Cate's Diary

Hope you have a lovely trip, and glad you got good shoes for it. I love buying comfortable hiking shoes. Your breakfast sounds so good, and great you didn't even need to break the boots in before they were comfortable! It sounds like you are back on track!! Yay!

Thanks, M. I probably won't wear my hiking shoes around the city & will stick with my very comfortable Krotens. I'll take my hiking shoes though. I do feel back on track again :)
I just did a postal vote & that felt good to get it done early. I really hope we have a change of government. 🤞
It's raining at the moment so I'm glad I got that walk in. I am going to wear my shoes each day for my walks & even though they do feel comfortable I will still break them in. Hopefully, I'll get another walk in about an hour from now. Tomorrow Arch is going into the kennels for 2 nights. I really don't like putting him in the kennels, but they are lovely.

It didn’t stop raining, but Arch was happy to spend most of the afternoon on my lap. Since I got rid of my old recliner he spends a lot more time on my lap on my chair. He’s there now & I didn’t have the heart to get my laptop out as he’ll be at the kennels in a couple of hours. I’m not sure who will miss who the most 🐶🥰

Awww, sorry you have to put Archie in the kennel. At least it's just a couple of days! I hate when I have to wiggle when Lumi is snuggled up with me and it makes her leave. I know what you mean. I hope all goes well with your elections! And so glad you're back on track!

Hi, M. We were almost in Hobart when we got a call to say that golf tomorrow is cancelled! Depending on A & M we may go home tomorrow as the weather is awful. We wouldn’t have to pay for the second night here if I cancel soon. We’re waiting to see them & see what they have planned. I hate it when things are up in the air.

The more carrot than stick approach is much better for me too.
May you explain this approach to me?

I found this article this morning & I think it's interesting & worth having a look at on a regular basis.
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/Nutrition-needs-when-youre-over-65
Forgive me, are you over 65? Or do you think everyone should eat this way before 65? I haven't read the article yet and I saw you post this title under another thread, I will go read both.

It's nice to see you post links because I read the community guidelines one time and saw something about links but I've wanted to link articles and exercises too.

Oh, so sorry your trip got rained out. And you get so little rain, such bad timing. Maybe there are other fun things to do in the rain in Hobart? Anyway, I agree with LaMa, at least Archie will be happy about this.

I'll have to come back later to post in my diary as I have an appointment with the breast screen bus at 10. I enjoyed having a few days break. I was so tired yesterday but had a great night's sleep & feel good this morning :)

Hi, LaMa, Bunny & M. We did have a fun weekend & the rain stopped almost as soon as we got there.
Weekend report-
We waited until we knew what A & M were doing & when they said they would still stay both nights we decided to as well. We spent the whole time with them. The next day, which was lovely & sunny, A chauffeured us around to various shopping centres, lunch, a very pretty historic town (Richmond) & then we had a pleasant few hours sitting around talking & eating out at our motel. M said that it had done A a lot of good. He has been quite depressed I think as he is used to being very active & has had serious health issues this year. G & A have become really close friends over the last few years, but so have M & I. It's lovely to get along really well with another couple.
Bunny- Re: carrot & stick. I respond better to encouragement than punishment. I am over 65 as are a few others in the forum. I don't feel old at heart though. The dietary guidelines are not much different at any age really. I'm not as active as I was as a teenager or when I was looking after small children. Being able to post links is a privilege earned after a certain time. We get so much spam & every post is checked by moderators. It's very time-consuming.
Yesterday-
I went into town early for the breast screen, which wasn't at all painful, LaMa. I took Arch for a couple of short walks & took him to the off-lead dog park as there was no one else there. He had a wonderful run around there. A woman & her dog arrived & he & Arch got along really well & buddied up & played. His owner seemed very nice & we exchanged names.
I came home & was so tired that I had a lazy afternoon & read a book. G went out to pool last night & I just watched tv. I slept 8 hours last night.
Today-
The power is about to go out & I think I'll do some gardening. We need to put some more mulch down before winter. All sorts of fungus is coming through in Arch's yard. I still feel a bit tired. I inhaled so much perfume at the weekend!

So glad you got to visit with A and M and that it was a really nice weekend. I wish there were a device you could put around your neck like a necklace that filtered the air around you. I have seen a battery powered necklace with two fans on the end that you can point at your face. You need something the opposite of that somehow.

Happy gardening and hope you recover fast!

One of my dad's cousins is allergic to pigs and he had a helmet with two giant filters on it to keep him safe even in the late 1980s. You'd think we'd progressed since then...

Thanks, LaMa & M. I'm still really suffering from the perfume exposure. Large enclosed shopping centres are the worst & I usually avoid them. I'll have to do that in the future or wear my vogmask. My lungs feel so mucky & I'm so itchy. I wish I could look forward to our week away, but I am starting to get really anxious about it. I bought some N95 masks the other day & I'll see how well they work against fragrance.

So unfair how literally stinky people are! I hope you can take lots of vitamin C and get your immune system happy again before your trip. Is it coming up soon? The N95 masks are such a good idea. I wear one for painting the house, and it works wonders.

So unfair how literally stinky people are! I hope you can take lots of vitamin C and get your immune system happy again before your trip. Is it coming up soon? The N95 masks are such a good idea. I wear one for painting the house, and it works wonders.
I hope so too, M. The trip is in 3 weeks from this Saturday.
For me the N95 masks help a bit but not enough to avoid reactions to strong exposure.
I haven't worn one yet, LaMa, but I really hope they work for me. Of course, the perfume affects my skin & hair so a mask won't stop all of that. Cloth masks seem to be frowned upon here, but the ones I have work much better than surgical ones which seem quite useless. Whenever I go in a medical centre they insist on surgical.

Whenever I go in a medical centre they insist on surgical.
I suspect that's to weed out people who wear masks forever (so they're basically bacteria/virus fountains every time they breathe out) and those with mesh masks or slits that don't really do anything. Having one rule for everyone makes it easier but I agree that the cloth masks are often more comfortable.

I suspect that's to weed out people who wear masks forever (so they're basically bacteria/virus fountains every time they breathe out) and those with mesh masks or slits that don't really do anything. Having one rule for everyone makes it easier but I agree that the cloth masks are often more comfortable.
I think that's probably right, LaMa. I have quite a few cloth masks & wash them every time I use them, but I'm sure most people don't.

I'm still recovering from the weekend I'm afraid & have a mucky chest, am sneezing lots & have a bit of a headache. If I feel like this tomorrow I'll do a c19 test. I feel sure it's an allergic reaction to all the perfume but better safe than sorry.
I have had to talk to myself a lot lately about going away. "Enjoy it", "You'll have fun" etc. There are 3 days when I will be getting on a bus full of women. :eek: I dread to think how many perfumes there will be. I will make myself wear one of my vogmasks. I have some very colourful ones. I don't want to come back really sick.

Back