Funny things you see in the gym

evolution said:
I'll share a story about myself; I don't know if I've posted this one before.

First-get yer minds out of the gutter as the story progresses AJP. :D

I was doing jerks one day at the gym and a gf of mine decided she wanted to learn how to do some Oly lifting. Anyway, I get all set up and am showing her the correct way to jerk. I drop into a quarter squat position and throw the bar up but I had my head to far forward...the bar slams into my chin, doing basically an upper cut and nearly knocks me out as those bright yellow spots cloud my vision.

I somehow managed to finish the motion, drop the bar, and at some point regain my senses. She is laughing at me and decides she doesn't want to learn the jerk.

I chipped the hell out of my front right tooth and I felt like an idiot.

AH what!? Man, how did I get that rep around here?

Good going there by the way;)

mreik said:
The other day all 5 power racks had people doing curls w/ <80lbs... I almost flipped, wtf do you need a power rack for?

our gym only has one power rack / squat rack.. (dont really know the difference :p) and all the time there are people using it for curls.. now many of the lifts i do requires a rack, its so darn annoying:p
just get a barbel and do it on the floor damnit:p

My gym only has one rack also and the same thing happens. There are also a limited number of benches and, it really bugs me when guys stand next to the benches doing curls and then use the bench to rest the barbell on!! Use the floor dammit!!!:mad:

Angelkae said:
Re: Butt Floss exercise wear... Don't ask me. Never wore it. Everything I do is to try and hide, disguise, or otherwise reduce my "bigness", lol! :D

OMG I just found this thread! LMAO! When I was about 19 I used to wear these LOL!! They were in style, man, I swear it. I thought I was the sh*t too. hee hee, makes me embarassed just thinking about it!! :eek:

Last edited:
i spot a guy in the school gym every day that benches like 135 and only goes down about 5 inches tops and then goes back up. he finally does it properly one day and hardly lifts 100. it drives me nuts man.:mad:

Karky said:
our gym only has one power rack / squat rack.. (dont really know the difference :p) and all the time there are people using it for curls.. now many of the lifts i do requires a rack, its so darn annoying:p
just get a barbel and do it on the floor damnit:p

My gym has multiple equipment for curls (EZ Bar, preacher station) and occasionally I see curlers at the rack. One guy said they are paying customers and can do as they please. My reponse: I'm a paying customer too and I need the squat rack for doing squats.

Cynic said:
My gym has multiple equipment for curls (EZ Bar, preacher station) and occasionally I see curlers at the rack. One guy said they are paying customers and can do as they please. My reponse: I'm a paying customer too and I need the squat rack for doing squats.
Cynic I am soo using that line next time the coolege boys dominate the power rack for curls :D

I just stand there and stare at them, it seems they always only have 1more set left after I get there :p lol

yeah so the funniest thing i saw was when I was at the gym and walkin on the treadmill. I dropped my music making device and reached down to get it not remebering that the treadmill was still moving..... needless to say i looked like I had just tried to do some sort of pretzel stretch and I almost landed on my face when the tread ran out..

2 women walk in - one rather large, one not so.
They did 4 reps of a very low weight, got up, stretched, did 10 situps or so (they always do this routine) and leave - within 10 minutes.

Now the larger one turns and says to her mate - I've been doing this for months and the internet said I'll burn about 1000 calories doing this - but it doesn't work...

Moral of the story...

ok so im working yesterday and this guy comes in . The gym I work at has 2 floors and huge windows looking out onto the ocean. IT MAKES EVERYTHING RUST. SO he picked up a dumbell that hasnt been used before (not many people are that strong) and it broke in half! And he looks and says! Geez thats the third one this week. He grabbed and even heavier one and failed on the 3rd rep WHAT A TWAT!

NBS 4life said:
ok so im working yesterday and this guy comes in . The gym I work at has 2 floors and huge windows looking out onto the ocean. IT MAKES EVERYTHING RUST. SO he picked up a dumbell that hasnt been used before (not many people are that strong) and it broke in half! And he looks and says! Geez thats the third one this week. He grabbed and even heavier one and failed on the 3rd rep WHAT A TWAT!

That doesn't sound very aggrivating...I mean it all depnds on his goals. The choice between going up and down in weight is determined by this, that is if the dumbell you tried using broke in half. Personally if this happens often, I'd just invest in a dehumidifier in yalls' gym.

Senior Citizens and Sunglasses

During the morning hours, there are lots of senior citizens at the gym. Two senior citizens came in, ladies with daytime outfits, purses, earings and hair done. The senior men gather socially at the beverage and energy snack bar, and they all greet each other happily - a social gathering for them. It just strikes me as odd the way they act there. Oh, and the muscle guy who walks around the whole gym in SUNGLASSES.....why? Let's all sing..........I wear my sunglasses at night...so I can...so I can

tonymcclellan said:
Not bashing the ladies but...there was a girl at the gym Saturday on the elliptical machine, probably going -1 mph for about 45 minutes. She could've went outside and walked backwards uphill faster than the pace on the machine. Then unfortuantely she went to the useless leg squeeze and outward press machine. She wasnt big, she was extremely small.

I have noticed a trend though, the ladies at my gym go from treadmill, to eliptical, to crunches, to those two "inner" thigh machines, then bike, then leave. Maybe I should inform them, I dont know.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeee!!!! Inform me. what is wrong with the inner and outer thigh machines? What's up?

actspire said:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeee!!!! Inform me. what is wrong with the inner and outer thigh machines? What's up?

They don't do much. People think they can slim down their fat thighs by playing on those machines, but you can't spot lose fat. It's an all or nothing issue. You lose body fat all around doing full-body workouts on a balanced, calorie deficit diet or eat donuts while doing bicep curls and thigh masters and tricep extenstion and wonder why you're not seeing any definition.

OH MY GOD!! I am so laughing my @$$ off !!

I just read all of these b/c I was having this really ragged morning and now its like I am in such a good mood now.

haha!!

I'm trying to think of another funny story..hmm.....

Well, I once caught this guy like off in another dimension whilst staring at my AREA ah-hem..and I was on the leg abductor/adductor..okay I know this was a 'shunned' piece of equipment!! Not trying to spot reduce! Just like the machine!!

because....I like to catch guys staring at my croch...heheheheh..:p just kidding!

Back