Club... 250-300?

Monster2

:driving: .......
So.. how about a club for those of us in this category? I know there's quite a few of us out there....
I'm hoping to get out of this club as soon as possible though!:smilielol5:

I'm in, although I'm 5lbs from being out! So I'll be here for a week or so..less if I really work my ass off (literally)!

well I'm in, hopefully the end of May will see me saying goodbye to you guys, no offense.:smilielol5:

btw... what is the club all about? will we discuss our goals, methods, daily feelings, or come here for additional support from those who are in the same weight range as us?

btw... what is the club all about? will we discuss our goals, methods, daily feelings, or come here for additional support from those who are in the same weight range as us?
I don't really know.. I just didn't want to be left out!!!! every other weight class seems to have a club, so I want one too, gosh darnit! :smilielol5:

Lost 6# this week. Been working my butt off to stay on track. Havnt cheated any on my meals or exrcise. If the weather stays good I can get back out and bike ride, been riding 4 miles one day then walking 3 miles the next with card.and band exrcises everyday. Sunday is my day off from working out so I'm relaxing and going to watch the nascar race today.

That's nice lowboy, well, I wish I could say that I have been good this week but I haven't. I have the flu from hell and throw in mother nature and her cruel visits with wacky cravings galore, lets just say I have been a whole lotta naughty.... yep yep.... wanted chocolate cake so bad I baked it myself.... yep, yep...., hopefully she and her evil sidekicks will depart quickly and I will beat this flu that has me so weak and will get back on track and be able to beat my craving demons as I usually could. Aargh... and I was doing so well before I go sick and can't got out early in the morning to exercise.

I know what you mean about cravings when you r sick, I have been in bed sence monday with sore throat and ear ache with fever. Today is the first day I have been up this week.

I know, doncha just hate being sick:blush5:... I don't know whats going on this week, but I'm feeling better and getting a better grip on my cravings, in other words, I'm still losing some battles, but I will win the war.:biggrinjester:

Now, if I could just work on my attitude. ;)

Answer me people, what is it about sickness and your ability to take BS that are directly proportional to each other. It's like, I'm sick, so don't give me none of your BS, because all of my pity:nopity: is so centered on only me.

Ah well, by next week I'll be back and more compassionate, hopefully:blush5:

I'm at around 270, down from 340 a little over a year ago. I've also added about fifteen pounds of muscle. I approach this from an exercise/weight lifting standpoint. Sure, it's easier to not eat a hundred calories than to burn off 100 through exercise, but it's the increased metabolism that results from exercise(especially lifting weights) where you really benefit. I do try to eat better in general(more veg, less starch, more lean protein) and I've given up what was probably about 2500 calories of alcohol a week, but I don't count calories.

Plus, having all this extra muscle makes day to day life so much easier. Almost fun, even. More muscle + less fat = a funner life.

And I still have 50 pounds or so to go. If 270 feels this good, what will 215 feel like? The only problem is I can't afford to buy new clothes. But I like having that problem.

Maybe, since this is a club--whatever that means--we can discuss the differences since we entered the club at 300 and wherever we're at now.

Of course I now realize that not everyone would have started at 300, but may have started at a lower weight. Stupid me.

Of course I now realize that not everyone would have started at 300, but may have started at a lower weight. Stupid me.

don't worry, when I joined the forum I was 299, and that was after about two or so weeks of dieting, so I know the 300+ blues, because I was there in November 2010.

I am here. As much as I hate to post this and make it no longer my "Secret" since I carry my weight well. Last time I was on a scale I weighed 271 which was a little over a week ago. I am down approximately 16 pounds so that is definitely a positive note. Currently I am really focusing on drinking more water, eating better, and re-introducing myself to my elliptical.

My problem is.. I am impatient. I have yoyo'd for YEARS, I can lose weight quickly in the beginning but then I hit the ever so common plateau and it stops me dead in my tracks. I get discouraged and end up in a downward spiral and then I am back to where I started or 5 lbs give or take.

I need.. MOTIVATION other than looking good, feeling good stories, I want both of those things, but lets face it. THIS IS HARD TO DO!!!!

My problem is.. I am impatient. I have yoyo'd for YEARS, I can lose weight quickly in the beginning but then I hit the ever so common plateau and it stops me dead in my tracks. I get discouraged and end up in a downward spiral and then I am back to where I started or 5 lbs give or take.

I need.. MOTIVATION other than looking good, feeling good stories, I want both of those things, but lets face it. THIS IS HARD TO DO!!!!

I know how you feel I am the same way too. My friends and family always tell me how easy it is for me to lose weight. And it is true, my problem usually is that by the time I have lose about 15-20lbs I get bored, the compliments go to my head and I stop.

I have broken the 30lb mark, and for a while there I was waffling, February was a real trial for me, I was losing the weight, but not fast enough for me. Yeah the compliments and the looks were great, but I lost my motivation, THANK GOD, its returning, slowly but surely.

I keep trying to tell myself to keep my eye on the prize, but somedays its just so darn hard.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way, thanks goodness I'm not. Well if you ever need to vent, welcome to the club, I'll join you as I know exactly how you feel.:willy_nilly:

Haha well thanks Transparent, even though it sucks that you know what I am talking about, I am glad you actually get it!

Hey Bella :)

Im currently weighing in at about 273
or some where in the low 270s...

My goal is 160. Hope to see you all on the way down with me :)

Im currently weighing in at about 273
or some where in the low 270s...

My goal is 160. Hope to see you all on the way down with me :)

Hi Bella welcome to the club, I see we almost have the same amount of total weight loss goal in mind.

Good luck with it...:biggrinjester:

Back