Gastric Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEEALIA

I had a balloon fitted through endoscope on Christmas day and I need some support on the lonely weight loss journey

I have managed to lose 20llbs in 2 weeks which is unbeleivable for me! but dont feel any different in size - This is possibley due to the balloon making my stomach feel bloated.

Get in touch if you have a balloon now or in the past - I would love to hear from any motivational stories.

Speak soon

Angela:)

wow 20lb, scarey but cool.

Make sure you take 'before' shots

Good luck with that :)

Hi Angela,
Good to see you here. Yup, losing weight can get long and lonely, but it can also be exhilerating and encouraging. This site is fantastic... lots of folks who are rooting for you every step of the way.
I don't know much about the procedure you've had done -- how are you feeling? Any side-effects? I assume it sits in your stomach and takes up room so you can feel full after eating less? Is it removed when you lose the weight?
Do you have suport from friends or family? While it's good to find this site, it might help you to have real, flesh-and-blood people who are there to support you, too.
Welcome!!!

How is the weight loss progressing. Can you tell me how invasive it was and how much you paid, just as a guide.

Cheers Jo

Hi my name is Soli and I am a newbie. I had researched this topic extensively and my wife actually has undergone the balloon procedure. It is the least invasive weight loss procedure. There is no actual surgery as a deflated balloon is endoscopically placed in your stomach via the oesophagus and filled with a saline solution to about 500ml. Please check out a great company called Bodies Beautiful who have website with all the details. The cost was £1800. My wife loses on average 2kg per week. When she starts her gym schedule she will expect to lose around 3-4 kg per week.

Hi my name it kat I read your post yesterday, and im considering having the ballooon procedure, does anyone know how much it costs in the UK, I have however got enough to go to prauge bodies beautiful as you mentioned where it only costs £2000, but im a bit put off of travelling to another country to get it done, is it safe and how can you tell if the company is all legaly registered, and licenced?

I had a balloon fitted through endoscope on Christmas day and I need some support on the lonely weight loss journey

I have managed to lose 20llbs in 2 weeks which is unbeleivable for me! but dont feel any different in size - This is possibley due to the balloon making my stomach feel bloated.

Get in touch if you have a balloon now or in the past - I would love to hear from any motivational stories.

Speak soon

Hi there, well done for you weight lose, im interested in the procedure but not sure where to get it done, would you mind telling where you got it done and how much it costs! Thanks Kat

hi im aving a balloon 2 morrow really nervous cant believe im going to loose weight but ur point is good. about feeling bloated something to be aware of thanks

Funny that I came across this post. I was researching about this too after hearing it from someone. There's a website that has info about it and videos too.

The site is can be found
You can find one of the videos at:

It seems really interesting. I would love to hear what others thought about the procedure.

hi ya

i had my balloon last week. was i bad 4 a few days i myself am feeling lonley and experiencing the bloating u talk about i feel like i have gained weight looking 4 some1 to share storeis with please reply

we had a balloon too!

Hiya,

Me and my daughter Kerry both had a balloon inserted on the 12th feb this year. We like you are feeling incredibly bloated despite having lost both lost 7lb. We are finding it quite difficult to distinquish between hunger pangs and cramps. I cant say the procedure was the most pleasant experience in my life as I did expect the IV sedation to be a little more effective as we both felt everything. We had a couple of really rough days but are finding the pains are on the decrease and have decided we may live after all!:party: We do feel quite tired and can only manage short spurts of activity without needing a couple of hours kip. Look forward to sharing war stories. xxxx tina

Last edited:
Well Done You

Hi,

Welldone you must well chuffed with your progress. Whats your weightloss to date??
I am 25 years old and after having my daughter 3 years ago i gained 4 stone and i have tried lipotrim, weight watchers, slimming world, lipo dissolve injecions. Almost everything apart from surgery! I need to do this for myself as i am not the same person and us girls need our confidence!
I cannot find much info on the net and would be grateful if you could give me your views of the procedure, do you get put to sleep i get panicy about not being able to breathe!! Would you advise UK surgery? How was recovery?

I am soooooo confused but desperate now, want to set a date for my wedding by not doing that until i have lost the weight!

Just so confused at the moment, any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks Hun, Keep up the good progress!!!!

Kelly

In December I couldn't breathe, due to my weight, and it came down to either losing the weight, or dying (that's my reason for the balloon).

On the 5th Feb 08 I had a balloon inserted.

I felt really horrible for 2.5 weeks (nausea and vomiting). I don't feel it as much now - every now and then I feel a little flutter.

Today I weighed in at 102 kg. I've lost 9.5 kg in a month since having the balloon inserted (I used to weigh 122 kg before I started Weight Watchers etc and became ill). I still have a long way to go. The breathing has not fully recovered as yet, but every day is a little easier.

I find portion sizes now to be VERY tiny. I have to sip water all day just to keep it down. I can't really figure out when I am full - so I just eat a little at a time, about 4 times a day. I am still on fluids, soft yogurt/custard and soft fruit and veg a month later, dreading the move to solids.

I have about 20 kg (to 30 kg if I am lucky) to go to my ideal weight. And I am so impatient. :(

Good luck to everyone thinking about it, and hang in there if you have it done. It's not been easy. But hopefully it will be well worth it. :grouphug:

how are you doing

how are you doing? I am scheduled for gastric balloon on friday. are you glad you did the procedure? how bad was it? i need to back to work on tuesday and am worried it may not be enough time?

B

Hi,
I am thinking of having a gastric balloon fitted. How did you get on? There is very little info on how people feel the first few days and I am wondering how much time I need off work. Did you have it done in the UK? Did it hurt? Have you been very sick? Sorry for all the questions!!!!
If you have time, would be great to get the low down.

Day 11 and 5 pounds down. I had a lot of nausea for the first few days. It has taken some adjustment to try and find out what and how much to eat. I went back to work four days after which was very soon, almost too soon. I am doing better now and look forward to getting some weight off and relearning how to eat just until i am full. good luck to my fellow balloonists.

Speak soon

hello i am new to this site, i see you live in kent well so do i! where did you have your ballon fitted?? how have you been finding it?? how ,much weight have you lost?

hi how did you find this?? where did you have it done and how much did you pay?? i want it done but so worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back