Cate's Diary

Thanks, Em. I got through a day with G not here, without snacking at all. Yay!
I have woken up with a sore throat, headache & Asthma so will not be going to golf today. I am going to spend the day doing very little I think. I feel that I caught a cold on Sunday morning.

Thanks, Llama. It's always a test.
I'm glad I stayed at home. I have fallen asleep a couple of times & it's a miserable, drizzly, cold day.

Thanks, Em. I got through a day with G not here, without snacking at all. Yay!
I have woken up with a sore throat, headache & Asthma so will not be going to golf today. I am going to spend the day doing very little I think. I feel that I caught a cold on Sunday morning.
Oh no--too bad about the cold. Stay cozy and warm. Maybe with a good book?

Some days are just made for recovery. Or food prep, if you don't have an amazingly talented husband :p
I'm really glad I didn't go as it ended up being a cold & miserable day. We did get a dog walk in before the rain- just. Not a lot got done & I fell asleep numerous times.
Oh no--too bad about the cold. Stay cozy and warm. Maybe with a good book?
Thanks, Liza. I did read half of a book, but I can't say I'm enjoying it. "tiny uncertain miracles" by Michelle Johnston. I must have read a book review somewhere. I'm finding it boring. I'll finish it though as it's the only unread book I have in the house.
Sometimes those kinds of days are a great excuse to just take the rest. Hope the cold clears up fast!
Thanks, Em. I hope so too. I woke up feeling very ordinary again. It does feel like a head cold rather than the flu though 🤞

I consumed 1400 cals yesterday & will weigh again tomorrow.
BF was a small toastie that I had made for golf. I'm not sure what G has planned for lunch or dinner, but one meal will include some tuna & avocado(a salad?) & the other will be based on baked & steamed veggies.

Hi Cate, I am sorry you are not feeling well! Glad you got in a walk with Archie! It also sounds like you are really back on track with a healthy diet, well done you!!! :)

Thanks, Jen. Thanks for thinking of me when you are grieving :grouphug:
Lunch was a tuna salad with some warm veggies & GF pasta, followed by a dollop of Greek yoghurt & berries.
Dinner is going to be chicken curry, rice & veggies.
Archie has an upset stomach again. It has been a bit dodgy since he got back from the kennels. It may be something he ate there. If it continues I'll take him to the vet. He has always had a sensitive stomach.

Off to town to see my cardio today & then lunch with A & M.
Archie's stomach has settled & he's fine again.

Thanks, Em. We had a really good day yesterday. I had to wait for an hour & a half to see my cardio but he was really happy with my heart health. My BP was good (115/71) so I didn't need to show him my home readings. He was really happy to hear that I'm back playing golf again. It was a really positive visit.
We had a nice time with A & M. It was her birthday yesterday & G bought her a little bucket of fancy chocolates while he was waiting for me at the cardio. We did a little shopping in between & along the way home.
We went back into our local town & had our annual flu vax. We both have a head cold but it's no worse.
G is off to golf soon & I'll take Arch for a good walk today, but will spend the day at home. I didn't have any perfume exposures yesterday, but wore my mask for most of the day.

Thanks, Em. We had a really good day yesterday. I had to wait for an hour & a half to see my cardio but he was really happy with my heart health. My BP was good (115/71) so I didn't need to show him my home readings. He was really happy to hear that I'm back playing golf again. It was a really positive visit.
That's great about the positive visit to your cardio. It must be also nice for him to see someone doing so well and having such a healthy lifestyle!
Glad you had a nice visit with your friends too and that Archie's back to normal.

Wonderful news that all is well with your health! And yay that Archie is feeling better too! Enjoy your quiet day at home, hope the cold is gone soon! :grouphug:

Thanks, Liza & Jen (& Tru & Vic) :grouphug:
It was excellent that my cardiologist was so happy with how I'm going & nice to have a few laughs with him. The waiting room was filled with people who seemed so unhealthy. I only just realised that the morning appointment time I had was usually only for people who were seeing him for the first time.
It is such a relief that Archie is back to his usual self. I think it may have been the food he ate at the kennels. I'll bring his usual food next time he goes there.
G & his golfing partner won a special event yesterday at the golf club & their names will go up on the honours board. I am really thrilled for them both!
My cold is no better, but no worse. I tested myself yesterday for covid, just to make sure, but it was negative :)

The right health care provider makes all the difference, if I am too anxious, then I will surely put off going! Glad you found someone who is both medically competent, but also able to share some laughs! 😊 Yay for G, how nice!! I am glad you aren't feeling worse at least, and that it isn't covid! Sounds like Archie snuggle time is in order! xo

Thanks, Jen. The right health care provider makes the world of difference. I really like this guy & feel that I am in capable hands. Keeping my BP down is the key to my aneurysm not becoming life-threatening. He stressed that I should never lift things that are at all heavy, especially in front of me.
I have had some lovely snuggle time with Arch & just took him for a half hour, slowish walk.

Back