Club 180s

I'm just starting off with my weightloss today,, So I've decided to join this club- I'm 187 right now... and I already cant wait to be in the 170s club!! :willy_nilly:

Good luck everyone. Happy to be joining the 180s club. At 189 lbs now. The real challenge will be getting to the 170s club since I haven't been eligible in about 5 years! But it's going to happen this time! Meanwhile I'm happy to hang out here with you guys!

Guys I'm really really down. I was hoping to be out of this club by yesterday and as it looks, I'll probably still be in here fro the next 2 weeks :( I'm working on the motivation by increasing the exercise...hope I can keep it up!

I've been in the 180s for a looooong time. I'm now at 183 and I'm hoping to move to the 170s in the next week or two :) Good luck to everyone!

Argh... hit a plateau at 187... might be here for awhile too but it would help if I stopped eating out...

Looking at the bright side though - I'm still in this club and not in the 190s!

I weighed in this morning at 182.6 I'm 5'6 and would like to be down to 150lbs. I do get on the treadmill a few times a week, i know it should be more....I'm also struggling with eating everything in the house. Is there something out there to get me motivated???? I should be motivated I have my 25th high school reunion in May.....Help. I don't feel like going when I look/feel fat.

I look at it this way.. motivation comes from within.. either you want to lose it or you don't.. You can look for and gain inspiration from others who have succeeded in their weightloss. But that motivation has to come from you..

Think of all the reasons you want to lose weight.. keep a diary of everything u eat, how you feel etc. If u have been thin before, get those pictures out. Or maybe a certain person from a magazine.. Take pictures of yourself in for example your goal jeans. and imagine how you would look if they fit! These are just some things that help me. make your goals realistic.

If possible, replace all the junky foods in your house with healthier snacks.
I know its hard in the beginning with whats healthy and whats not, and there are many threads here, nutrition, recipes,etc.I am having a hard time myself.

Good luck to ya :)

Hey Makena,

Don't give up hope! If your goal is to lose weight before the reunion you might be putting too much pressure on yourself - would it help to make smaller goals? Like working out a little more, changing your eating habits in certain areas, etc? Maybe start with a goal weight loss of 5-10lbs? That should get things jump-started and once you do that, chances are you will want to keep going.

I am not reaching my goal that I had intended for my vacation in less than two weeks (I started after Christmas), but I am staying positive because my clothes still fit better, I feel better than if I had not done anything, people are noticing and complimenting me, and I know that if I keep up with this, long after my vacation is over, for all the future reunions, vacations, or whatever... I won't have to feel embarrassed ever again just because my clothes don't fit or because I look fat in my formerly sexy little black dress. That's what keeps me motivated. In fact I'm holding onto that dress and when I accomplish my goals I am going to go out and celebrate in that dress!

As for eating everything in the house, that's not as bad a thing if it's a house stocked with healthy food only.

Good luck!

Woohoo! Halfway to the next club - my scale read 184 for the first time. Then I ate dinner and went up a lb. but I'm still excited to see that number for the first time in 3 years!

184 is the dreaded mark, the weight where I've always given up before- but I'm more confident this time... have to believe I can do it.

Woohoo! Halfway to the next club - my scale read 184 for the first time. Then I ate dinner and went up a lb. but I'm still excited to see that number for the first time in 3 years!

184 is the dreaded mark, the weight where I've always given up before- but I'm more confident this time... have to believe I can do it.

:party: Woooo!! Great gob!!! Keep on going you can do it..You were almost 200 i see on your ticker, and now in the 180's.. very close to 70's!!

Thanks, I actually dropped another 2 lbs today. Might be temporary but after holding at the same weight for 5 frustrating days, I'm going to enjoy it. It looks like you're officially back in the 180s club! Congrats!!! Stick around for awhile (not too long though lol).

:party:

Finally in the 180s!!!!!!!

I know I've only just got in but I am very excited. Feel like this weight loss is all in the right direction - thank god - wanting to be out of the 180s in 3/4 weeks. Don't want to get too cosy here!

New Here!

I am new to this site, I currently weigh 185 looking to lose 50 lb in 6 months...
Hope I can get some motivation from this site.

Back