Gastric Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am scheduled for my balloon next Friday. I am living in the middle east, but is from South Africa, so I am having mine placed in Johannesburg.

I am nervous about the whole ordeal, but is looking for ward to some weight loss.

I didnt realize that you stay sick for so long...

I have looked around on the website, and found some videos on youtube. There are several.

Hi everyone:newbie:

I've been reading up on all your experiences, hoping to get some insight on what's ahead of me. I had a balloon inserted just a couple of days ago.

I've been throwing up for England and, at one stage, I wish I could have just reached in and ripped the thing out of me! Thankfully I'm feeling a bit better today........the anti-nausea drugs are obviously kicking in. I feel sleepy all the time, though

Still can't handle more than just a sip of water at a time, and wondered if anyone could please give me an idea of when I can start thinking about eating "normally" again? My doctor has said liquids only for the first week. But surely I can have more than water?

It's all a bit confusing isn't it?:banghead:

I started to drink apple juice and milk in the first few days. They seemed to settled my stomach and was something different to drink. Also boullion, which is a green tub of vegetable stock, will be in the isle where the gravy powder is. A teaspoon of this in some hot water is very nice, it is a very thin broth but it feels like you are having something normal.
I could start introducing porridge and very soft mashed foods from 1 week as my stomach had settled quite well. Like you in the first few days I wanted to rip the thing out.
I would recommend getting some peppermint and fennel tea. I have just discovered it, after 3 months of having the balloon in. It stops bloating and the wind which you will get. The burps get disgusting and farts (oh my god!).
I have 2 peppermint and fennel teas a day, it isn't that bad, but even after the first cup I felt so much better.
Hope this helps.
Clare

Hiya

I am having a balloon fitted on July 10th and have enjoyed reading all your thoughts.

I wondered thought if I am the only man to have this done!?!?!

Anyone have any top tips for me to think about over the next four weeks before I have it done?

Cheers
R

Hi, MY balloon is in for 5 weeks now, and the weight is coming off very very fast. The first few days I thought I was going to die with the puking. But when my stomach accepted the balloon, I started to feel better.

The first week I lived on yogurt, banana, lite soup. I made a mix of herbal tea, water, and apple juice, so that I get in some sugar.

Then during the first week I gradually added pumpkin, and even soft potatoes.

But were all mouthfuls at a time. Wait after you ate for at least an hour, and then begin drinking again sip by sip for another hour, then try eating again. I pushed myself to eat between 2-3 hours. Otherwise I felt so weak because I didn’t get enough food in.

After a month I am still on cooked veggies. Basically just tuna, meat tends to make me very uncomfortable. I had my first cup of coffee last night... I am still not eating full grains, or salads, or things with a skin. I am staying away from gassy drinks and anything that causes gas.

I think most importantly is taking a little at a time in the beginning, and you have to eat! 2-3 hours apart. I gym, and sometimes my energy intake is not enough, and I start to feel dizzy.

It is damn hard work, and not a pleasure, but if you work hard, you will pick the fruit!

I am so glad I had the balloon placed. I have already dropped one clothes size…. I threw out my whole cupboard, as everything is already too big. I took out the previous set of clothes that didn’t fit me anymore!!!!!!!! I was so happy!!!!!!!!!

:willy_nilly:
how are you doing? I am scheduled for gastric balloon on friday. are you glad you did the procedure? how bad was it? i need to back to work on tuesday and am worried it may not be enough time?

B

hi ,b baby my name is lucero,ive been reading your info,and am very surprised to hear you,had it done i TJ, MEXICO, im also haveing it done july 3rd in TJ. it would be reall nice to hear ,from you.i hope u are doing well ...id like to know .what to expect???????????::and who was your docter??? and did they fill it with saline or air, im getting mine with air,they say this doesnt make you as sick, hope you are doing great:party:

Day 11 and 5 pounds down. I had a lot of nausea for the first few days. It has taken some adjustment to try and find out what and how much to eat. I went back to work four days after which was very soon, almost too soon. I am doing better now and look forward to getting some weight off and relearning how to eat just until i am full. good luck to my fellow balloonists.

gril. you really give me, hope, lucero:cheers2:

Carmes/Clare.........thanks so much, that really did help x

It's nearly 2 weeks now since I had the procedure. So still early days, I guess. Have started eating some solids........but have learned (the hard way) what overeating means! >>>:drool5:

Pre-balloon I weighed in at 113kilos. Last check-up, I was down to 109. I must be losing weight, but still don't feel as if I am. How long before you start to say "OH WOW!!", guys?

Hi, my balloon was inserted on the 13th of june its now almost a week and i havent even lost a gram. What am I doing wrong ????? The first 3 days was awfull and I pucked alot but that did not even let me loose any weight. the doctor gave me two diets to follow one for the first 2 weeks and one for the next 6 months. What am I doing wrong????? I eat 4 meals a day breakfast,snack,lunch, dinner...... It was done in Johannesburg, South Africa. Karools i see that you are also an South African maybe you could give me some advice.:drool5:

Hiya's
I'm really considering ringing the bank manager on monday to organise the money to get a balloon....
I'm around 280 pounds @ this stage and i feel i'm at the end of my thether!
My question is simple.
Do you recomend the gastric balloon?
thanks
Shash

Hi,
My balloon is in for 1 week and 2 days i've lost almonst 2kg. I am stuggeling with the eating boring boring boring i want to eat something else but i cant. I thinck i overateat on the fish so i felt very sick and bloating. Shashar i cant say do it or dont do it, it is to soon for me to say if it works. I'm 90kg and must be 60kg so its 28 kg to loose, but i tried every diet and nothing worked this is my last change to shed those kilo's:auto:

Congratulations

Everyone seems to be doing pretty good. I am having my balloon fitted on 15th July in Tiajuna. Thanks for the tips on nausea relief. I have been prepping myself for this change and have lost 20 lbs in 3 months.

Dusk

Hiya's
I'm really considering ringing the bank manager on monday to organise the money to get a balloon....
I'm around 280 pounds @ this stage and i feel i'm at the end of my thether!
My question is simple.
Do you recomend the gastric balloon?
thanks
Shash

I definately recommend it. I was 130, lost 15 kg already in 7 weeks. In the beginning I would have taken it out myself if I could, so sick it made me for a few days, but after that, I am fine. I am still not eating everything. Just adding slowly.

If you can afford it, do it!!!!!

I am wondering....

Does anyone knows: Is the stomach stretching with the balloon in? So, if I drink or eat a little more, is it stretching the stomach? I can for sure eat more than how much I ate the first couple of weeks!

If it is stretching that means we are all going to sit whith this big oversized stomachs?

Hey everyone. I am having the balloon inserted on Monday (6 days from today). I am so glad that I will have the chance to change my relationship with food. I am imagining that it will be difficult to not have food to turn to when I am feeling unhappy, or bored, or angry, or frustrated, or overjoyed, or excited etc. I think the beginning difficulty will be a challenge but it cannot be worse than the years of dieting and exercising and struggling that I have already done.
I look forward to having contact with all of you who are also using the balloon to get a push in the right direction.

Kenz

I am thinking of having the balloon but am not sure what the long term benefits are?
I don't want to do it and end up the same size i am now in a years time.

Hi there
i would like to know how you doing??
I have similar situations im 96 kg and i need to be 60.
I will have my balloon fit it next friday and for me it is last hope after all life on stupid yoyo dites!
Please let me know if you loosing your waight and how you feel
can you exersice or you feel to sick!

Thanx
magda

Hi kenz
im having balloon done on friday 11.07. And like you im doing that to change my relationship with food!
Im comfort eating person!
And god i hope this time i can loose that waight!!!
Let me know how you doing with yours

How is everyone doing with their balloon. I had one inserted on May 2 and over the course of the first 2 to 3 weeks lost 12lbs. But then I have not lost a pound since. Even with not eating very much. Have lost a lot of motivation and have not been doing very well in the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back