Couch to 5K Club

I may redo it before I go forward.

I'm with you on that one.... I will most likely redo Week 3 before moving forward myself. Especially because we're leaving Thursday to move our sailboat up north for the summer and that will take about 10 days. Can't run on a sailboat! No way, no how! When I resume I'm sure I'll need a refresher, but hopefully I'll still be able to do Week 3 and won't have to go back to Week 2.

I did Week 3/Day 2 today...even WITH the beginnings of a migraine, so I'm quite proud of myself for that.

And YAY for both of us for sticking it out this far!!! :hurray:

Those 5 minute runs scare me too!
I feel like I am gonna die doing the 3 minutes. Can't imagine doing the 5 minutes.

Im on week 5 day 1. It wasn't that bad but i don't know how im going to push through the 20 minute run at the end of the week. I am using a treadmill and it is so boring. I want to go outside but the day i did my shins hurt so bad i guess the road is just to hard for me or i don't have the right shoes.

Rubberbandman, I'm on week6day2, so I just did my 20 minute run last week. I was really nervous about it, but I did it. I mentally broke the 20 minutes into 5 minute blocks, so I wasn't counting down from 20. Just 5... 4 times! lol. It seems silly, but it helped me, maybe it can help you get to 20 minutes too!

I have just found this site and am going to get on the c25k programme.
Looking forward to reading the whole of this thread. Good luck to all of you!

I started a beginners jogging program 4 weeks ago that I read about on aboutrunning. I couldn't run to the mailbox before and now I'm running 24 out of 28 minutes. Three weeks until I should be able to run 20+ minutes straight. I'm very excited and hoping to enter a 5K in September. Now if I could just lose some weight doing it:)

YAY! you are still at it!! Im on week 4 day 3 yikessssss.. the 5 min runs are harrrd for me! I may redo it before I go forward. I have been trying to run on a slight incline so I will be prepared for the turf but last night I had to do it without an incline at all. Good to hear you are still doin your thing!

Cruce, are you still doing the C25K? Did you make it to the 20 minute run yet? GOOD LUCK. Keep us updated on your progress!

Cruce, are you still doing the C25K? Did you make it to the 20 minute run yet? GOOD LUCK. Keep us updated on your progress!

Yesss I am!! Let me tell you this was hmm this past Sunday. I was very nervous to attempt it and almost didnt because I didn't have faith! But I said you know what.. im tired of living in fear.. I did it! It wasnt as hard as I thought. I think we are way harded on ourselves.. go figure. I didn't try to overdue it. I was lucky enough to watch some food network cake challenge LOL.. so it kept my mind occupied instead of counting down the seconds. I am now on week 6, day 3.. so its a 25 min run tonight.. well, jog lol. Im very nervous.

Yesss I am!! Let me tell you this was hmm this past Sunday. I was very nervous to attempt it and almost didnt because I didn't have faith! But I said you know what.. im tired of living in fear.. I did it! It wasnt as hard as I thought. I think we are way harded on ourselves.. go figure. I didn't try to overdue it. I was lucky enough to watch some food network cake challenge LOL.. so it kept my mind occupied instead of counting down the seconds. I am now on week 6, day 3.. so its a 25 min run tonight.. well, jog lol. Im very nervous.

Don't be nervous, it sounds like you are doing WONDERFUL! I always get a little anxious before a run... and I always doubt myself, especially on my long runs. Are you signed up for any races? The 5K was a great experience for me, and I am now addicted. I have 25 weeks to train for a 10K, but I'm starting slow so this week has been pretty easy so far.

Although, I found a new course to run to run that is SUPER hilly... hopefully it will prepare for the 'ups' and 'downs' of the next race!

Don't be nervous, it sounds like you are doing WONDERFUL! I always get a little anxious before a run... and I always doubt myself, especially on my long runs. Are you signed up for any races? The 5K was a great experience for me, and I am now addicted. I have 25 weeks to train for a 10K, but I'm starting slow so this week has been pretty easy so far.

Although, I found a new course to run to run that is SUPER hilly... hopefully it will prepare for the 'ups' and 'downs' of the next race!

Well, being that I live pretty much in the pit of hades.. I WONT be running out here in Arizona! Hhahaa.. my friend asked me to run a 10 mile in DC but that was just too overwhelming for me.. its in October. its the
She is super fit though and I was having anxiety even thinking about it. Id love to eventually find a 5k maybe in San Diego or something.

I read all your posts about your run! Let me tell I got all emotional in front of my computer! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL its just so amazing!!! Keep it up and keep posting!!

Started the c25k program this week.

I'm still in the 1st week but will move on to Week 2 next week. I've been running for the past couple of months but only about a mile at a time. So when I started following the program this week it was kinda werd having to start and stop the whole time. Using the podcast is extremly helpful. It keeps me focused on the run.

I'm looking to actually run in a 5k. Only problem is with my schedule it is hard to plan out that far so I'm holding off a couple of weeks until I know what my schedule will be in the next couple of months.

I also just started C25K. Yesterday was my 2nd run of week 1. I am thinking of doing a 5K on July 11th... Woohoo!

Podcast? Gotta go back and check this out...

I also just started C25K. Yesterday was my 2nd run of week 1. I am thinking of doing a 5K on July 11th... Woohoo!

Podcast? Gotta go back and check this out...

Go to . Scroll down to the bottom of the page. There are several to choice from. You may wan't to read through them to see which one you really want to use.

Started Week 2 of the c25k. I don't like only running 3 days a week and am considering jumping it up to 5 days a week. It just feels like forever between runs, especially on the weekends. I know your supose to have a rest day inbetween but I didn't in the Army so why now.

Well, I am out for a couple weeks. I "overdid" it and irritated my medial ligaments. I am taking 800mg ibuprofen 3x a day and icing like crazy. No walking for 1 week, no running for 2. Then he suggested I do 1 week of 30 second running intervals, then move to the 60 seconds. So, I will be hoping to do a pre-week 1 starting on Sunday the 24th, re-doing week 1 the following week, and so on.

I really miss it already! But considering STAIRS hurt like hell, I am in no condition to run. :(

Oh I'm glad to find this thread. I JUST today started the Couch to 5k podcasts.

I've been working out for a while now - but I haven't done much running (it's hard when you have boobs as I'm sure a lot of you can relate to). I have a personal reason for wanting to compete in a 5k though, and so I bit the bullet today and started to train.

I am using the runners podcasts and I think it really helps to just have someone tell me when to go and when to slow down - vs having to watch the clock for myself, which makes the run seem waaaaay too long.

I've been working out for a while now - but I haven't done much running (it's hard when you have boobs as I'm sure a lot of you can relate to). I have a personal reason for wanting to compete in a 5k though, and so I bit the bullet today and started to train.

I am using the runners podcasts and I think it really helps to just have someone tell me when to go and when to slow down - vs having to watch the clock for myself, which makes the run seem waaaaay too long.

LOL had to respond to your BOOB comment! I have a problem finishing my runs.. my bra and my sports bra have found a way to rub right thru my skin and I have about a 1 inch or so rug burnish owie! It hurts like hell. Its even bled because I keep going. I only have 1 sports bra that it doesnt do that with. So much for cheap ones.

Once you get going on the program you will love it. Im still treading on week 7. Up to 25 min runs. Somedays I make it thru, other days I do not. *shrug*

Well, I am out for a couple weeks. I "overdid" it and irritated my medial ligaments. I am taking 800mg ibuprofen 3x a day and icing like crazy. No walking for 1 week, no running for 2. Then he suggested I do 1 week of 30 second running intervals, then move to the 60 seconds. So, I will be hoping to do a pre-week 1 starting on Sunday the 24th, re-doing week 1 the following week, and so on.

I really miss it already! But considering STAIRS hurt like hell, I am in no condition to run. :(

Thats gotta suck. Sorry to here about your injury Mel. I hope you have a quick and painless recovery

Hey KC welcome to your new addiction... I also love to run with the podcast. It helps take your mind off the clock and just concintrate on the run.

Back