Cate's Diary

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a lovely one! 🌷..🌹..🌺..🌸..🌼..🌻..🌞..🌻..🌼..🌸..🌺..🌹..🌷

Attachments

• 374515-Vintage-Nature-Happy-Birthday-Gif.gif
    374515-Vintage-Nature-Happy-Birthday-Gif.gif
    336.7 KB · Views: 3
Thank you LaMa, Marsia, Vic & Floater :grouphug:
I heard from R last night, after a 10 hour shift, but I think it's the first time that our son, D has forgotten. I got a call from an old friend yesterday, which was a lovely surprise & I had a lovely call from my brother.
We're heading soon for G's dentist's ap't.

Yay indeed. I felt really shabby when we went to Hobart & now I have a couple of really smart outfits.
I’m going to have a trying on day next Tuesday while G is at golf & will start packing for Queensland.
Perfume sucks :svengo:

I quite like perfume but I like it in tiny quantities. If people stuck to those you probably wouldn't even have developed allergies.

I quite like perfume but I like it in tiny quantities. If people stuck to those you probably wouldn't even have developed allergies.
Who knows, LaMa? I know after I have had a major reaction from a crazy number of perfumes all at once, like I did in Hobart, that I react to any/all!

Yay indeed. I felt really shabby when we went to Hobart & now I have a couple of really smart outfits.
I’m going to have a trying on day next Tuesday while G is at golf & will start packing for Queensland.
Perfume sucks :svengo:
Don't forget to pack a raincoat ;)

Who knows, LaMa? I know after I have had a major reaction from a crazy number of perfumes all at once, like I did in Hobart, that I react to any/all!
That's normal, I think. I get more sensitive to basically everything for a while after major reactions as well.

I'll be pleased when it settles down again, LaMa, hopefully before getting on a plane to Queensland. I'll try to stay home as much as possible.
I feel much better after buying some clothes for winter that I feel nice in. Sure I had to go up a size, but I really did feel good in them & won't feel shabby next time I go out for lunch. Everything I bought yesterday matches & also match things I already have.
I have signed up to do Dry July this year & will raise money for Cancer research. (If anyone wants to donate something small PM me & I'll share the link). It will kill 2 birds with one stone. I will have a serious re-set starting in July. Meanwhile, I will still try to drop a kilo before we fly to Q'L.
I got side-tracked & realised I hadn't posted this so will now :)

I feel much better after buying some clothes for winter that I feel nice in. Sure I had to go up a size, but I really did feel good in them & won't feel shabby next time I go out for lunch.
Same. Sure, I'd prefer to be back in my slim clothes but the heartache of hating my mirror image is a stressor I really don't need in my life.

That's great about the new clothes Cate. I am hoping to have a similar experience this week, as I have this work event that I need to look halfway decent for.

Dry July sounds great, will definitely donate. :)

Same. Sure, I'd prefer to be back in my slim clothes but the heartache of hating my mirror image is a stressor I really don't need in my life.
I think we need to know we can look nice, even if that size is more than we would like. My self-esteem has been suffering a bit & these clothes will be a boost. I felt really shabby on our last weekend away.
That's great about the new clothes Cate. I am hoping to have a similar experience this week, as I have this work event that I need to look halfway decent for.
Will you buy something new?
Dry July sounds great, will definitely donate. :)
Thanks, Em. I'll PM you the link. Do you fancy joining me?

I am having a good day today. We went to the tip this morning(we take an elderly neighbour's recycling too) & won't need to again for a month or so. We did some shopping in town, I got a few library books, returned a rabid religious letter to where it came from, with a firm but polite note and took Arch for a couple of short walks. We both just took him for a 1.5 km walk through our bush. Yay for it not being snake weather. Had a delicious rabbit curry for lunch & we're about to have lamb chops(our own) & veg for dinner.
I put our only bottle of French bubbles in the fridge because if Labour wins the elections today G & I will celebrate tomorrow with French bubbles! I am feeling quietly confident, but very nervous.

Back