Funny things you see in the gym

When a smell reaches a certain degree, it becomes it's own entity. They become like vicious predators that attack anyone within a 10 foot range. Luckily I go to a woman's gym, so smell is not an issue there. I'm not saying that only guys are ripe. This one chick in my bio class is RANK, so much so that I dread the coming of summer:( My point is - you don't seek out the smell, the smell seeks you out.

mreik said:
SWEET! lol..

(excluding people like evo who throw weight and get away with it by calling it 'oly' lifting lol :D

Sir, I will remind you that Oly lifting is a very fine sport indeed. :p

HoneyBee said:
Funny at my expense.

I was full out running on the treadmill, and my mP3 somehow got unclipped from the top of my shorts. It hit the track, flew down the machine and crashed against the mirror behind me:eek: . The women on the treadmills beside me almost peed themselves laughing.
Damn.

I spit my coffee onto my monitor when I read this post.

That was great!

Thanks,
Rip

so yeah....i was running on the treadmill the other day and i had my mp3 on right? well i was listening to alexisonfire so i was bootin' it...like stupid fast, almost sprint.....well yeah.

next thing i know, one foot hits the other and WEEEEEEEE!!!!! managed to not smoke my face off the tread as i caught myself. yet everyone there got a good laugh out of the 200+ lb guy taking a dive on the treadmill.

:D

Angelkae said:
Like this?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Superman

I have seen people doing this at my gym too. Don't know if it works... I'd say at best it's a good stretch!

Few weeks ago, I hurt my back and could not do any serious leg or back excercises. I actually did few variations of this excercise for my back while it was unsafe to do proper back excercises. But once I recovered and could go to the DeadLifts, I never missed these back excercises.

I'll throw my 2 cents in...my biggest laugh was when these 2 ganstas, about my age (16) came in the gym in the stereotyped "ghetto gangster" cloths...Both of em looked like shaved birds and one of em put on like 95lbs (not trying to poke fun at whoever does 95)on the bench..TOOK his shirt off...flexed a little bit in the mirror(which was sad) and started grunting and breathin heavy thinkin he and his friend were the sh!t cause they were benchin topless....then of couse the guy who worked there laughed and kicked them out.

Smalling said:
I do think the guys that strap on the big round weight and wear it around like a pendulum are trying to make up for shortcomings ; ) It just looks obscene. Isn't there another way to strap on some extra weight??

I use a dipping/pull-up belt because I don't want to haul a 50+ lb weight vest to and from the gym. And I don't bother taking my belt off between sets either miss. You need to get your mind out of the gutter or start satisfying your repressed lusts so you're not thinking of cack so much.

Last edited:
standAPART said:
One time, I saw a guy on the Assisted CHin Up machine. The one where you stand on the bars and you perform pull-ups and chins. You know...and as you get stronger, you select lighter weight to assist you, right? Well, one day I saw a guy doing assisted chins with a Dumbbell straped to him! What is the point dorky, if you are doing them assisted???

That is pretty dumb. I could see putting a 2.5-7.5lbs on the platform to make smaller increments, but nothing larger than a 5 and 2.5lb plates (if the stack goes in 10lb increments).

tonymcclellan said:
Not so much funny but annoying.

Even more annoying, and more universal, are the dumbbell clangers. the guys doing a press (shoulder or bench), standing lateral raises, whatever, who feel they need to tap the DBs together. That's annoying as hell.

How about the guy who comes into the gym in his regular clothes? Pink polo and cargos, didnt notice his shoes, but he was on the eliptical machine in full gear. Idiot, gosh!

Joined up with a new gym yesterday for the summer... First day there, I was doing my warmups on the elliptical - well there's a guy infront of me going all out on a treadmill... Now I'm checking out the cutie on the right of me, but then out of the corner of my eye I see the guy flying off his machine... Landing on his side, and at first I'm thinking of man I think he's hurt... One of the trainers asks if he's ok, and lying on the floor, he says "Yah I'm fine" like nothing happened... Then gets up and does a quick floor jog, while the trainer keeps asking if he's ok - and he just keeps saying "I'm ok, yah I'm fine".

I was trying to hold back my laughter so hard... Oh man, what a great first day at the gym.

I heard a guy fart while he was doing front squat.. and it was me! dang.. those oly lifts squeeze out everything you got.. and if its not all out, the front squat at the end of the day will make sure u go home empty of gas:p

Servo888 said:
Joined up with a new gym yesterday for the summer... First day there, I was doing my warmups on the elliptical - well there's a guy infront of me going all out on a treadmill... Now I'm checking out the cutie on the right of me, but then out of the corner of my eye I see the guy flying off his machine... Landing on his side, and at first I'm thinking of man I think he's hurt... One of the trainers asks if he's ok, and lying on the floor, he says "Yah I'm fine" like nothing happened... Then gets up and does a quick floor jog, while the trainer keeps asking if he's ok - and he just keeps saying "I'm ok, yah I'm fine".

I was trying to hold back my laughter so hard... Oh man, what a great first day at the gym.
That is hillarious.

I would have pissed my pants laughing.

Nothing too crazy, but I saw someone walk johnson-first into a water fountain checking out a hottie with a toight bod. I laughed at him.. He couldn't get mad because it was such a cliche, movie-like situation. :D

Back