Couch to 5K Club

Oh, bummer... I was hoping there were some other late bloomers out there like me who just found this club and are way at the beginning, too.

Well, I did Week 1/Day 2 today and feel pretty good about it! Right afterward, though, I was helping my b/f lift something that I really thought I could handle, and pulled something in my back. :cuss:

I sooooo hope that it gets better in time for Day 3... I do NOT need anything getting in my way now that I've decided to do this!!!

Hey! Im actually on day 3 of this program! I love it.. I hope your back feels better. Im always afraid of injuring myself.. yet another set back that none of us need! I had started the c25k about 2 weeks ago but I went out of town for 4 days so I restarted it :) Hope you are successful!

Hey! Im actually on day 3 of this program! I love it.. I hope your back feels better. Im always afraid of injuring myself.. yet another set back that none of us need! I had started the c25k about 2 weeks ago but I went out of town for 4 days so I restarted it :) Hope you are successful!

Hey!:seeya:

Oh, yay!!! A fellow newbie.....awesome!!! So if my back doesn't knock me out of the game for a while, we'll be able to go through it together when the goin' gets tough. And for ME, at least, I know it will. I know I am not the most overweight person to ever attempt the program, but there sure as heck can't be too many people with less running stamina than me out there. I can do the 60 seconds, but we'll see how it goes after that. I hope I don't get "held back" and have to do Remedial Week 1 a dozen times :eek: but it wouldn't shock me.

Glad you love it so far... I do too. Here's hoping it stays that way for both of us!!!

Hey!:seeya:

Oh, yay!!! A fellow newbie.....awesome!!! So if my back doesn't knock me out of the game for a while, we'll be able to go through it together when the goin' gets tough. And for ME, at least, I know it will. I know I am not the most overweight person to ever attempt the program, but there sure as heck can't be too many people with less running stamina than me out there. I can do the 60 seconds, but we'll see how it goes after that. I hope I don't get "held back" and have to do Remedial Week 1 a dozen times :eek: but it wouldn't shock me.

Glad you love it so far... I do too. Here's hoping it stays that way for both of us!!!

You and me both! I have a hard time pacing myself so I don't get burnt out. I do the brisk walk/warmup at 4.0 and run at 6.0. What speed are you going at? Bad thing is, I get down on myself if I dont stick to that running speed.

You and me both! I have a hard time pacing myself so I don't get burnt out. I do the brisk walk/warmup at 4.0 and run at 6.0. What speed are you going at? Bad thing is, I get down on myself if I dont stick to that running speed.

I have read a lot of people's posts saying the same thing, that they're concerned with their speed and all that, but lemme tell ya... I don't give a FLIP right now about what my speed is!

I know I'm jogging... :hurray: and that's all I know, and I'm pleased as punch about it. Maybe when I complete the program and can call myself an actual runner I will think about all that stuff.... (however many minute mile and all that) but until then... jogging is jogging is jogging, and as long as I'm doin' it, I'm happy! :D

I know in the shape I'm currently in I can't jog for, say, even 5 minutes straight. (Walking, hiking, biking, rollerblading I can go much longer, dunno why running has always eluded me.) When I CAN jog for 5 minutes straight (I have faith that that will happen some time in the next several weeks) I'll be in better shape than I'm in now, and to me that's what matters. (Well, hopefully getting smaller will be a by-product of that, too, who am I kidding?)

And, actually, I'm doing it old school: outside, not on a treadmill and I don't have one of those pedometer thingies that everyone's talking about yet, so I couldn't even tell you my speed.

In any case, you definitely should not get down on yourself for any reason other than if you were to, say, quit getting on the treadmill altogether and park yer butt back on the couch!

:)

FABULOUS idea!!!! I could use the fresh air too.. I guess im just so tripped on on #'s.. be it treadmill, or the stinkin scale! Totally need to renew the mind! Thank you for your input. It makes perfect sense :)

I did a week 1 podcast the other day and I really enjoyed it, so I think I might try this out :) Probably won't be starting for another week or so, though (stupid cold).

Last night started week 3 last night.. Awsome kick in the tail!!! Very challenging to run for 3 min straight. Goood grief! Felt fabulous after so I finsished up with a hard leg workout. I have a problem of looking at the timer whn on the treadmill.. im flipped my ipod over and it was much easier. Im really enjoying this program.

Last night started week 3 last night.. Awsome kick in the tail!!! Very challenging to run for 3 min straight. Goood grief! Felt fabulous after so I finsished up with a hard leg workout. I have a problem of looking at the timer whn on the treadmill.. im flipped my ipod over and it was much easier. Im really enjoying this program.

Great job! I remember those beginning weeks, but I can definitely confirm that they DO get easier!

I only run outside. I get so bored on a treadmill, even with music, or a tv... I just get bored. When I'm outside I can go forever, and I can actually SEE my destination. I'm a very visual person, so it works for me. Also, if you plan to run in a 5K at the conclusion of your program I would suggest running at a 1% or 1.5% incline on the treadmill. This will help you get use to the natural inclines you will experience outside.

my 5K is in 16 days! AHHH. I did three miles last night in 32 min 40 secs. I am really hoping for 30-31 minutes during the actual race - let's just hope it's not hilly. I am so not prepared for hills!

Great job! I remember those beginning weeks, but I can definitely confirm that they DO get easier!

I only run outside. I get so bored on a treadmill, even with music, or a tv... I just get bored. When I'm outside I can go forever, and I can actually SEE my destination. I'm a very visual person, so it works for me. Also, if you plan to run in a 5K at the conclusion of your program I would suggest running at a 1% or 1.5% incline on the treadmill. This will help you get use to the natural inclines you will experience outside.

my 5K is in 16 days! AHHH. I did three miles last night in 32 min 40 secs. I am really hoping for 30-31 minutes during the actual race - let's just hope it's not hilly. I am so not prepared for hills!

You will do fabulous! You can come far in your journey. I did run outside and wow.. what a difference. Very hard compared to the treadmill. Im not training for any run but I do want to be able to run distance just for my own personal workouts. I live in Az so in about 3 weeks I will be hiding from the heat!!!! Im going to try and do my program on the slight incline. :waving:

You will do fabulous! You can come far in your journey. I did run outside and wow.. what a difference. Very hard compared to the treadmill. Im not training for any run but I do want to be able to run distance just for my own personal workouts. I live in Az so in about 3 weeks I will be hiding from the heat!!!! Im going to try and do my program on the slight incline. :waving:

but its a dry heat lmao

I just finished my Week 5, Day 2 workout. The 5 minutes between runs actually seemed a little long. BUT, still, I am really worried about my 20 minute run on the next day! Is anyone else near this point in the program? How did you find that first long (20 minute) run??

So glad to have found a thread about the Cto5K!
I just started this week and tomorrow will be my day 3.
Really surprised myself in that I like it soooo much that I really wanted to run today, even though it is suppose to be my rest day.
Looking forward to running tomorrow. Hoping I can beat a lap count that I set on day 2.
13 laps = 1 mile
I did 23 laps (run/walk) in 25 minutes.
Would love to hit 26 laps so I can say I actually went 2 miles.

Hello all im on week 4 of this program and i find it very difficult to run the five minute runs and i just finished day 3 and i do not think im ready to move forward. Just to finish the 5 minute runs i had to slow the treadmill down to 4.5 which is almost walking. I don't think im ready to move on but i dont know what the problem is. Any tips do you think i need to start over and push myself harder. Im dreading week 6.

Hello all im on week 4 of this program and i find it very difficult to run the five minute runs and i just finished day 3 and i do not think im ready to move forward. Just to finish the 5 minute runs i had to slow the treadmill down to 4.5 which is almost walking. I don't think im ready to move on but i dont know what the problem is. Any tips do you think i need to start over and push myself harder. Im dreading week 6.

:puke: Im scared for week 4. I will be finishing up week 3 day 3 tonight. I dont know that Im even ready for a 5 min run. The 3 min intervals are still kicking my tail. I ran on a slight incline lat night to try and prepare myself for the street. :willy_nilly:

Just got back from my second try at week 2 and i feel great. I was able to do the runs. The only problem is my right knee. I do not know whats going on but when i start to run about 3 minutes into my 5 minute runs it starts to hurt a little. Not enough to make me stop but it hurts. Im going to give it another try Wed and see how it feels. I may need to lose some weight before I continue with this program. my weight might be to much pressure on my knee.

I finally started week 4 :party: I had anxiety about attempting it.. 5 minutes seems so long and I didn't want to fail :ack2: GREAT NEWS ... I DID IT :hurray: I was very impressed. The first set of the 5 minute interval seemed like forever.. the 90 second one is a cinch now :hurray: by the time the 2nd set of intervals came around I did slow it down a bit but I finished!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.. So thrilled! I dont remember when I actully was able to run that long. Tomorrow is a new day and I WILL do this again!

Well I finished the c25k programme a few weeks back, was running 30mins quite comfortably, then I got the flu, and had to cut back my runs.

I have had to step back to running 20mins for the next couple of weeks and then build again from there.

We live in a very hilly area, and so although it is a good thing because I am running up and down hills as part of my run, I do find it hard. The section of road I ran for the C25k was relatively flat (for our area anyways) with some slopes, however I get bored easily and am now running different routes, but I find I get anxious about the hills...oh well I guess I will get there.

The other thing I struggle with is expecting too much of myself too soon, I have to remember that I have only been running for a few months, and have only be running any real distance for a month...baby steps, I have to remind myself!

I'm still pluggin' along.... did Week 3/Day 1 today and made it through just fine. Now I know I can jog for 3 minutes, but that 5 minutes next week.... we'll just have to see about that! Yikes....

I've been so crazy busy, working really long days that I haven't been having time to update my Daily Plate or my diary, but I've been being good with my eating and exercise. The logging is very important, though, and I kinda miss it already, although I hadn't been doing it very long.

So far, so good! :)

I'm still pluggin' along.... did Week 3/Day 1 today and made it through just fine. Now I know I can jog for 3 minutes, but that 5 minutes next week.... we'll just have to see about that! Yikes....

I've been so crazy busy, working really long days that I haven't been having time to update my Daily Plate or my diary, but I've been being good with my eating and exercise. The logging is very important, though, and I kinda miss it already, although I hadn't been doing it very long.

So far, so good! :)

YAY! you are still at it!! Im on week 4 day 3 yikessssss.. the 5 min runs are harrrd for me! I may redo it before I go forward. I have been trying to run on a slight incline so I will be prepared for the turf but last night I had to do it without an incline at all. Good to hear you are still doin your thing!

Back