Cate's Diary

I love the Albo avatar, have you seen the "sit down boofhead" T-shirts ?
Yes. I love it & the "not today Scomo" (Grace set a cat amongst the pigeons) & "Google it mate". I have loved them all! I'm still on a bit of a high from the elections. It's wonderful that the ALP has a majority.
I don't understand how you can be 'anti-climate change.' How has looking after the planet become a political statement?
It's impossible to understand, Em.
Hi Cate! Can you use your nervous energy to research where you want to go? Also don't forget that excitement and nervousness can look and feel similarly, so maybe you are a blend of excited and nervous!
I think it's as much excitement as anything. I have packed my bag now & feel good about it.
So happy you have a leader you are proud of.
I think he's a very good person who will do a lot of good.
Neither do I but there is no shortage of climate change deniers in regional Australia
Or regional Tasmania. We have lots of "greenie haters" still. We kept our views quiet coming from inner-city Melbourne to very rural Tasmania. We would have lost many customers if they had known our views.

I am having a good day. I packed this morning, had a delicious frittata lunch & took Arch for a 2.25 km walk & am having a pot of tea with G. We're getting our 2nd covid booster shot tomorrow.

Sounds like a lovely day indeed. Enjoy!

had another look at the BMI calculator that inputs both age & sex
I do think this calculator is better than just the BMI thing. Puts me right in the middle of the green, but if I go by BMI I am about 5 pounds into overweight. Reading your thread I see others have a similar thing. I hope it is right, and I think it probably is.
I don't understand how you can be 'anti-climate change.'
Oh, I am "anti-climate change", but isn't that kind of like being anti-high tide? LOL, I get what you mean. What is going on with climate can be hard to really understand. However, I have no doubt it has and is getting warmer, at least partly, and perhaps mostly as a result of human causes. What to do about it is even harder to figure out... Climate change has happened slowly, and even if we were to stop putting out greenhouse gases I think any benefits will be slow to appear.
We're getting our 2nd covid booster shot tomorrow.
Good for you, got my 2nd a few months back. Have not heard if there will be a 3rd, or something else.

Thanks, Rob & M.
I'll be pleased to get our 4th shot today. So many people we know have covid, including R our younger son, who is hunkered down with his dog. He has had care packages dropped off to him by friends.
This time tomorrow we'll have dropped Arch off at the kennels & we'll be waiting at the airport for our first flight.
I changed my avatar to an Eastern Spinbill. We're seeing them every day in the pineapple sage. They're such pretty little birds & they hover like humming birds.

Wow, have a wonderful time!!!! So sorry to hear about R. I hope it's a very mild case. I think I may have seen this bird here. They are so quick, I may be mistaken though. Beautiful!

I’ll be reading everyone’s posts but probably not commenting. I’m being taken shopping for some more summer clothes soon by one of the wives who I hadn’t met before. I really like her. M & I are both going. It’s very hot & I need more. I only have one pair of capris & I have them on. They’re navy & white stripes & I love them. Some plain blue would be good.

Oooh new threads!

Back