Cate's Diary

I hope Labour win too Cate and you get to celebrate!

I have signed up to do Dry July this year
Good for you, hope get that bubbly drunk soon.
I put our only bottle of French bubbles in the fridge because if Labour wins the elections today G & I will celebrate tomorrow with French bubbles! I am feeling quietly confident, but very nervous.
I know nothing of your politics, but I hope your side wins! You seem a reasonable lady, I am pretty sure you are right! And it could give you an early start to your Dry July.
I think we need to know we can look nice, even if that size is more than we would like. My self-esteem has been suffering a bit & these clothes will be a boost.
I am sure both of you look nice, at your current sizes!
I felt really shabby on our last weekend away.
You shouldn't, but I know that is more about how you are feeling than how you look.

It looks like labor won! Hope you had an uproariously happy celebration! I know what you mean about feeling awkward in old clothes. I really need a bunch of new clothes, too. Glad you found nice things that match your other outfits, too! Are you headed for Queensland soon?

Go Labour! For humanity and French bubbles!
YAY!!!!!!!! Labor won!!!!!!!! 🥳
I hope Labour win too Cate and you get to celebrate!
Oh, they did & we will tonight! 🍾 🥂 I am so happy this morning!
Good for you, hope get that bubbly drunk soon.
Today :)
I know nothing of your politics, but I hope your side wins! You seem a reasonable lady, I am pretty sure you are right! And it could give you an early start to your Dry July.
I'll start working up to it, Rob, but a very social week in Queensland will probably have me wanting to start early anyway.
I am sure both of you look nice, at your current sizes!
You shouldn't, but I know that is more about how you are feeling than how you look.
Thank you, Rob. How you think you look is so important for self-esteem & I will feel much better in some smart clothes.
It looks like labor won! Hope you had an uproariously happy celebration! I know what you mean about feeling awkward in old clothes. I really need a bunch of new clothes, too. Glad you found nice things that match your other outfits, too! Are you headed for Queensland soon?
I really feel so happy this morning. Our country should now start to be a more humane place. I felt shame at the old government's policies. Anthony Albanese, our new PM is a really good human being. No politician should be feeling smug today. So many greens & so many independents with very green policies won seats off both major parties yesterday. We will see some really good decisions being made.
Straight up he said
"I begin by acknowledging the traditional owners of the land on which we meet. I pay my respects to their elders past, present and emerging. And on behalf of the Australian Labor Party, I commit to the Uluru Statement from the heart in full."
At long last, our indigenous people will have a voice in parliament. I think our country is ready to see real commitment to action on climate change, treating refugees with respect, tackling homelessness & genuinely looking toward a better future. The people have spoken.

Did I say that I feel really happy? :beating:

Thank you, Rob. How you think you look is so important for self-esteem & I will feel much better in some smart clothes.
And in turn when I feel like I look decent I'm more inclined to treat and feed myself well instead of like trash.

I really feel so happy this morning. Our country should now start to be a more humane place.

It was definitely celebration time in our household last night, even though our electorate went the wrong way. There is a lot to look forward to with Albo in charge, not just the indigenous issues but the way we treat our elderly, gender issues and actually taking climate change seriously and a whole host of other issues. It will be a big task to fix it all.

I am happy that your Labor party won!

As I said I know nothing of Tasmanian or Australian politics, but I do trust your judgement and Tru's, so I think the right thing happened.

That sounds amazing! I always wish the Native Americans here could get representation in our government. And so wonderful about the environmental issues, as well! He seems like a really good guy. Happy celebrating! 🥂

That sounds amazing! I always wish the Native Americans here could get representation in our government. And so wonderful about the environmental issues, as well! He seems like a really good guy. Happy celebrating! 🥂
Marsia, when my husband met him he said Albo was great to talk to when he visited the flood cleanup. He is not a politician born with a silver spoon so has real empathy with people.

Marsia, when my husband met him he said Albo was great to talk to when he visited the flood cleanup. He is not a politician born with a silver spoon so has real empathy with people.
Wow, someone in touch with the people!! Please send all his friends and relations to the US - we really need people like that here!

Sadly the good people in politics often burn themselves out while the bad ones stay in for decades, unbothered. May he remain untouched by the grossness of it all!

Back