Cate's Diary

I hope you can find some peace regarding the move. Would it help to give yourself a year? As in, if you still feel the same this time next year, you will start the process of looking for a house and selling up? Just so the whole thing isn’t a rushed decision?

Cooked chicken is so nice, hope you get some nice stuff.

Only 2 more days until G is home, thank goodness!
I do love how much you and G love each other and are so interconnected. You don't see so many loving relationships like that last so many years!
I think having a neighbourhood BBQ in December would be a good way of cementing ties with my neighbours & getting to know them better. I would like to think that someone would ask me if they were stuck.
That is good to get those ties established. I'm pretty bad at reaching out to neighbors but I do imagine we would all help each other if needed.

It's funny how we think a couple of days "off" could be just what we need to knuckle down and then it's the opposite. Happened to me more often than I care to admit: I need my structure.

I hope you can find some peace regarding the move. Would it help to give yourself a year? As in, if you still feel the same this time next year, you will start the process of looking for a house and selling up? Just so the whole thing isn’t a rushed decision?
I think this is a good idea. I certainly won't be rushing into anything.
Cooked chicken is so nice, hope you get some nice stuff.
I got lots of veggies, but no chicken.
I do love how much you and G love each other and are so interconnected. You don't see so many loving relationships like that last so many years!
I feel very lucky, Liza. I really do miss him. Only one more sleep!
That is good to get those ties established. I'm pretty bad at reaching out to neighbors but I do imagine we would all help each other if needed.
We all live well away from one another so I think it would be a nice idea. I think I'll do it.
It's funny how we think a couple of days "off" could be just what we need to knuckle down and then it's the opposite. Happened to me more often than I care to admit: I need my structure.
I don't like cooking at all so I haven't been having "proper" meals- mostly tuna & avocado & similar things usually on toast. Last night I had zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, eggs & some grated smoked mozzarella on toast which was an improvement as I had more veggies.
I bought so many veggies that we will be spoiled for choice. G said he would cook as soon as he gets back. I'll take out the 2 seafood lasagnes he had in the freezer for me & we can have them for lunch tomorrow with salad.
I bought a whole pumpkin, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beans, snow peas, spuds, kale, lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, and micro greens(sprouts)....I'll have a salad for lunch today with the last of the tuna & boiled egg.

Thanks, Em. The food has been delicious & nutritious, but I do feel uninspired when I think of actually cooking. I am very spoiled. With G away I get to read a book in the evening & not watch the football. That's a plus :) He loves watching TV in the evening. I have been going to bed at about 10 as well. The light comes into our room really early from a very high window (solo-passive house) which doesn't have anything covering it. When there's a full moon it is so bright & you can see the stars at night. I had a good night's sleep last night & was up early again. G just rang me. I think he's looking forward to getting home now. He doesn't like drinking too much & had a day off yesterday to recover. He sounds really tired. :beating:

I think having a neighbourhood BBQ in December would be a good way of cementing ties with my neighbours & getting to know them better.
That sounds so fun!!
I don't like cooking at all
Whew, someone on here who gets it.
Last night I had zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, eggs & some grated smoked mozzarella
Definitely recreating. Ever heard of zapiekanka? :sneaky: I'm obsessed.
I bought a whole pumpkin, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beans, snow peas, spuds, kale, lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, and micro greens(sprouts)....I'll have a salad for lunch today with the last of the tuna & boiled egg.
but I do feel uninspired when I think of actually cooking
Oh, this is you uninspired? Keep it up the good work. Why do you have to actually cook? As long as you're getting all that good stuff and won't get tired of salads and toasts. I'm similar but I won't even make a salad, I'll buy it and it won't have nearly as much vegetables.

Last night I had zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, eggs & some grated smoked mozzarella on toast which was an improvement as I had more veggies.
I feel so much more energized when I get my veggies in than when I'm just having bread-and-protein. Veggies are life.
G said he would cook as soon as he gets back.
❤️
G just rang me. I think he's looking forward to getting home now.
You guys are such #goals
Ever heard of zapiekanka? :sneaky: I'm obsessed.
Ooo, that looks nice! I may make a version of it for lunch.

The food has been delicious & nutritious, but I do feel uninspired when I think of actually cooking.
Why do you have to actually cook? As long as you're getting all that good stuff and won't get tired of salads and toasts.
I agree with chocolate bunny! As long as you are making good food choices no need to cook...So much nicer with fewer dishes to wash and stuff too! Especially as you have a lovely G in your life who loves to cook and will be coming back soon :)

With G away I get to read a book in the evening & not watch the football. That's a plus :) He loves watching TV in the evening. I have been going to bed at about 10 as well.
That sounds really good...I'm surprised you wouldn't just take your book to bed when G's home. Let him watch TV, while you get a nice evening in bed with a book and an early night...
The light comes into our room really early from a very high window (solo-passive house) which doesn't have anything covering it. When there's a full moon it is so bright & you can see the stars at night.
Oh that sounds so lovely!

Hi, Bunny, Llama, Liza (& Vic). I'm in a bit of a hurry as I'm expecting a call from G to pick him up down the corner of the highway anytime soon :beating:
I really don't like reading in bed & my chair in the living room is the warmest spot in the house :)
I'm showered & dressed & breakfasted & it's not yet 7.30 am!
It's funny but every night since G left Arch has slept on his side, about halfway down the bed on his little rug so I have had a whole half of a bed. Last night he curled up right next to me. I rolled over at one stage & his head was so close. It will be interesting to see what sort of reception G gets.

Welcome home, G :hurray: Here's hoping Archie won't be too jealous: sounds like he decided G forfeited his place by staying away so long :D

Thanks, Liza. I feel so much better having him home again, but I think it's good for both of us to have a break occasionally as well.
We had to take the car into the panel beaters early this morning so we decided to also have our fasting blood tests. We also had to go into town one day this week to pick up a couple of things so we took a cooked toastie with us & some coffee, had them after the tests & kept going & did the stuff we had to do & were home by 11 am. Now we can just relax.
We have had a couple of talks since he got home & we have decided we really do not want to think about moving for quite a while yet. I'm going to stop looking. We are not getting our old ute fixed & are going to get rid of it. G is going to keep his RAV & use it to also get wood from our block, but not take it into the middle of the rough bush. We are going to sell the Camry, which is too big & buy a small car for me. It feels good to have made these decisions.

Thanks Llama. I do feel much better about it. I have to try to talk him out of having the roof painted as I think it’s unnecessary & would be a big expense. Getting it cleaned off would be a good idea though.

Thanks, Liza & Em.
I think being on my own here for a week unsettled me. I was never scared, just felt lonely this time. We're definitely going to get a little car for me & sell the big one. I washed his RAV yesterday & it came up a treat. It's one of those cars that you feel will go forever. 🤞 It's a pity it's a manual.

I hope it sells easily and at a good price!

Back