Gastric Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glasgow-Ghirl

Hey there
Im looking into having a balloon fitted. Im 19st 11lb at the moment and dont really wanna go down the surgical route of a band. I was wondering if anyone on here was a similer weight to me and has had success with the balloon.
Thanks
Nikki x

Last edited:
Well i phoned up today and looks like I could be getting it done 5th november in Glasgow!
Waiting to hear if the finance is going through....oooohh its scary stuff now lol.

Gastric Balllon

Hi,

I too am considering this procedure. I've had enough of being overweight. I am seeing a consultant at the end of the month - although it does cost a lot of month, it pro a lot cheaper than all the diet pills and potions Ive used so far. I am initally seeing the consultant about lipo suction and the lipo laser treatment on my lower legs as I can not stand the way my calfs are so large. But hinking with that being about £3000, I may as well have the balloon.

In London it looks as if I can expect to pay £5000, wondered if you looked into going abroad at all as it seems that that would only cost £2500.

I aslo wondered about excess skin going through this procedure. I know the bypass results in quick weight loss and the skin can not recover, so people do tend to have surgery afterwards to remove this. Do you think this would be the same.

As this seems to be a good way of teaching yourself to register when you are full and is not a permanent fixure, it is very appealling.

I dont want to go abroad as from the sounds of it you dont get the full aftercare support that I need. I need the help to change my eating habbits not just something to fill my stomach for 6 months.

It all very mind boggling. We obviously realise that we all need a bit of help... but now I dont know what to do... I will have to keep watching and reading until I know what the best solution for me is. Good Luck with the procedure - not long now!

its in!

God and i feel awful!

Cant really keep much down, and bringing up my meds too.

Horrible stomach cramps and pain under my ribs....hoping this all goes away soon!!!!

How was the procedure

So how was the op/procedure to get the balloon in... did you have the one filled with saline or air?

Ive read that a lot of people get pains, cos it a foreign object in your system and your body has to accept it.

When is your first check up?

I have the one filled with saline, I dont remember much about the scope going in as I had sedation but I remember the surgeon saying to swallow the balloon over and that was horrible.
I would reccomend the sedation anytime!!!
Finally feeling normal today and back on a reasonably normal diet. Had a baked potato for lunch and I am sttuffed!!!

2nd weigh in

Lost 1lb this week but think that was mainly due to not being sure of eating teh right foods. Got my module one pack from the clinic and have to advoid carbs and most dairy products for now. Heres to a good loss on wednesday!

Dont get down about the amount of weight lost each week. It a loss and thats the goal. I'm just going to stick with a low cal at the moment... lost 5lb in first week... lost 2lb this week - think before I def go with the balloon, I need to do the circuit of eating habits first, just so I know I definately cant do it on my own.

How much are you hoping to loose - in the 6 months it be in?

But keep updating the site, cos I want to see how you do.

In an ideal world I want to get to around a size 16, I dont know what that is in stones and pounds so just will keep going and see how it goes.

Its been quite difficult to avoid carbs as I really enjoy my bread and pasta but it is getting easier. Got my support call 2moro at 12 and my 3rd weigh in 2moro.

My clothes are falling off me its unreal!

3rd weigh in

and 3lbs off! Thats 11lbs in 3 weeks! Im chuffed to bits! Im 18st 9.5lbs would be amazing if I could get to 18st for xmas!:auto:

hi im going for my consultation tomarrow im a size 14 and hoping to get down to a size 8-10 im wondering if this is possible im excited but a bit nervous at the same time i was also wondering how long did ppl have it in before you were sick??

I think you are sick continously in the firs 3 days then it gets easier. They may not let you have it why you are not that overweight i am a 16 going to Prague to have mine done in January.

Hi there im new to this i had the balloon fitted sept 10/2008 and up to date have lost 3 stone,i had this prosedure done on the n.h.s befor i have the gastric by-pass done my doctor would like me to loose another 3 stone by march before the by-pass.
I was sick for the first 3 wks and now only feel sick every day,i cant eat carbs they make me feel very ill my down-fall was bread and now can't eat it unless its crispy or toasted. My meal sizes are smaller. I would like to hear from anyone who's had the balloon fitted.

Hi there im new to this i had the balloon fitted sept 10/2008 and up to date have lost 3 stone,i had this prosedure done on the n.h.s befor i have the gastric by-pass done my doctor would like me to loose another 3 stone by march before the by-pass.
I was sick for the first 3 wks and now only feel sick every day,i cant eat carbs they make me feel very ill my down-fall was bread and now can't eat it unless its crispy or toasted. My meal sizes are smaller. I would like to hear from anyone who's had the balloon fitted.

Mandi that is fantastic losing 3 stone well done and keep posting to let everyone know how you are doing x col

Confused

I have been thinking about having a gastric balloon for about 6 months. I have been ringing around to get prices and to find out what different services companies have to offer, but i feel confused, when asking about the balloon i feel they are really trying to push the gastric band. I am 5' 6'' and weigh 16 stone 10 lbs, does anyone know why they say i will be wasting my money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back