Funny things you see in the gym

~LV~ said:
and there lied a 4 inch brown stripe right down his but crack.
SWEET! lol..

I think the only reason people are more likely to offer advice on here is because people took the time to make a name, password, and actually came and logged in. That means they WANT help, as opposed to someone in a gym just throwing weight (excluding people like evo who throw weight and get away with it by calling it 'oly' lifting lol :D).. ANYWAYS, if someone was to ask for advice I would gladly sit there and give them 15 minutes of my time to answer anything I had working knowledge on(gym or online). But if someone thinks they're doing it right, or doesn't care if they're not, I'm not gonna tell them any differently.

I'm not sure if this is a funny story but, it was certainly a funny spectacle.

Last night I witnessed the sweatiest man in the world - now, there is nothing wrong with sweating, thats what we all go to the gym to do, right? I often look like I've had a shower before stripping out of my workout gear instead of afterwards!! This guy however, was something else...

He is probably in his 50s or 60s and he was on the treadmill and, all credit to him, if I am as fit as him when I reach that age, I will be a very happy man! But, after about 20 - 30 mins of running, his sweating seemed to switch into "spray" mode to the point where the treadmills on either side of him were ominously vacant during peak time and most people were giving him a wide berth! There was a 5 foot circle of sweat surrounding him by the time he had finished and, it took him almost 15mins to wipe it all up (poor guy had to wipe down 3 treadmills and a good few square feet of the floor).

Not sure if he realised what was happening whilst it was happening but, I did feel rather sorry for him afterwards - everyone was staring at him as he was clearing up his sweaty mess! On the other hand, if he knew of his tendency for projectile sweating, its a little unfair on other gym users to essentially use 3 treadmills at once!!!

On the topic of giving advice or not - I wouldn't. Its not my place frankly. In the same way that its not my place to tell a total stranger that they should drive more carefully, shouldn't cycle on the pavement (sidewalk), shouldn't smoke, shouldn't pick their scabs or they'll scar, will regret binge drinking in later life etc etc.

I mean c'mon...who the hell do I think I am?!! ;)

Mind you, I wouldn't be rude to someone who offered me advice even if I hadn't asked for it. I would simply thank them and then verify their advice with one of the PTs at the gym.

Not so much funny but annoying.

While I was stretching pre workout yesterday, two black dudes come into the gym and head to the other side where the dumbells are located. Once I am done stretching I go over to that side to a squat rack. All I hear while they are doing shoulder presses is "That n***ga is always fu<kin bit<hes." Constant dropping of the N bomb, and I mean loud. They did about three sets of shoulder presses, then left.

How is this for funny, and it's at my expense.

I just started using exercise balls to do military and flat dumbell presses. I knew the ball would be unstable so I picked a lighter weight to start, I proceed to do the military press and damnnear fall backward launching the exercise ball across the room and almost cracking my head. Luckily I caught myself.

I then proceeded to tell anyone that was watching it's my new cardio routine....You scare the S#@t out of yourself by nearly falling off the ball, it's a great workout for the heart.

See I can laugh at myself as well as other people.

Angelkae said:
Butter Face= A girl with an exceptionally hot body but an exceptionally ugly face. Everything but-her-face is attractive. :eek:

Re: Butt Floss exercise wear... Don't ask me. Never wore it. Everything I do is to try and hide, disguise, or otherwise reduce my "bigness", lol! :D

We have grunters doing stretches at my gym. All I can think is, 'somebody get this guy a yoga instructor'! ;)

I tried the superman stretches (at home, of course). I agree, they're good, but I still don't think I'd want to be the only one doing them at my gym!:eek:

BUT HER FACE!! ha ha haaaa!! never heard that one before, it's hilarious!

I'm with ya - hide, disguise, diminish, vaporize... big tshirt, please!

Since I stopped going to my college gym, my level of entertainment has went down. Now at my gym, I dont see anything funny at all. However, I do notice the personal trainers, and what they do with the clients. What I have noticed boggles my mind. They will be training two people at once, and I dont mean friends or couples. Also they will be doing their own workout at the same time! One guy was telling his client to do this, and then he would walk over and hit the bench. WTF

We have the adjustable flat benches at my gym which typically means you can use them for flat or incline press.

Anyway, at the end of the bench there is a little piece where your butt goes that can be tilted up for when someone is doing incline press. I looked over and saw this young kid doing flat bench press on the smith machine however he had that little butt piece up and instead of having his butt there, he had his head.

Thank god an older fella walked by and said "your gonna kill yourself like that".

I've seen people trying to do decline press on those same adjustable benches.. Needless to say it was VERY entertaining..

Today at the gym, the poser was back. This guy spent 30mins getting changed BEFORE he started training! His training consisted of....erm.....well.....he lifted...erm....his water bottle a couple of times!! Spent the rest of the time he was there chatting with his mates, then left! I have no clue how he has the physique he does as I have yet to see him lift a single weight!! lol

Roids? I don't know, maybe he was "changing" so long because while changing, he discovered he had explosive diharrea.

Something I've noticed is, wtf are some people doing putting weight plates under the decline bench to decline bench? It's like...defeating the purpose by making the angle smaller.

Skinny as hell guy, probably 100lbs soaking wet, gucci gloves, knees supports and back supports. Was quatting only 160lbs :eek:

All the gear, no idea.

Sorry, 'gucci' slang as in 'top of the range', the 'shiznit' etc. :D

Although I might pinch the G logo off a cheap fake belt and stick it on my tatty old mitts :cool:

This wasnt funny stupid but funny haha.

When someone is running on the treadmill with their hands on the shoulder level pulse readers. It looks so funny when they are going about 6+ mph, legs moving super fast, upper body not.

rip said:
"Hi, I saw you doing curls and I must say you appear pretty strong and experienced. And, Judging by your physique, you have been at this for a while. I just wanted to mention that I noticed you were swinging your body and throwing the weight up instead of doing a smooth careful motion. While this may allow you to curl more weight, I have read that it is bad on your lower back and can contribute to elbow and shoulder injuries among other things."

-Rip

Then look upp from your book, tilt your glasses down on your nose, look at the guy and say "Oh.. never mind.. your HUGE!" (joke)

i once saw a guy doing pullups from the pulldown machine, he put on more weight than himself so it could support him.. now i realise some like to do pullups from an unstabile thing like ropes and such because they say its better.. but it still looked pretty dumb:p

Funny at my expense.

I was full out running on the treadmill, and my mP3 somehow got unclipped from the top of my shorts. It hit the track, flew down the machine and crashed against the mirror behind me:eek: . The women on the treadmills beside me almost peed themselves laughing.

This is not funny but whats up with the people that walk around smelling like a dumpster on a 90 degree day? I almost puked when this guy walekd by me tonight in the gym. His armpits smelled repulsive.

How can these people NOT know they smell? :eek:

Why are you smelling people's armpits?

oO

Back