Kat's Journey: I CAN DO IT!!

Hell ya! That is awesome.

Long time no post...You still kickin it?

Hey there openczun!!!:) YEAH BABY I am still kicking it!!! time to write my posts has decreased to nil over the past few weeks as work has been CRAZY!!! (dont have internet access at home)BUT I have still be kicking butt every day except Sundays.....

Update:

Total lost to date (3 and a bit months of hard yakka): 42.2 pounds/19.1 kilos

Month 1: 22 pounds
Month 2: 13.64 pounds
Month 3: 7.26 pounds

Start: 215.6 pounds
Now: 173.58 pounds

My weigh in for month 3 led me to have a little downer for the day - looking back this was a silly emotion to have as the last month i started to incorporate weight training so maybe I put on some lean muscle mass?...... i guess I was just worried about the downward trend not turning into a plateau... maybe weighing weekly will be more efficient as monitering changes will be more effective this way rather than monthly...

The comments I have had from family friends and collegues almost daily keep me going - so time to start taking my own advice - DONT STRESS ABOUT THE SCALES!!!! I am nearly down another size in jeans so i refuse to let the scales sabotage my progress.

I AM HALFWAY TO HAVING MY HOT BOD AND I WILL DO IT!!!!! time to post some pics soon I think...

AND - I am lifting heavier every weeek - getting fitter, faster & stronger at boxing and am about to start training for my first 8km fun run to rasie funds for Multiple Sclerosis...

Sending out my enthusiam for everyone to KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
pics to keep you honest

glad you're still going full speed

Haha ok well I will have to get some pics lined up... :eek: and prob only post in my journal....

yeah full steam ahead captain!! cant wait to hit the gym tonight - HIIT on stepper followed by weights..... actually I think i am going to go to the gym every night this week and that combined with boxing in the mornings should shift some more fat off me.... thats my short term goal then we shall see what the scales say at the end of the week....:D

Helllo!!

So I got weird looks at the gym last night becuase it looked like I had jumped in pool of sweat by the time i finished HIIT on the stepper but I dont care - I dont go to the gym to look good at the gym!!..... Its empowering pushing yourself so hard.... I love it.... moved on to weights and did an upper body workout with the bar @ 22 pounds.

Stumbled out of the gym and ate some lean beef with broccoli and zuchinni about an hour later.

I did a 10 minute steady run this morning before boxing then skipping for 5 minutes then boxing which consisted of different combos: speed, power, rythym, burpeess with punching on the bag, medicine ball work during sit ups, push ups, ass to grass, chest pushes, jumping over medice ball etc....

I felt a little less powerful this morning but I think this is becuase I pushed extra hard on the arm weights last night....

Had two boiled eggs on one peice of wholegrain toast this morning after workout...

Tonight will be HIIT on the treadmill - might give the weights a miss as I have kickboxing tomorrow and if I do lower body tonight I will be weak tomorrow morning - I need to switch my weights on alternate nights so this doesnt happen again.

Other than that I am ext busy at work and wedding/ honeymoon planning for the end of this year... :cool: cant wait to slip into some hot bikinis for my soon to be husband at the end of the year!!.....

Its amazing how most people DONT sweat during their workout.

Keep it up Kat. I hate zuccini but I have a sweet recipe that combines beef, zuccini, and tomatoes. Delicious.

MissKat is all that!

MissKat is all that. And, I am going to "PROVE IT" with my next post.

MissKat BLOWS all of her personal FOES from her NOSE, and it swelled her TOES.

But she gets the garden HOSE and washed away this swelling WOE;

and her feet GLOWS, and she will not need any medical H.M.O's

:)
=================================================

PULL---The Love for your goal into yourself:

There is only one alternative: self-value.

If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck.

Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within.

Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences.

Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security.

Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them.

(Chillen)
=======================================================

Raise the bar on self-belief, raise the bar on self-confidence, raise the bar on YOU!

And, we are going to do just that with my next post to a very sweet and deserving, young woman.............

AND WE ROCK..................

Last edited:
Its amazing how most people DONT sweat during their workout.

Keep it up Kat. I hate zuccini but I have a sweet recipe that combines beef, zuccini, and tomatoes. Delicious.

Thanks Tony!Yeah I dont get it either! mmmm sounds yummy I would love to see the recipe...

MissKat is all that. And, I am going to "PROVE IT" with my next post.

MissKat BLOWS all of her personal FOES from her NOSE, and it swelled her TOES.

But she gets the garden HOSE and washed away this swelling WOE;

and her feet GLOWS, and she will not need any medical H.M.O's

:)
=================================================

PULL---The Love for your goal into yourself:

There is only one alternative: self-value.

If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck.

Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within.

Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences.

Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security.

Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them.

(Chillen)
=======================================================

Raise the bar on self-belief, raise the bar on self-confidence, raise the bar on YOU!

And, we are going to do just that with my next post to a very sweet and deserving, young woman.............

AND WE ROCK..................

Chillen - put simply you are AWESOME!!!.... you reach out to so many accross the globe - tapping away at your keyboard with your motivational & inspiring writing! I am about to go and put on my runners with an EXTRA bounce in my step.

Thankyou :)

Last night I hit the treadmill. It was my first preparation session for the 8km run that I will be doing in one month. I did 3 kilometres in 19 minutes. Not bad but not that fast. I will add half a kilometre every second day to build up to 8kms..

I had beef and green vegies again for dinner.

Kickboxing this morning was tough but awesome... felt a little tired but once my muslces got warmed up I was smashing that bag with continuous roundhouse kicks :D

I am also now running at lunchtimes on Wednesday & Fridays with a girl from work who is also doing the run so I will see how I go today..

Enjoy your day ;)

Just ran around the harbour foreshore in about 40 mins - no idea how many kilometres but plenty of hills and killer set of stairs!

I am feeling sooo good - run endorphines run!!!!

Ok by the end of yesterday i was truley hurting from the running!! I listened to my body and missed the gym last night...

Went to boxing this morning and felt really strong YAY!..... I will go to the gym tonight if work doesnt hold me back to get in some HIIT on the stepper and lowerbody wieghts....

Food has been great as usual no slipups as the "food is fuel" attitude remains in my mind...

Not much else really except what a gorgeous day...

Meow

Hey all - feeling awful today - was up all night with a tummy bug - must have been something i ate yesterday but cant think of what as it was all good home cooked stuff..... am also feeling extremely tired but this is prob due to the lack of sleep.... muscles feel like I have been run over by a truck...

Anyway I am trying to combat this thing with plenty of herbal tea and water and trying to eat.... no gym tonight and depending on how i go i might have to give tomorrow boxing and gym a miss.....

Sorry for the wingey post. Enjoy your day all. Cant wait to get back to my training.

Back