plus.

Gloria :driving:

Hi Glasgow Girl,
Yes you can do this, your mind is fighting not your body.
I had mine out last saturday at 10am,so can speak from experience really.
I went on soups and soft foods ie yaoghurt smoothies day 1 of 3 moved then to clear soups liquidises took 2 laxatives to clear my stomach on day 2.

Day 3 slim fast or similar dont do what i did have chocolate as food in the stomach comes up when they removed ballon ,mine sprayed all over Doctor and he was smiling whilst i was gagging(find it funny myself now).
Dont forget the coke for final clean of ballon that night leave 12 hours between last drink.

I was up and at Manchester U.K at 11.30am shopping with no ill effects .

Good luck( no Meds or antisetic for removal my choice)
Slightly sore throat after but nothing to complain about
Over 3 stones gone at goal and toning up at the ripe age of 53.
Following G.L food plan 80 % of time in future lost 3ib after ballon out,so they you go another plus.

Gloria :driving:

Thank you sooo much, that has been a great help!
I made a big pot of soup yesterday so today is my soup day then 2moro im gonna be on clear liquids. Im working nightshift tonight so the theory is to sleep all day 2moro and try and not think about food eeeeekkkk!
Im hoping for a good wee weight loss on thursday now!
Thanks for the info. You have done soooo well!

glasgow girl

hi there i had mine removed 7wks ago and there's nothing to it no anesetic or spray i lost 3 stone with balloon then went on two days later and had the gastric bypass and since the bypass i have lost another 3 stone so in total ive lost 6 stone in the last nearly 8 mths.and hope to go on and loose another 8 stone but we will see.

good luck mandi

Removal Day!

Im sitting waiting to be picked up....be sooo glad to get this out!
Weighed this morning and it was 17st 5.5lbs, but will weigh myself when I get home without the balloon and will take that as my official weigh in!

Im sooooo hungry as been on fluids only since monday eeekkkkk!

I have also booked myself in for a colonic tomorrow as I am having problems with my IBS, never had one before so hoping that will kick start my weight loss too! Who knows lol.

Will report back later:leaving:

Omfg!!!!!

Well I was told the removal was easier than the insertion....aye right!
Had my midazolam but I wasnt as out of it as what I was before...and when the endoscope went down I vomited, I was really really scared...have you ever tried vomiting when you have a blummin tube down your throat?
My BP was quite low too and I felt really woozy when I got back to my room and had a wee sleep.
Im glad its out tho and ive finally had my 1st non stinking burp in months lol.

I was talking to my consultant and he said around 30lbs is what is expected weight loss wise, so im pleased with that!

Well I was told the removal was easier than the insertion....aye right!
Had my midazolam but I wasnt as out of it as what I was before...and when the endoscope went down I vomited, I was really really scared...have you ever tried vomiting when you have a blummin tube down your throat?
My BP was quite low too and I felt really woozy when I got back to my room and had a wee sleep.
Im glad its out tho and ive finally had my 1st non stinking burp in months lol.

I was talking to my consultant and he said around 30lbs is what is expected weight loss wise, so im pleased with that!

oh u poor thing well at least its out and you can focus on ur continued sensible eating and fitness plan, I have 4 1/2 months to go and from insertion I was already dreading removal i hated the horrific gagging experience and i am full sure i was vomiting too lol:ack2: please keep us posted on how you get on without the balloon 30lbs is an amazing loss and I hope to achieve somewhere near that too it would make a huge difference to me.

Finally found an exercise i like too, its on wii its the hottest party dance stage basically a dance mat with arrows which i hop around like a maniac on its great fun and so far i am doing 50 mins each day and boy am i sweating too, i burn 300 cals in those 50 mins and its a proper cardio workout too, if u have a wii get it cos its so much fun and u hardly feel the time, now i have no co-ordination but i just belt away at it anyway,:smash:

enjoy a proper nights sleep in any position u want lol

Ellen

Thanks hun, I will be keeping at it.

Rejoined the gym today and have an exercise plan for the next 6 mths...Im so determind to do this. After going through that Im determind not to put it back on!:willy_nilly:

Thanks hun, I will be keeping at it.

Rejoined the gym today and have an exercise plan for the next 6 mths...Im so determind to do this. After going through that Im determind not to put it back on!:willy_nilly:

good woman yourself, i really now believe its exercise that makes the big difference because i have been losing a pound a week and this week i started exercising and i am down 2 pounds so like u i will be focusing more on the exercise now that i have the majority of the eating issues sorted, i am a lot more relaxed the portion sizes come naturally to me and eating out is not a big problem anymore and also i will just be faking eating at some family things coming up like filling the plate mingling and really eating nothing unless it is relatively healthy lol :D

keep us posted anyway i want to see that ticker sliding down again next week

luv ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back