Cate's Diary

Cheers!

My feet & legs prefer uphill walking, LaMa, but my lungs not so much.
Thanks, Em. I did another walk in the afternoon so had a fairly energetic day. My new hiking shoes are really good.
I had a bit of a moment last night. G had been at golf all day & then at pool last night. It's a dangerous thing for me, I am never to buy chips again. I had a 75 g packet of sour cream & chive rice cracker curly things in the pantry that screamed out at me last night & I just caved in. I kidded myself that I could just eat some, but of course, demolished the lot. They are so bloody addictive & moreish. I was so thirsty during the night! I am never buying them again.
I prepped an overnight muesli/yoghurt/fruit & nut layered thingy & it was delicious. I'll tweak it a bit next time. I'll add some more seeds & nuts or maybe just a little more muesli & a bit less yoghurt.
Today I am going to eat very cleanly & drink lots and lots of water.

Oh, sorry you had a run in with chips. I've had to stop buying a few things that J and K love to eat because I'll devour them if they are in the house and I'm in the wrong mood. Hopefully the extra exercise will take care of it! Ok, now I really really have to try making muesli once I can unpack. Hope you are having an excellent food day!!

Chips are a clear example of things that are almost impossible to stop esting until they're all gone. I once read it's to do with the excitement of the crunch but I think it's mostly the carbs/fat/salt combination.

Oh, sorry you had a run in with chips. I've had to stop buying a few things that J and K love to eat because I'll devour them if they are in the house and I'm in the wrong mood. Hopefully the extra exercise will take care of it! Ok, now I really really have to try making muesli once I can unpack. Hope you are having an excellent food day!!
I am, thanks, Marsia. I have had a headache & very little energy today& I actually did a rapid antigen test, which thankfully was negative. I had 3 Ryvita biscuits with tuna & avocado, garlic, chilli & a little mayo for lunch & have had 2 oranges. I feel I could eat oranges nonstop at the moment. I feel a bit run down.
Chips are a clear example of things that are almost impossible to stop esting until they're all gone. I once read it's to do with the excitement of the crunch but I think it's mostly the carbs/fat/salt combination.
They are evil, addictive little suckers, LaMa & I won't buy them again! :svengo:

I think I will try to have a nap. My headache is receding.

Yesterday- After lunch, I drank a pot of peppermint tea, had a nap, and then read & when G rang to say he was on his way home I took Arch for a second walk. I had another orange in the afternoon & more fruit after dinner & pulled out the echinacea to take for the next week. Whenever I feel like I'm coming down with a cold I take it for one week. I'll buy some more oranges tomorrow as I feel I really need them.
I have a slight headache this morning again & my Asthma is playing up. I keep smelling mould everywhere. My nose is so sensitive at the moment. Autumn is worse for me than Spring.

Do you have fungus spore allergies, too? That would suck so much!
I think I must, LaMa. I also think I am allergic to mouse poo & droppings as we're having an influx of mice & my asthma has been bad. We had a blitz yesterday. I have been getting a mouse a day & have traps set everywhere. I feel like I have the mouldy smell stuck up my nose!
We're going out to lunch today with A & M in town. A, M & myself have had birthdays in the last 9 days. We'll leave Arch at home. We have a couple of things to pick up as well. I'll take an esky bag & some ice bricks & we'll buy some sushi to have for dinner tonight.

Mice are smart little buggers and prefer not to stay out in the cold this time of year. Can't blame them but I also don't blame you for taking counter measures.

I have been getting a mouse a day. It really is getting very chilly overnight here.

We had a nice day yesterday in town, with A & M. We went back to their place after lunch as G is borrowing a travel bag that can fit his golf clubs & his clothes in next week.
The sushi was delicious, as was our Chinese lunch, which was simple & not too big. Once again M & I got on really well & I asked her if she wanted to go to a painting class at our local pub, where you have bubbles, cheese & bickies & have an art class. I have been tempted to go for a bit of a laugh as I am so far from being artistic, but I still thought it would be fun. She said yes & I am tickled pink. Her husband was in shock. "I can't believe that C has talked you into going to an art class!" You could tell he was really pleased. I hope we get to do it. He can drive her out, G can drive me in & they can have a game of golf while we paint (etc).
I have been experimenting with breakfast muesli combinations & this morning's was delicious. I layered greek yoghurt, muesli, stewed rhubarb/nashi pear, almond meal, crushed nuts(not many) & sprinkled some cacao buds on top. This is so convenient. I need to get the amount right though. The first day was too big & today's was too small.

I have been experimenting with breakfast muesli combinations & this morning's was delicious. I layered greek yoghurt, muesli, stewed rhubarb/nashi pear, almond meal, crushed nuts(not many) & sprinkled some cacao buds on top. This is so convenient. I need to get the amount right though. The first day was too big & today's was too small.
Sounds scrumptious!

Oh, I am so jealous, both on the art and on the muesli counts. I was in my health food store today, spotted muesli in the bulk section, got all excited, and ... none would come out of the container. It was so full it was stuck! Your muesli combos sound delicious!! A painting class with champaign and snacks sounds divine. Can I come, too?!

I just noticed that the room I am putting our spare food in it has evidence of mice - insulation on the floor that came out of insulated ducting. So will go get food safe buckets so I am not feeding micies and when J comes, he can take care of the mouse traps without crying and getting all traumatized.

Anyway, glad you had a nice time with friends and good food, too!

Sounds scrumptious!
It was. Next time I'll add some pistachios, almonds & brazil nuts on the top layer. First I'll roughly chop a container of them so that they're more convenient. My pantry looks very healthy & I have a lovely collection of nuts & seeds. I'll also add pumpkin & sunflower seeds to the mix. There's something very satisfying about this breakfast- visually, nutrition-wise & also the combination of tastes & textures. I do need to find a suitable jar though- one that is visually pleasing & also the right size.
Oh, I am so jealous, both on the art and on the muesli counts. I was in my health food store today, spotted muesli in the bulk section, got all excited, and ... none would come out of the container. It was so full it was stuck! Your muesli combos sound delicious!!
Oh, that sucks!
A painting class with champaign and snacks sounds divine. Can I come, too?!
That would be so much fun! I have to get over my total lack of confidence that I have any artistic ability at all though. :blush5: A glass of champagne will help :)
I just noticed that the room I am putting our spare food in it has evidence of mice - insulation on the floor that came out of insulated ducting. So will go get food safe buckets so I am not feeding micies and when J comes, he can take care of the mouse traps without crying and getting all traumatized.
You can get "electric" mouse traps which I am tempted to get, but they are battery operated.
Anyway, glad you had a nice time with friends and good food, too!
Thanks. It was lovely & I am not struggling to breathe today. I doubled my anti-histamine dose yesterday & that may have done the trick. I'll keep that up until we get back from Queensland.

Glad the meds are helping you some. Allergies suck.
Your müsli sounds delicious and a pub painting class would be such fun!

I was in my health food store today, spotted muesli in the bulk section, got all excited, and ... none would come out of the container. It was so full it was stuck!
I don't think it would do that unless it was sugary? Then moist air would make it clump. Always check the ingredients on the ready-made stuff.

Back