Funny things you see in the gym

I know everyone has seen things that just made them laugh when they were working out. I posted this in another thread but last night I seen another.
1. Two guys doing bent over rows. Keep going up and up in weight, but lifting it like 2" per rep. One guy says to the other, "man my form sucks today."
2. Last night these three guys come in, little guys (maybe 135lbs) with their gloves and headphones. I am not saying anything bad, the gym is for everyone. First thing they do is head to the bench, no warm up, and load it up with 175lbs. Now I'm on the squat rack, just watching out of the corner of my eye in the mirror. First guy lays down, and after about two minutes finally starts. He takes it down, then back up, only halfway. Continues this way for all three. I had to chuckle at this one also. At first I was thinking, wow this guy is lifting quite a bit compared to his size, but I was wrong.
3. Also last night as I was leaving, homeboy comes into the gym in blue jeans and a wifebeater. Looked like he may hit some curls then head to the club.

I know everyone's got some stories similar to this.

I saw a guy laying flat on his stomach once (kinda in a superman position). Then he was trying to lift his arms and leg up at the same time. Doing reps like this. I just looked at him in awe.

~LV~ said:
I saw a guy laying flat on his stomach once (kinda in a superman position). Then he was trying to lift his arms and leg up at the same time. Doing reps like this. I just looked at him in awe.

I heard this was a very effective core exercise, but I think it would be funny to see.

Im a more conservative type of man i wear shirts and shorts to the gym shirts that cover my arms and that are to big for me. You cant see what i look like at all, all u can see is what im lifting. The best is when people that are smaller then you try to mug u after they just sucked it up on the bench. Im doing lounges and this kid trys to stare me down after he gets off the bench struggling doing 3 reps at 185lbs. I think its funny cuz i just did 3 sets of 8 at 225, I dont start no drama tho lol I just walked away and giggled.

LV, those are called backups. They look stupid when you do them, like a fish. Especially if it's some random guy...lol. He obviously didn't realize or he would have done them at home, hahahhaha.

My workout is so gay that I could never do it in public. Seriously. It is some odd white guy who likes rap music mixed with some dancing queen type ****. It really is disturbing if you were to watch it. But.. Hey.. It gets the job done and I have fun with it.

There is a guy who comes into our gym who is the token 'poser' always checking himself out in the mirror and flexing his muscles. I have no problem with that, although it amuses me somewhat. However, he came in yesterday and was in the free weight 'pit' for the same length of time as me. All he did was pose, say hello to a few people and left about 40mins later - HE DIDN'T LIFT A SINGLE WEIGHT!!

LeiYunFat said:
LV, those are called backups. They look stupid when you do them, like a fish. Especially if it's some random guy...lol. He obviously didn't realize or he would have done them at home, hahahhaha.

LOL.....that's excactly what he looked like, a fish out of water.

I'll stick to deadlifts.......:)

One time, I saw a guy on the Assisted CHin Up machine. The one where you stand on the bars and you perform pull-ups and chins. You know...and as you get stronger, you select lighter weight to assist you, right? Well, one day I saw a guy doing assisted chins with a Dumbbell straped to him! What is the point dorky, if you are doing them assisted???

standAPART said:
One time, I saw a guy on the Assisted CHin Up machine. The one where you stand on the bars and you perform pull-ups and chins. You know...and as you get stronger, you select lighter weight to assist you, right? Well, one day I saw a guy doing assisted chins with a Dumbbell straped to him! What is the point dorky, if you are doing them assisted???

now THATS funny!

Kinda funny

This didn't actually happen to me, but a while back at the gym I walked into the locker room and some other guy was in there. He says to me he got out of the shower about ten minutes ago and was standing naked at his locker and some woman steps into the doorway. She stood for about 30 seconds, he tells me. Then he comes out with, how long does this chick have to look at my d*ck, before she realizes she's in the wrong locker room. :confused:

I know there's gotta be more than this. One thing I noticed two weeks ago, not funny, but sad really. There was this really thin guy who came in after me. I was over by the dumbells doing Arnold presses along with some girl who was doing side lateral raises. He comes over, does some dumbell flies, then does the side lateral raises, I walk away, and he starts doing Arnold preses. I felt bad, he was obviously just doing what other people were doing.

Last night I see another dude in jeans and a wife beater??? He's doing pullups and he is kicking his legs so much to give him that extra boost. The other thing that was funny was this one kid doing lateral raises, hes (trying to hide) checking himself out in the mirror. Doing a little flex and sleeve lift, I thought that was funny.
No offense to the ladies, I'm sure there are guys who do this too, but there was also a girl who came in, butter face type. She was wearing some tight white pants and little pink top, the more I watched her workout techniques, I could tell she was more there for the attention of the men. Anyone have this?

Hahaha we have that at my gym. I'd rather melt away. I go to sweat. We have this older woman in there that does these RDL's that are sooo bad it makes me wanna scream 'nooooooooo'. Its kind of like a pilates type version.. she uses this 40lbs bar grabs it stands up then rolls down to the point of her knees, then rolls back up and then leans wayyyyyyy back the whole time blowing out air forcefully. It makes me feel like crying, I just can't watch it. Worse is it takes her for ever to finsh 4 sets.. I want to say something but I just can't... It's scary.

I used to work out in a wife beater. I used to wear the white shirt and tie at work, so after work I'd just throw on some sweats and take strip down to my undershirt. Comfort at a cheap price.

Buck It said:
I used to work out in a wife beater. I used to wear the white shirt and tie at work, so after work I'd just throw on some sweats and take strip down to my undershirt. Comfort at a cheap price.

I have no probs with the wb, but did you wear your nice baggy jeans and brand new white shoes?

Back