Cate's Diary

Glad the meds are helping you some. Allergies suck.
I'm not sure if it's the extra AH or the echinacea(or something else) but I'm glad I'm not as snuffly.
Your müsli sounds delicious and a pub painting class would be such fun!
My muesli combo is as much or more yoghurt as anything else, but all combined it's very satisfying.
I think the pub painting class would be fun. M hasn't replied to my message about the dates. Maybe she's having second thoughts. I think I'll go anyway, even if she doesn't. I could ask G2 instead. It would be more fun to go along with someone else, even though I know I will know others there.
My food has been good & I have been walking quite a bit. It's very damp & chilly & I have been aching a lot. Oh, well. It's almost winter. May it speed by.......

I agree about the painting thing being more fun with another friend. So happy you are back on track with food and exercise, and that the allergies are getting better. I'll check out the electric mouse traps. Sounds more humane hopefully.

LaMa, the muesli wouldn't come out because it was put in a bin meant for small bulk beans or grains, and the oats being crammed in actually jammed the opening. The ingredients were good though, so next time I go, I'll get help with it so I can join the muesli club!

I agree about the painting thing being more fun with another friend.
I think so. It will be fun. I heard back this morning & she's keen on a date I suggested in August.
So happy you are back on track with food and exercise, and that the allergies are getting better. I'll check out the electric mouse traps. Sounds more humane hopefully.
I think the traps should be more humane as they get zapped.
LaMa, the muesli wouldn't come out because it was put in a bin meant for small bulk beans or grains, and the oats being crammed in actually jammed the opening. The ingredients were good though, so next time I go, I'll get help with it so I can join the muesli club!
Imagine how healthy we'll all be! I'll do another mix for tomorrow I think as the yoghurt has been there for aaages.
I took Arch for a 2.5 km walk after lunch. I have been half packing for our week away doing a little each day. I have dyed a few of our navy slacks & they turned out well. I'm only taking blue & things that go with blue. I'll try on the capris etc tomorrow. 🤞 they still fit :eek:

Does anything not go with blue? Best of luck for the capris!
I suppose not. I tried thinking of colours that didn't go with blue & struggled. Maybe it's just that I have never worn much blue. I only have 2 pairs of respectable capris & one pair fitted. They're my favourites anyway as they are navy pinstriped.

I am still half asleep. G is playing golf & has to drive 120 km return so when he snored his head off last night I went & got in the spare queen bed. It was cold but also I just felt wide awake. I didn't get much sleep. I can have a nap today.

I like your blue period! I think a lot goes with dark blue, but light blue is a fussy color to match things with. Glad your favorite capris fitted! What sort of dye do you use? I haven't dyed things for ages because the last few things I dyed were not colorfast and no matter how much vinegar you used, they bled dye and you had to wash them separately. Which is a shame because I want to try the Japanese blue and white dying techniques where they sew the cloth together in nice patterns before dying, and it comes out pretty regular patterns.

I hate when J keeps me up all night - usually he chews in his sleep. I hope you get a wonderful nap, and a nice time with the packing!

I like your blue period! “
I do too. That section of my wardrobe is pleasing to the eye.
I think a lot goes with dark blue, but light blue is a fussy color to match things with. Glad your favorite capris fitted! What sort of dye do you use? I haven't dyed things for ages because the last few things I dyed were not colorfast and no matter how much vinegar you used, they bled dye and you had to wash them separately. Which is a shame because I want to try the Japanese blue and white dying techniques where they sew the cloth together in nice patterns before dying, and it comes out pretty regular patterns.
I used navy blue RIT dye. You should use a different one for cotton & synthetics but I only had one pair of synthetic pants & couldn’t be bothered. I think they will be the ones that might not be colourfast.
I hate when J keeps me up all night - usually he chews in his sleep. I hope you get a wonderful nap, and a nice time with the packing!
I had a nap at about 10 am! 😳 but that was enough to give me the energy to take Arch for a walk.
I’m a bit hungry & will have dolmades & bits & pieces for lunch soon.
I think I’ll probably have a second nap after lunch.

Hope you got caught up on sleep! You are right, when I used RIT dye in the past it stayed colorfast! I'll do that again. Good idea to re-dye your jeans! And please give Archie a little hug for me!

Hope you got caught up on sleep!
Sure did, M. I think I only woke once & I got about 8.5 hrs, not counting dropping off a few times briefly during the evening.
You are right, when I used RIT dye in the past it stayed colorfast! I'll do that again. Good idea to re-dye your jeans!
I really do try to extend the life of my clothes (anything really) & they came up looking almost as new.
And please give Archie a little hug for me!
He's curled up on a chair opposite me as I have the laptop on my lap. My lap is his favourite spot. I'll give him an extra hug soon :grouphug: 🐶 :grouphug:

This time in 4 days we'll be at the airport :eek:

I just tried the calculator and it says I needn't lose weight. I'm techbically slightly in the yellow but if I keep my weight and wait a couple of year I'll slide into the green automatically. It's great to hear my current weight doesn't elevate my health risks but I've been trying to lose weight or maintain at a low level for so long I don't even know how to process...

Wow, funny, this puts me just in the overweight category, not obese like other calculators would. It's good to know, but I have that classic muffin top big gut thing that I really do need to lose regardless.

So happy you're going to have a nice warm vacation! Can't wait to hear all about it!

It's minus 1oC here this morning & the warmth of Queensland is looking more appealing, M. I am at the nervous stage though. I'll try to pack today. I have most things sorted.
My avatar today is a cartoon drawn by Nordacious after our ex PM, Scott Morrison called Anthony Albanese, our new PM :party: a "loose unit". He meant it to be very derogatory, but it was just the boost needed to help change his image from just another boring politician to "loose unit Albo". It made him look cool! :coolgleamA: Better still for Albanese, the PM’s ill-fated insult was a result of the former’s backing a 5.1 per cent increase to the minimum wage, a rise which would merely keep up with inflation.
I love this & ordered some stickers, which have just arrived. I'm not sure where I'll put them yet. Most of our Tassie friends are Liberal (very conservative) voters & have no idea that we are definitely not. It's probably best that they don't know as we may not stay friends. We are much more tolerant than most of them.

I love the Albo avatar, have you seen the "sit down boofhead" T-shirts ?

Very conservative area where I am also, the LNP member increased his margin :( and lots of One Nation and Palmer supporters but I don't care if people here know I don't hold the same anti climate change etc. etc. views. I also voted for the legalise cannabis party in the senate, they came close to knocking Pauline out.

I don't understand how you can be 'anti-climate change.' How has looking after the planet become a political statement?

Don't get me started on the vegans who think they are saving the planet by getting avocados shipped over from Mexico. Both sides veer on the ridiculous at the best of times.

Hi Cate! Can you use your nervous energy to research where you want to go? Also don't forget that excitement and nervousness can look and feel similarly, so maybe you are a blend of excited and nervous!

So happy you have a leader you are proud of. We have had so many duds over here. I am a weird mix of ultra green, but want everyone to have their rights and religious freedoms and hate partisan politics where only one side gets their needs met. I am hoping there is reincarnation and those people who weren't tolerant of the other side get to see what that's like next life. I was raised by both fierce liberals and fierce conservatives, so I am a mix, I guess. But we all believe in real ecology, and I agree with Em, why can't at least that draw us all together?!

I don't understand how you can be 'anti-climate change.' How has looking after the planet become a political statement?
Neither do I but there is no shortage of climate change deniers in regional Australia even more so in regional QLD, I am not one of them but I am certainly in the minority in my region and it is very much a political issue here.

Back