Gastric Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong date oops

Hi i just re-read my post and it now says the correct date sat 21st so i still have a couple of weeks to go and recession or not i am doing it, by now ur probably in the throes of the first few days discomfort will you tell me all cos i thrive on info-it wont put me off just spur me more i hope, anyhoo hope ur doing ok, would love to do a marathon maybe when i have lost the weight and increaded my fitness levels for now a walk with the buggy is good enough for me

good luck girls

Hi i had ballon in on 29/11/08 today lost 3 stones 2ibs (44 1bs) now 10.6 .
My original goal was 12. then 11. then 10.7 now its 10st which was my goal weight but as i am only 5.1. may try to go lower just under the 10 due to age dont want to go too low.(shows in my face and neck)

Enjoyed a 2 wk holiday in Florida and lost 4.1bs back now 2wks lost another 2.
As i said a number of times not been easy re cant eat any fats,had lamb one night and it just sits there in my stomach feeling like a blocked drain,and i am then unable to enjoy anything for a couple of days that alone has helped.

I also struggled with fruit for first 10 wks, but great now providing i only eat small amounts.

Found it hardest to buy food out knowing i am wasting it or most of it but slim people do that all the time so now i'me nearly slim,which i am size 12 i have to think like a slim person.
Been doing N.L.P. process alongside the G/Ballon as i know its an aid and have to do it alone after.

This is the real me now. The fat women just borrowed my body for a decade and nows shes gone.................
Thanks for all your support and encouragement
Gloria

fantastic

Hi Gloria,

Thats a fantastic weight loss and great encouragement for us planning a ballon or just fitted with a balloon, I was actually praying last night(i am so not religous) that i would not be one of the unlucky people that the balloon did not work for but I have reconciled myself with the fact that will power is required and I the balloon is not a magic fix its just a tool in what I hope to be my final weight loss journey after this I want to be a slim person for good and I hope I come out with great eating habits. I am doing weight watchers in the run up to my balloon fitting in the hope it will make the transition and cravings for loads of food easier and I hope to follow it with the balloon in if possible.

So looking forward to having mine fitted it can't come soon enough.

Your a star
Ellen

Congratulations Glasgow Girl! I have had the gastric balloon in place for about 8 months now (my doc says the new ones can stay in for up to 12 months). I had it done in Colombia South America for the equivalent of 2500 British pounds.

Now I'm trying to get my people in the States up to speed and let them know how fast, easy and inexpensive it is. When I do searches on the gastric balloon almost everything that comes up is from Europe.

I felt kinda lonely so I figured I'd post here with you guys even though I'm from the States and now live in Colombia.

Well, anyway, I just wanted to say HI! Also, check out my where I've posted everything I've learned so far about the gastric balloon.

Take care everyone and good luck for all you future ballooners!

I was actually praying last night(i am so not religous) that i would not be one of the unlucky people that the balloon did not work for but I have reconciled myself with the fact that will power is required and I the balloon is not a magic fix its just a tool in what I hope to be my final weight loss journey after this I want to be a slim person for good and I hope I come out with great eating habits.

Your a star
Ellen

you will definitely need willpower with the balloon. the first few weeks the weight drops off as you are getting used to the balloon and cannot hold down much food. but once you get used to the balloon you can eat less, but you can still eat badly. I had a bad week last week and was grabbing fast food and have gained a little this week. theres nothing stopping you from drinking high calorie drinks all day. so you still need to diet and watch calories. but the balloon is a great tool as you cannot stuff yourself as much. I ate too much over the weekend and the whole of monday felt so stuffed and sick and barely ate!

another 1lb off reached my 30lbs too!

well done thats fantastic you must be thrilled with yourself, how do you find it when you are out and about and there is food everywhere is it very hard to abstain-does having the balloon in make it easier because of the ill effects of overeating? as i get closer to my procedure I am getting nervous that i just wont be able to resist scoffing all the old junk, do u find the time flying or is it dragging do u think with 9 weeks to go that its a sustainable loss, sorry for all the questions-its nerves:waving:

2 more sleeps til life changing procedure

hi guys probably my last post until i am with balloon:willy_nilly: very nervous about procedure and implications it will have on my lifestyle, this really is the last chance saloon for me so I am feeling the pressure, booked for 10am Saturday heading to the clinic tomorrow for a consultation and then there is no going back, will post here as soon as I am able-thanks for all the advice these last few deciding weeks:waving:

hi guys probably my last post until i am with balloon:willy_nilly: very nervous about procedure and implications it will have on my lifestyle, this really is the last chance saloon for me so I am feeling the pressure, booked for 10am Saturday heading to the clinic tomorrow for a consultation and then there is no going back, will post here as soon as I am able-thanks for all the advice these last few deciding weeks:waving:

good luck!

yeh thats right, to be honest if i was 100% following the diet that the clinic sent for me i would have lost more but im more than happy with what I have lost.
Im aiming for a total loss of 40lb by the end of may as thats when my balloon comes out.
I have been able to eat out and still have some takeawys i just cant eat what i used to...and sometimes i do end up being sick as i have overdone it. :puke:

Well Done

Glasgow-ghirl...

Been following your thread since you began..and I must admit, you have made me be more determined to get the balloon now. I spoke to my doctor last week and he has agreed that if Reductil dont work after a month's trial or my blood pressure is increased due to it's use, he will recommend me for the gastric ballon through the nhs. So happy - it taken a long time to finally get the thumbs up. The Reductil did seem to stop me thinking of food, but then when i started eating, it did not have an affect on the quantity I eat. So definately think the balloon is the route to go regarding to change my way on food quantity.

So as yours in being taken out in May, I hope to be at least on the weighting list to have mine put in.

Glasgow-ghirl...

Been following your thread since you began..and I must admit, you have made me be more determined to get the balloon now. I spoke to my doctor last week and he has agreed that if Reductil dont work after a month's trial or my blood pressure is increased due to it's use, he will recommend me for the gastric ballon through the nhs. So happy - it taken a long time to finally get the thumbs up. The Reductil did seem to stop me thinking of food, but then when i started eating, it did not have an affect on the quantity I eat. So definately think the balloon is the route to go regarding to change my way on food quantity.

So as yours in being taken out in May, I hope to be at least on the weighting list to have mine put in.

Good luck, i had tried recudctil in the past and it didnt really do anything for me. I would totaly reccomend the balloon to anyone. I dont regret a min of it even through the vomiting hehe.
If i can get to 40lb loss for its removal I will be one happy bunny!

yeh thats right, to be honest if i was 100% following the diet that the clinic sent for me i would have lost more but im more than happy with what I have lost.
Im aiming for a total loss of 40lb by the end of may as thats when my balloon comes out.
I have been able to eat out and still have some takeawys i just cant eat what i used to...and sometimes i do end up being sick as i have overdone it. :puke:

I know what you mean, I havent been good all the time and so my weight loss has been slower than some, but as long as it works for us its better to not deprive yourself and still have treats, as long as we are still loosing.

I look forward to hearing from you after the balloon comes out, I hope to keep posting to let us know if you feel really hungry after

balloon in 4 days

Hey everyone,

Balloon inserted Saturday 21st and i am now ok enough to actually share my experience, sedation was fantastic i only remember bits of it, it felt like it was only happening for 20 unpleassant seconds not 20 minutes, surgeon was a dote and the nurses were lovely cos i was petrified, have been sleeping a lot these last few days, vomited regularly:puke: until sunday evening, very weak and crampy these last few days but today i managed some yogurt and soup and then being very brave i had a small piece of fish for dinner at 6 and 3.5 hours later i am still painfully full. I am quietly thrilled even tho it hurts as i now know the balloon will work and as i dont need this achey pain anymore i will hopefully be very careful about how much i eat.

I am so happy to have the balloon in even though i am weak but the feeling of control i have over food is so exhilerating:hurray:

18th weigh in...

and its another 1.5lb off! Chuffed to bits! Can see that 40lb goal in site!

Dunno if anyone looks at my blog but there are some before and after shots in there lol.

19th and 20th weigh ins....

well ive had a major blip....went totally off the rails again and so on weigh in 19 my scales showed a 5lb gain...i wasnt totally convinced tho as i felt bloated so tried hard and weigh in 20 was a 3lb loss. Which i think is more realistic...

To be honest now that I am nearing the removal i think i can eat more bigger portions and this is my problem. Im also finding the diet plan nigh on impossible to stick to 100%....still not allowed any carbs and its driving me potty. I think when the balloon comes out im gonna get back on ww and get the rest of the weight off that way.

I dont regret the balloon at all but I will be glad when it comes out as the burps are f*cking disgusting now...canny wait till they have gone!

21st weigh in...

and its 2lb off....so thats me got that horrible gain off!!

20 days till balloon removal so my target is to get to 40lbs off!

Fingers crossed people I can do it!:willy_nilly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back